Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
It's not human error, and Ruby Ridge did happen under George H.W. Bush, he was President in 1992
That poster acknowledged this in the post that you responded to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
. Janet Reno should pray she doesn't get sent to a special place in hell for her actions at Waco.
I don't know about that(not my place to condemn) - but her standing trial as a war criminal at the Hague isn't outside the realm of appropriateness.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Why do people feel sympathetic toward the Weavers even after 20 years, but that same level of sympathy is not displayed when a drug dealer's family is gunned down by police. People aren't even as sympathetic when it is not the drug dealer's family, but a family that just happened to be in the home when cops serve the warrant on the wrong house.

Randy Weaver broke the law, refused to surrender to authorities with a proper arrest warrant, a family friend and his son shot and killed a LEO. I fail to see why he is a cause celebre for some right wingers. Is it because it involved gun laws?
Right wing nut jobs support their own, pure plain and simple.

There are number of right wing groups that support the violent overthrow of the United States Government. Randy Weaver represents somebody who "stood up" and fought federal law enforcement. That's just the type of action these people advocate.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If the came up to the front door unannounced I would be out the back door as fast as possible.
You lose strategic advantage as a defender and adequate cover that way - especially in a wooded area - you are setting yourself up for an ambush by leaving the house.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
I remember watching a movie about Ruby Ridge and have watched the documentary and I will say that I feel Weaver was more responsible for his wife and son's death than anyone. He should have given himself up.

I feel for his surviving children in that they have had to live motherless since these tragic events.

I also see Randy Weaver more in the lines of a criminal holding out, trying to resist arrest and I don't understand the fascination some have with him and how this whole incident was blown up to instigate so much controversey. I don't believe for a second that the FBI didn't yell that they were federal agents, especially after the shots were fired after the dog was killed. The whole situation could have been and should have been over at that point IMO and Weaver should have had more control over his son, especially since his son had such a high caliber, dangerous weapon. If Weaver had done the right thing and put his hands up right then and walked out, even if he had been shot down, it would have been better than his son and wife being killed.

I see him more as a coward than anything.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Right wing nut jobs support their own, pure plain and simple.

There are number of right wing groups that support the violent overthrow of the United States Government. Randy Weaver represents somebody who "stood up" and fought federal law enforcement. That's just the type of action these people advocate.
F ing right. This gov't is supposed to represent us, protect us, serve us - not engage us as the enemy.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I remember watching a movie about Ruby Ridge and have watched the documentary and I will say that I feel Weaver was more responsible for his wife and son's death than anyone. He should have given himself up.

I feel for his surviving children in that they have had to live motherless since these tragic events.

I also see Randy Weaver more in the lines of a criminal holding out, trying to resist arrest and I don't understand the fascination some have with him and how this whole incident was blown up to instigate so much controversey. I don't believe for a second that the FBI didn't yell that they were federal agents, especially after the shots were fired after the dog was killed. The whole situation could have been and should have been over at that point IMO and Weaver should have had more control over his son, especially since his son had such a high caliber, dangerous weapon. If Weaver had done the right thing and put his hands up right then and walked out, even if he had been shot down, it would have been better than his son and wife being killed.

I see him more as a coward than anything.
He's the coward? Jesus, you people are insane and that's why this country is going to hell. Freaking liberals make me sick. You are the cowards supporting gov't oppression of the populace, asking the gov't to take care of you instead of taking care of yourself.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:38 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
She was murdered in cold blood by coward FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi. The saddest thing about the incident is that every government agent there didn't share mad dog Degan's fate. EVERY government agent on that scene was cowardly scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Was she shot by fbi or marshalls? From what I saw when the FBI got the rules of engagement that said any adult male was a legitimate target their reaction was " no way, dont shoot unless shot at"

Old 08-21-2012, 03:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
That's pure BS. BATF thugs went in firing. Even hitting each other (morons). Another case of government Gestapo thugs ignoring Constitutional rights or Due Process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think the WACO action was about trying to take into custody a cult that had ambushed and killed several police officers.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
F ing right. This gov't is supposed to represent us, protect us, serve us - not engage us as the enemy.
What are they supposed to do if you break the law, shoot a Federal agent and refuse to surrender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies