Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
BECAUSE I didn't make those claims. Since when is it the responsibility of the reader of posts to validate the claims of the person making the claims? Why the "exception" in this instance? If it's so easy to find, why is the person making the claims so resistant to providing sources?
I gave you that bridge to nowhere. Google is there for you to find more if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,229 times
Quote:
And maybe you should listen more closely to the word ALL "campaign goals." Obama obviously did use the word "promise" regarding healthcare, and he kept that promise.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He also promised to create 7 million jobs. Where are they?

(A) It's because of the Bush Administration I couldn't fulfill that promise
(B) Congress refused to work with me
(C) I was messing with you.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
RTT is not and was not part of the stimulus package. It's a replacement for NCLB.
And where did I indicate it was a failure ? Money wasted ? You might be confusing RTT with the 2009 stimulus package. They are 2 completely separate items and not connected at all. And you brought up RTT to begin with.
I did say that it has more mandated testing than NCLB and teachers will be held accountable when kids fail. And that teachers are avoiding jobs in low performing schools because their jobs depend on kids passing the state tests. I never said failure, you did.

Who determines if a program is a failure ? NCLB has been in place for over a decade and is still funded each year. Under NCLB 100% of kids must pass state tests in 2014. You can only declare NCLB a failure if that goal is not met..correct ?
This is the RTT I'm talking about:

the stimulus also launched Race to the Top, which was a real a-ha moment. I knew Race to the Top was a huge deal in the education reform world, but I had no idea it was a stimulus program. It quickly became obvious that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (the formal name of the stimulus) was also a huge deal for health care, transportation, scientific research, and the safety net as well as the flailing economy. It was about Reinvestment as well as Recovery, and it was hidden in plain view.

The New New Deal: A Book Argues That President Obama’s Stimulus Has Been an Astonishing Success - Slate Magazine

And I thought we were talking about the 2009 stimulus.

Actually I thought you had been saying that overall you think the stimulus was a failure and a waste of money. Now we're just getting into specifics of the stimulus. So you DON'T think RTT is a failure?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He also promised to create 7 million jobs. Where are they?

(A) It's because of the Bush Administration I couldn't fulfill that promise
(B) Congress refused to work with me
(C) I was messing with you.
And how many times do you need to be reminded that this conversation is specifically about the newly released money for construction jobs now? (I'm messing with you)

Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I gave you that bridge to nowhere. Google is there for you to find more if you like.
Okay. Got it. You're not going to provide sources. No problem. Just wanted to clear that up. And I'm not going to go looking for sources to validate your claims.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
So, you're complaining about the money being released now? Would you rather it not have been released at all? Is that what you're saying? The point is that it has been released NOW. That money has now already been released and is available to create jobs in this country. You don't like that?
I would have liked it 3 years ago, 2 years ago. If you can't see it for what it is, that's sad. That amount of money is a pittance compared to what taxpayer money he has squandered away.

Maybe he can go back and sign off on the Keystone Pipeline deal with Canada where 1,000s of jobs can be created. Oh, wait he can't - Canada signed a deal with China!!!!

This is the potential the pipeline had for the US - which Obama rejected:

Keystone pipeline: How many jobs it would really create - Dec. 13, 2011

Quote:
The 1,700-mile long pipeline would transport crude oil from Canada's oil sands region in Alberta to refineries along the U.S. Gulf Coast.
The Obama administration pushed back the project last month pending a review from the State Department, but Republicans want to bring it back as a sweetener to approve an extension of the payroll-tax break and federal unemployment insurance. The House passed a measure Tuesdaythat would tie tax cuts to Keystone approval.
TransCanda (TRP), the company that wants to build the pipeline, says Keystone would create 20,000 "direct" jobs. That includes 13,000 construction jobs and 7,000 jobs making stuff like pump houses and the pipe itself.
It also projects nearly 120,000 "indirect" jobs -- think restaurant workers and hotel employees to support the construction.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
And how many times do you need to be reminded that this conversation is specifically about the newly released money for construction jobs now? (I'm messing with you)
50 times???

Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So this is your end game so to speak. Twist and spin and try and frustrate posters due to your incessant and blatant badgering then scream about being insulted. You are quite the piece of work for sure.
I think you're frustrated because you can't prove your claims. I'm not badgering anyone and I'm not screaming. What's the problem? You guys make post with assertions that you can't prove and you refuse to just admit it's your opinion with nothing to back it up? I think you're just a sore loser.

I'm not twisting and spinning. I'm asking questions about your assertions which obviously you cannot answer and I assume that's because you do not know the answers and can't find anything to back up what you say.

Let me return the compliment....you are quite the piece of work for sure.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
50 times???

LOL Good luck with that. I'll just ignore you, if you're lucky.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Quote:
BECAUSE I didn't make those claims. Since when is it the responsibility of the reader of posts to validate the claims of the person making the claims? Why the "exception" in this instance? If it's so easy to find, why is the person making the claims so resistant to providing sources?
And when the claims are backed up like they have been in this thread yet you continue screaming for more links and posting more of the same questions. Why do you do that constantly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies