Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 12:50 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Whats that noise ?? Sounds like foot steps running away.

Typical Republican response, I was for it before I was against it. Or thats not what I meant hypocrits.
When each item from the list is alone in its own thread, it makes for great liberal-bashing vitriol.

But...when grouped together as in the OP, it must look as ugly and dangerous to them as it does to us. At least that is what I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 12:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
In the same vein as what Electric Blue just posted, No. 28 is also crap. Few if any conservatives call for a return to the anti-sodomy laws that some states had as late as the 1980s
Crime History: Arrest in Georgia bedroom leads to landmark sodomy ruling | WashingtonExaminer.com

But there is still plenty of sex police activity around, mostly again a liberal/leftwing thing. Here in the Seattle area, the only thing were more drenched in than rain is liberalism. We've got sex police activity all the time. Seattle's looney-left mayor McGinn has made a crusade against backpage.com sex ads a major plank in his mayoral platform.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
The far left hasn't taken control of the Democratic party, but the far right has done so in the Republican party. And many of these points, while ridiculous, are based on actual far right positions, both of voters and of elected officials.

That's why it's not trolling.
Oh ok that clears it all up.

Thread still here..........what a shock.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Wow. I won't even bother with most of them. No.15 though is total crap. You do know it was conservatives,led by Barry Goldwater,that helped end the draft,tight? Liberals opposed it. Mandatory service is a liberal/leftwing thing.
Admittedly there are some points in my post that were originally Democrat ideas but have been embraced by the NEW Republicanism. Likewise there are traditional Republican stances that have now been embraced by the Democrats. Obamacare and the individual mandate is one I can think of off the top of my head. This was originally proposed by the Heritage Foundation, an extremely conservative republican organization. So was the welfare to work program initiated by Clinton. So the door swings both ways on your point.

My point was to list the far right wish list that has been posted in C-D in various threads over the recent past. If anyone needs me to provide a link to each item, I guess I can, but I think everyone who frequents this board can remember a thread where one or more of these "wishes" were expounded on, in detail by our honorable right wing.

Frankly my own list scares the crap out of me, when I Reread it. I'll be very interested in the various responses.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-19-2012 at 01:22 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh, stop whining! As the OP noted, each item has been suggested by members of C-D...they shouldn't come as a big surprise. We saw the GOP get most of what it wanted under Bush '43, and look where that got us...well and truly screwed.
I'm whining? Did you read the OP? Apparently not. lol

Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Pointing out the ugliness of zealots is not whining...it's addressing the elephant in the room.

The far right supports ideas that, if implemented, gravely impact this country.

Conversely, some ideas from the far left are just as horrific, but this thread is illustrating the RW ones.

If it's uncomfortable to look at the sum of those RW contributions, perhaps you should rethink your politics.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey, Chief, I'll be the first to admit that it's a can of gas on the right wing campfire. But I still think it had to be said. What made me post it was when I was going through all the existing threads in P&OC today and realized that 4/5ths of them are right wing spin, making the usual ridiculous charges against Obama, Liberals and anyone who isn't rabidly right. The thought came to me that "What if these kooks got everything they've been hoping for in the last two years?" Two hours of research in past P&OC threads started by the honorable right gave me the answer. When I wrote them all down on one piece of paper, it scared the crap out of me and It should scare the crap out of any sane, thinking individual, IMO.
FYI: this is the first thread I've started here in over three years, so I'm not one for starting fires.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-19-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Pointing out the ugliness of zealots is not whining...it's addressing the elephant in the room.

The far right supports ideas that, if implemented, gravely impact this country.

Conversely, some ideas from the far left are just as horrific, but this thread is illustrating the RW ones.

If it's uncomfortable to look at the sum of those RW contributions, perhaps you should rethink your politics.
The problem is if I started a thread point out the horrific liberal ideas that HAVE been put in place like this one it would be deleted for "trolling".

Who said anything about uncomfortable. I could go down the entire list and point out rationale reasons why something should our shouldn't be implemented and why on and an and what would the point be? The left throng would scream Romney didn't pay his taxes. Yippee.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey, Chief, I'll be the first to admit that it's a can of gas on a campfire. But I still think it had to be said. What made me post it was when I was going through all the existing threads in P&OC today and realized that 4/5ths of them are right wing spin, making the usual ridiculous charges against Obama, Liberals and anyone who isn't rabidly right. The thought came to me that "What if these kooks got everything they've been hoping for in the last two years? Two hours of research in past P&OC threads started by the honorable right gave me the answer. When I wrote them all down on one piece of paper, it scared the crap out of me and It should scare the crap out of any sane, thinking individual, IMO.
I'm not going to go into breaking down the thread for reasons I've already stated.

The way the government is set up is supposed to prevent what your post is asserting could happen. Now what we have had these last four years is a power grab by the executive branch from his czars to exec orders to blatantly violating the constitution. The senate has been pushed to the side and the democrats who control it have done nothing. If say the republicans are to get all three branches of government it will only be the fault of the democrats for the policies they have shoved down the throats of the American people. Policies they don't like.

As for the claim that "right wing extremists" have taken over the republican party all I can do is laugh. To many calling for simply a budget to be offered up by our government is some "extremist" rant. Paying off debt and lowering taxes is "crazy talk from the right". LOL. If that is what folks consider "extremist" then paint me with that brush too.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Whats that noise ?? Sounds like foot steps running away.

Typical Republican response, I was for it before I was against it. Or thats not what I meant hypocrits.
Indeed! I hear the running stampede even now....

That is a very scarey list in the OP. And, as has been said, I, too, certainly remember each of those positions being put forward by the right "leaners" on CD, and they argued for those positions with such passion. It's not so "pretty" when you see it all organized in a list, is it? The defenders of such positions must be shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies