Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
No, they do not. All states produce a profit for the federal government. Some simply receive a little more in federal aid than others, but never more than they produce in profits.
No they don't. That is a total input output for the states. It factors in all money going to the feds vs all money going out to the states. If Romney were to run America like he ran Bain the first logical thing to do would be sell off Alaska. You would hang on to California however since California is a cash cow for the federal government. If California received the same ratio of money in/money out to the federal government that Oklahoma has it would be extrodinarily flush in cash since that is almost twice what they get now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Yeah, but at least the residents in the middle of the country are willing to work for a living.
That explains why South Carolina's UE rate is so much lower then Vermont, and New York's oh wait...its not.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wrong again, Most Americans believe in a United States of America. Besides this is not a north/south or east/west issue there is no true red or blue states and if you look at the nation county by county the nation looks purple. So take your idea and keep dreaming, it will never be anything but a dream for some of you.

Right on target!

Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The middle of the country would be bankrupt in a matter of years. All those states with the exception of Texas rely greatly on support from coastal donor states. The folks in those states will have to learn to balance a budget on a $1.00 in/$1.00 out ratio and not on a $1.37 in/ $1.00 out ratio and that includes NC which takes in a $1.07 for every dollar it puts into the federal government.

On the other hand states like NJ, NY, CT, and NV will be flush with cash from not having to live on $.70/$1.00 federal output input.
You forget my friend .. The Government dole paradigm would cease to exist .. the argument on your behalf is not even relevant ..

The big state of Texas, as is shown in the map covering the entire center, will make it's own rules and govern according to it's own policies .. The states of the nation of Texas will do just fine I'm afraid ..

Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
I don't for a minute think that three American - by the way shouldn't New America be called Real Americaâ„¢ according to he meme - but I think that a good part of the rest of the world would be very happy, deliriously happy at that.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
You forget my friend .. The Government dole paradigm would cease to exist .. the argument on your behalf is not even relevant ..
Lmao, see what happens to the middle of the country when you end the farm subsidy/military spending/disaster relief/SS-Medicare dole. They will become 3rd world in a matter of years.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,209,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I don't necessarily agree with breaking up the U.S. Personally, I feel that a much better way to handle it would be to give back as much government as possible to the states. Where it belongs. I'd much rather pay a higher state tax where my money could be used here at home if I could pay less to the federal government which is filled with waste and more waste.
I totally agree with that. Return to a smaller fed gov, and let the states take care of issues within that state. And reverse Congressional abuse of commerce.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
The big state of Texas, as is shown in the map covering the entire center, will make it's own rules and govern according to it's own policies .. The states of the nation of Texas will do just fine I'm afraid ..
Texas is barely able to break even in terms of money. There is no way they would be able to support their northern neighbor of Oklahoma much less any of the rest of those heavily dependent states. The East Coast mega-city and its 20%+ of all American economic activity in a tiny area is the only thing keeping them afloat.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,311 times
Quote:
Lmao, see what happens to the middle of the country when you end the farm subsidy/military spending dole. They will become 3rd world in a matter of years.
You don't get out much do you?

The states in the middle of the country are "paid" to "not" grow food. The mid/center of this nation only plants just less of a quarter of what they could plant (while still saving the ground) because the government doesn't want the price of a loaf of bread to go below a dollar .. The farmers are being paid by our dear government not to plant ... it's called price manipulation .. and the government is pretty good at it.

Once the old government is gone, the states will once again farm .. and gawd forbid .. actually grow food.

We'll make a killing on it too .. we'll more than make up any old government losses by selling the food to you guys on the coasts ..

Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,209,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey
Yeah, but at least the residents in the middle of the country are willing to work for a living.
Quote:
That explains why South Carolina's UE rate is so much lower then Vermont, and New York's oh wait...its not.
No, it doesn't explain anything. It just merely states that those residents are WILLING to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies