Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
First of all, as I just posted above, ANY parent can opt out of these classes - so nothing is being "decided for them," given that permission slips are usually signed before they start.
In some states they are given permission slips to let the kids take classes, in others the parent has to contact the school and request there child be optted out.

Quote:
P.S. You're kind of switching/avoiding topics here, since my quoted post was in response to your assumption that "becoming a parent often turns you more conservative overnight." Well, not in my observations!
LOL I was trying to stay on topic. We just have different observations. Most parents I know became quite impassioned about a parent's right to educate their child as they saw fit, not how the government or schools saw fit, as their own children grew. It's an opinion, that's all.

Quote:
As for opting out, they will never be able to force any lesson on a child - especially if they oppose based on religious reasons, since the freedom of religion would trump all else. So they can propose whatever they want, but I don't see that happening in the United States.
I hope not. But there are people who rather loudly advocate taking that right away from parents.

Quote:
Heck, people propose lots of things, but it seems only the conservatives in this country get all spazzed over it.
Naw. You just notice it more, kind of like I notice liberals spazzing more.

Quote:
I propose we add Facebooking to the standard high school curriculum!! LOL
You and every middle school and high school student in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I hope public schools ban this website from their school computers for one thing. After reading through this thread a kid wouldn't know which way is up after reading some of the post tossed out here. I just hope the few who claimed to be teachers were kidding.
Who me? No kidding. Just retired this summer.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:42 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
basically, the actions one must perform.

In my day, all that was taught was the biology of reproduction so can't see how that could be done in homosexual classroom
If the biology class is taught correctly then it should be clear that homosexuals can't mate and reproduce.

[class dismissed]

Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So any deeper discussion of sex techniques would only serve to motivate students to get naked to try out acts of sodomy?
Where did you get that? I said there doesn't need to be a sex ed class to begin with, let alone a specific discussion of anything homosexual.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Kenneth Kaunda and Western Pilgrim should really get together at a cheap motel and have at each other. It seems like every post they make deals with homosexuality. They should just stop denying their basic urges and indulge them.
Be sure and throw Harrier in there for good measure, too.

I swear - it's like they're brothers from different mothers or something. Pretty much interchangeable, if you ask me.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
The unfortunate ones of the 100% aversion to the opposite sex can live a life of celibacy, in accordance with the wishes of the Lord.
Actually they can't as Paul said most people were not given that gift. As usual, you know nothing about the Bible or God. You're just using him as justification for your hate of gays. Stop pretending you're Christian. You don't meet any of the criteria.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Ours didn't start until 9th grade (early 70's) .. it was called health class ..
6th grade. I was there. Big deal was made of boys going one place and girls going to another. We learned about our periods and whatnot too. By 9th grade everything is moot altough there was still more health classes to be had and probably repeat of info, which isn't unusual. But it was Jr High as we called it, Middle School today, is when everyone started telling everyone else everything they knew about sex. Stories were told, books were passed around (and not HEALTH books), expiermentation was done by a daring few....mom and dad were not privy to that info and they still aren't.

I'm still a bit confused how learning any of this by either 6th grade or 8th grade or 10th grade has anything to do with homosexual indoctrination.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:08 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If the biology class is taught correctly then it should be clear that homosexuals can't mate and reproduce.

[class dismissed]
Yes they can - just not with their same-sex partner.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And this is fine .. As a parent, that's her right. I don't have a problem with that at all.
I'll be sure to tell her "bigskydude" approves...

Quote:
What I do take issue with is that the schools have taken it upon themselves to do this to 5,6, and 7 year olds.
What schools are teaching it THAT young? I don't know of any, and I work with kids that age every day.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
The proposed curriculum guide is part of a broad range of health courses that also teach nutriition, disease prevention, anatomy and environmental health. It would teach students as early as second grade that using anti-gay slurs is hurtful and teach children in older elementary grades about sexual harassment and abuse.
Students would be told as early as kindergarten to properly name body parts. The concept that people "can love people of the same gender and people of another gender" would be introduced in first grade, though homosexual relationships aren't discussed until fifth grade.
Fifth-graders also would learn that sexual intercourse "includes but is not limited to vaginal, oral, or anal penetration." Teachers would start discussing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and drugs and alcohol with middle-schoolers, while high school students would learn about sexual orientation and the "legal implications" of some decisions.
Montana city's sex ed plans draw fire - CNN

Oooooooh this is some scary stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies