Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

did anyone even notice this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
A New York City newspaper says it received an anonymous call from a person claiming to have discarded spoiled bacon in a park where Muslims had scheduled Ramadan prayers.

The caller said he was putting it out for seagulls and raccoons to eat, not as an anti-Muslim statement.
Caller: Bacon was for animals, not anti-Muslim act - WTOP.com

Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No pun intended, but your last sentence is baloney.

Do you really think there was NO hateful motivation behind dropping bacon at a Ramadan celebration site? Next thing you'll try to convince us the KKK was simply having BBQs on that neighbor's lawn, who just happened to be Black. Hate crimes are all about motivation, which is what (the cops believe) turned this from a simple littering crime to an ethnically-motivated one. So yes, your legalese is slacking!
I'm not saying they aren't ***holes, I'm saying they didn't break the law other than any littering violations, etc. So basically if you offend someone, then it's a hate crime?

If a man who hates Catholics breaks into a Church and steals/desectrates the communion, you think he should be punished greater than if he just broke in and stole a hymnal?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
IF you burn a cross in the yard of a black family, it's more than just littering.
If you draw swasticas on a jewish families garage it's more than just vandalism.

and so on and so forth....

I would highly suggest that you go check out the FBI hate crime stats, you might be surprised to see that minorities are charged with them quite frequently and it's not just a punishment for "white guys".
If you burn a cross in the yard of a black family, you've trespassed and damaged private property. If you draw swasticas on a jewish family's garage, then you've committed vandalism. If you put bacon in a field in order to offend muslims, what crime has been committed other than offending muslims?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
The only crime is they wasted bacon, that is more a sin than a crime.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The only crime is they wasted bacon, that is more a sin than a crime.
Let's be honest, bacon is pretty gross. Everything the pig eats is stored in the fat and that's what bacon is.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
And we wonder why Muslims feel unwelcomed in this country? Seriously, you all need to grow up.

No, I don't wonder at all!
I think they are out to change our 1st amendment.

Welcome to the USA, where tolerance means, you deal with it and go about your way.

"Hate crime" is what is used when there really is no crime, or additional crime, ruled by emotions. Not individual rights.

All violent crime, is "hate crime" They don't do it because they love, or even like you.

My breathing, is a "hate crime" to some.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
And we wonder why Muslims feel unwelcomed in this country? Seriously, you all need to grow up.
No, everyone else with their panties in a wad need to grow up, even the Muslims who were offended. It's childish to the nth degree to be so worried about this garbage. I don't see people from India charging people with hate crimes for eating or having a damn steak around.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Well I will be hatefully cooking this pork shoulder slowly with peppers and spice for my empanadas. So when radical Islam, who seems to be supported by this curent administration, takes over..will they be hating on all of us who love pork and ban it from our markets?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well I will be hatefully cooking this pork shoulder slowly with peppers and spice for my empanadas. So when radical Islam, who seems to be supported by this curent administration, takes over..will they be hating on all of us who love pork and ban it from our markets?

I have a freezer full of Russian boar.... What to do, what to do?

Backstraps, or tenderloins? What a decision.

When someone gets smacked in the face for it, let me know and we can talk about a crime.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
I wonder if Muslims spend hours awake at night pondering all of the ways they came into contact with pork products inadvertently during their day.

It just proves how absurd these religious restrictions on pork and other products considered "haram" are.

So stupid. The only way they're going to make 100% certain that they will never come into contact with anything pork is to go to a COUNTRY that doesn't raise it, or import it, or use it in any way, shape or form.

Get on a jet, and leave.

This country likes bacon.

Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies