Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
heh ..
yes heh , meaning I have a better grasp on gays and and their beliefs on sexuality and what is enjoyable to them, than you do with your non-existent gay friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Quote:
what is enjoyable to them
I don't think school is the place for anyone to learn about what is or isn't "enjoyable" though Some things you can only learn by doing.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Living in Hollywood has nothing do t o with the fact that by 10 years old, many girls are already starting puberty.

I've already stated that I knew a girl who was pregnant at 12 years old. Its never too young

six is not too young to learn correct anatomy

seven is not too young to learn that those anatomy have a purpose, in a bad situation should not be touched by an adult.

by 10, full on EDUCATION is needed. Girls are having their periods by 10 years of age, and even then it can be too late for some.
As someone who has been in the classroom with 10 year-olds, trust me, the overwhelming majority have no need for this. For heaven's sake, most are still playing with dolls. Yes, there may be one per school system at that age who is sexually active but that child needs to be dealt with one-on-one, to be frank probably needs a lot more intervention than just sex ed. But the rest need to be allowed to stay children for a couple more years. We force them to grow up way too fast. There should be some sex ed in middle school but it shouldn't be too in-depth. There is no need for any child under high school age to receive as graphic of sex ed as that one school system proposes. And, because I like being a broken record, parents should have the right to opt their child out of the instruction.

Just out of curiosity, how old are your kids?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As someone who has been in the classroom with 10 year-olds, trust me, the overwhelming majority have no need for this. For heaven's sake, most are still playing with dolls. Yes, there may be one per school system at that age who is sexually active but that child needs to be dealt with one-on-one, to be frank probably needs a lot more intervention than just sex ed. But the rest need to be allowed to stay children for a couple more years. We force them to grow up way too fast. There should be some sex ed in middle school but it shouldn't be too in-depth. There is no need for any child under high school age to receive as graphic of sex ed as that one school system proposes. And, because I like being a broken record, parents should have the right to opt their child out of the instruction.

I actually didn't think there was anything "graphic" about the proposed curriculum. It was all very topical and not detailed. I don't think too much needs to be said beyond health issues which doesn't need to get into "graphic" detail. That kind of sex ed HAS to happen before high school or there is no point. There is no need for graphic stuff at any age.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I actually didn't think there was anything "graphic" about the proposed curriculum. It was all very topical and not detailed. I don't think too much needs to be said beyond health issues which doesn't need to get into "graphic" detail. That kind of sex ed HAS to happen before high school or there is no point.
This is beyond health issues.
Quote:
By the time students are 10 years old, instruction will include the various ways people can have intercourse, be it vaginally, orally or through "anal penetration," according to the proposal.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:

How, exactly, is learning proper terminology too advanced for children of any age?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,311 times
Quote:
yes heh , meaning I have a better grasp on gays and and their beliefs on sexuality and what is enjoyable to them, than you do with your non-existent gay friends
Whatever.

You're straight (so you claim) and I'm straight.

We both believe in Gay Rights ..

We both believe in sex ed

What we don't agree on is the ages related to when sex ed in school starts.
You have that all fired up Liberal view, and I have that laid back Conservative view.

If you think that Gay people have to be screaming Liberals, then you've got another thing coming.

You think you've got a better grasp on Gay reality even tho' you claim that you aren't Gay ... and you live around them ..

Living around Gay people isn't the same as babysitting their kids, going fishing and hunting with them, sharing the holidays with them .. um .. having a perfectly normal friendship with them outside of all of the glitz and political nonsense.

Just because my friends are Gay, doesn't mean that they can't be as concerned about political agenda as the next straight person that comes along .. I think that you are verklempt over the idea that there really are Gays out there, living perfectly normal lives, that don't agree with what's going on in Montana.

I don't lay claim to being in tune with Gay reality .. outside of what I've learned by a few couples in Portland Oregon over the past 30 some odd years.

You go right on ahead and spew your tripe tho', and folks like us, Gay or not will just shake our heads and get on with our perfectly normal lives.

Lives that include raising our children to the very best of our ability (Gay or otherwise)

Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
This is beyond health issues.

by 10 years old, they should be learning the entire kit and kaboodle of sex. Face reality. 10 year old girls are having their periods. I know 18 year olds that still play with dolls; the playing with dolls is not indicative on their ability to handle an issue that will be important to their futures in making the CORRECT decision concerning the sexual life.

as stated, I learned about sex when I was five years old, and to this day:
I've never had STD
I've never been pregnant.

And I have what I consider an active sex life. What I learned from my parents at 5 and my school's sex education (when I was 10) about contraceptives was enough to teach me that I need to be responsible with my life.

I didn't need to get re-educated later because I didn't forget what I learned. I just had to look at friends in school who got pregnant at 14, 15, and 16 years of age, due to the decisions they made

Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,424 times
Quote:
Do some heterosexual couples engage in oral and/or anal sex?

If at least one heterosexual couple have engaged in the act of oral and/or anal sex, they have indeed done exactly the same type of SEX that gay do.

So YOU fail like everyone else who says otherwise
that really is a retarded comparison because the same could be said about bestiality.

would you say that intercourse with a dog would be the same as with your girlfriend?

well, perhaps if she was ugly enough then maybe, lol.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 PM

From the curriculum guide.
Quote:
6th grade: Understand that sexual intercourse includes but is not limited to vaginal, oral, or anal penetration; using the penis, fingers, tongue or objects
That is more than terminology.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: formatting issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies