Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You may have misunderstood or misheard this. Unless you can back up this "supposed" statement with a video or exact quote, this thread is baseless.
Quote:
I now that many who listen to Limbaugh or Fox News enjoy hearing baseless statements. As a rule, Progressives like to have facts, context, and verification.
Then allow me to suggest that you simply stop reading (and making baseless comments).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would agree, as most of what they are saying could not be uttered by a sane, rational person with a straight face.

Any lib who criticizes FOX has no credence whatsoever, given the embarrassment of MSNBC.
I have already explained the numbers to pgh and it is obvious you missed it also, logic is not high on the right-wing agenda. But by all means please feel free to whine on and on, you will get another 4 years to continue with your skill set.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Then allow me to suggest that you simply stop reading (and making baseless comments).
"baseless comments" like upon viewing MSNBC infrequently you think based on that viewing MSNBC's "complete and utter stupidity is astonishing, jaw dropping, and hilarious"....with not even one simple example?

//www.city-data.com/forum/25705893-post7.html

Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
mass media is all about entertainment, as long as they can draw the sheeples in they hear the sound chaching

Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was listening to MSNBC this morning for about an hour and I was flabergasted over some of the statements that were made.

One of them though was so ridiculous that I couldnt believe that they actually said it..

It went something like, (not quoting exactly)

A program designed to help keep people from becoming homeless had a budget of $23 before Obama became President, but the Obama stimulus bill gave them $1.3M which has helped them keep 1.5M people from becoming homeless.

This was made by the author of the book, "The New New Deal"...

Who the hell are these people trying to kid? $.80 kept someone from becoming homeless? They made so many statements like this that I just stood there in utter amazements at the outright lying taking place..

I guess you are one of those Republican saps who actually believes that Christian's Childrens Fund can change the life of some cute little slum dweller for less than 25 cents a day!

Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
I now that many who listen to Limbaugh or Fox News enjoy hearing baseless statements. As a rule, Progressives like to have facts, context, and verification.
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thank you for the laugh.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Fox isn't news, it's right-wing propaganda.
And the rest of the MSM is left-wing propaganda.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I occasionally, about once or twice a week, flip over to MSNBC. Their complete and utter stupidity is astonishing. Jaw dropping. Hilarious. They can't possibly believe what they say. Nobody is that stupid.

I sometimes wonder if it's just a silly little game to them to see how many low IQ people they can convince. I mean, really...................
Well look at who is chiming in defending this "media" outlet and there is your answer. lol

Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Fox isn't news, it's right-wing propaganda.
Right- so says the far left. Let me see, the following news organizations are equally as partisan for the left-

ABC,NBC, CBS, and CNN

MSNBC is in a category all by itself, as it really cannot be considered "news". It is a far left wing comedy show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies