Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,986,797 times

Advertisements

out to make conservatives look stupid and hateful by reducing their worldview to shallow, repetitive arguments and absolutes? Sort of like a stealth Stephen Colbert attack?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,238,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
out to make conservatives look stupid and hateful by reducing their worldview to shallow, repetitive arguments and absolutes? Sort of like a stealth Stephen Colbert attack?
Puts me in mind of Air America.

It never really got off the ground.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:42 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,146,221 times
Quote:
No, they are really that far out there, its not disguise!

Only tyrants and despots speak in such absolutes (can't remember who quoted it)

Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM

6,213 posts, read 11,814,508 times
Quote:
Sort of like a stealth Stephen Colbert attack?
I always wondered if Stephen Colbert is really conservative or just acting it? I thought maybe that's why he left the Daily Show and started his own show because of John Stewart's liberal views.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,819,717 times
Quote:
This is a retarded post. It is like saying Bill Clinton is gay in disguise while he is banging every living female creature he sees (except Hillary, of course).

Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,386,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
This is a retarded post. It is like saying Bill Clinton is gay in disguise while he is banging every living female creature he sees (except Hillary, of course).

Old 10-04-2007, 05:06 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,459,048 times
Quote:
I second that.........................retarded post.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 PM

36,340 posts, read 15,940,469 times
Quote:
That's too funny Thank you!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,986,797 times
Quote:
Do you consider Hannity and Coulter's commentary to be deep, nuanced, or convincing? I've read in some places that Michael Savage, for instance, might possibly be a closet liberal who puts on his uber-right-wing theater in order to make the points he's making sound stupid. Colbert does it but he makes it obvious. Maybe Hannity, Coulter, Savage, etc. are being subversive underneath all that posturing? When I listen to them it makes me more liberal rather than more conservative (just like Colbert) -- maybe they're trying to accomplish the same goal?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:22 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,819,717 times
Quote:
Do you consider Hannity and Coulter's commentary to be deep, nuanced, or convincing? I've read in some places that Michael Savage, for instance, might possibly be a closet liberal who puts on his uber-right-wing theater in order to make the points he's making sound stupid. Colbert does it but he makes it obvious. Maybe Hannity, Coulter, Savage, etc. are being subversive underneath all that posturing? When I listen to them it makes me more liberal rather than more conservative (just like Colbert) -- maybe they're trying to accomplish the same goal?
Riiiiiiight.

Again, that would be like syaing Al Gore actually cares about the planet while he flies in private jets and spends $11,000 a MONTH in electricity.

Whatever you read about Hannity and Ann Coulter being "closet liberals" makes no sense. That would be like saying Bill likes Hillary or saying Lindsey Lohan is a happy individual or that Michael Vick loves dogs.

If of all people, Ann Coulter was a liberal, boy she sure has strange ways to show how "liberal" she is.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies