Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 05:45 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
At a Christian Holy site when there as a representative of the U.S. government?
Obviously he should not have done what he did. But this is simply not the outrage that you seem to so desperately want make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 05:52 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,000,015 times
I don't care. Unlike many of my fellow Americans, I don't have a problem with disrobing. Perhaps it's a bit insensitive and inappropriate, but I certainly don't think it warrants FBI involvement.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:30 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,520,053 times
Quote:
In 2009, Rep Yoder was cited for refusing to take a DUI breathalyzer test after being pulled over by a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper. His campaign maintains he hadn't been drinking.
Thirty freshman lawmakers went to Israel in August 2011 for an all-expense-paid trip, along with their families and aides, that cost a reported $10,000 per person."

Read more: Rep Kevin Yoder jumped naked into Sea of Galilee during 'drunken' trip to Israel | Mail Online
Typical stunt of a repressed child away from home, free of the scrutiny of his authorities.

Liberals tend to raise their children to think about cause and effect, personal responsibility for not just themselves but for the impact they have on all their world... things like respect for other peoples' principles, ethics, cultures.... looks like half of our country could learn from this misguided young man's folly.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Can you believe how they dismiss and, in some cases, even defend such behavior?
No one defended it, we asked what the part provided a need to involve the FBI.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,328,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are massive groups of people that do this, its not illegal. Ever hear of a nude beach, or nudist camps?

It's probably why most of the farms and properties around here have ponds.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Even more offensive to me is the part that it cost $10,000 person and they included family members... since when is this a responsibility of the US to pay for extravagant trips of the families of Congress?.. I think it is high time they foot their own expenses.
It wasn't taxpayer money.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:10 AM

687 posts, read 1,373,807 times
Just a few weeks ago the Republicans were saying that reporters had desecrated a sacred site in Poland because they had the audacity to ask Romney a question, but they are bending over backward to defend a Republican Congressman who gets drunk, strips naked in front of a crowd of people, and skinny dips at a religious site.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
Some Repugs know how to party!

I seriously suggest he get some help with his apparent weakness for booze. That can destroy you.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
Just a few weeks ago the Republicans were saying that reporters had desecrated a sacred site in Poland because they had the audacity to ask Romney a question, but they are bending over backward to defend a Republican Congressman who gets drunk, strips naked in front of a crowd of people, and skinny dips at a religious site.
Just another day in San Francisco...

Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Sounds like someone thinks that official tours are a Spring Break opportunity. How pathetic.

"Kansas Rep Kevin Yoder, 36, who was voted one of 'Hottest Freshmen in Congress,' admitted to skinny dipping in the holy water in August 2011. He was one of just Republican six Congressmen who jumped in the lake after a drunken night out at a high-price hotel, it was reported on Sunday. . . Rep Yoder reportedly disrobed in front of one Congressman's daughter and the wife of another member."

In 2009, Rep Yoder was cited for refusing to take a DUI breathalyzer test after being pulled over by a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper. His campaign maintains he hadn't been drinking.
Thirty freshman lawmakers went to Israel in August 2011 for an all-expense-paid trip, along with their families and aides, that cost a reported $10,000 per person."

Read more: Rep Kevin Yoder jumped naked into Sea of Galilee during 'drunken' trip to Israel | Mail Online
I sure am glad I never took on one of those 24/7 elective jobs. It seems to me that reporting the man for disrobing in front of those two females would have been plenty, but the fact that his job and party are also included in the report makes me wonder just what the purpose of reporting it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies