Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCityForYou View Post
The map counts church donations as "charity". The little money you give to the collection plate doesn't all go to help poor people, it goes to pay salaries of the clergy, pay for maintenance and new wings for churches and any number of random things that don't help anybody. You think the many palatial cathedrals across America and Europe built by donations are a great example of "charity"? Also many people put money in that collection plate because they will be viciously gossiped about if they dont or put in extra to help their guilty conscience
And how is that different from the large office buildings and salaries of CEOs and other executives who run national charities? Our churches here are around a hundred or more years old. I'd say they're long paid off. What's left is utilities and general maintenance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Another troll thread. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
Another deflection by the liberals.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
13 of the 15 states with the highest percentage of their citizens on welfare are BLUE states:
The Biggest US Welfare States - CNBC
Probably not as much as it used to be, but in the Red States it's considered a public disgrace for a person to be on government welfare.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Try reading the article...that statistic was going off of % of net income, not total dollars.

^^

Beware of the %

Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I consider myself an independent, as both political parties turn me off. I can tell you this though...I have friends who are Republican, and friends who are Democrat, and the ones who are Democrat seem more hateful
More hateful towards what specifically? From my own experience Republicans are far more hateful than most Democrats I've seen; rather the root of hate is from Obama, Gay-Marriage, Taxes, Abortion, Diversity, Immagration. Of course I've seen hate from either party especially on City-Data but in person, the Republicans I've seen are typically more hateful than the Democrats. I will say they (Republicans) truly hate Obama as a person, I'm a Democrat, but I didn't hear any Democrats complain much about Bush compared to Obama and Bush had done much more controversial things than Obama has went through. Most people in the real don't know about something Obama has done such as using Drones in the middle east as we City-Data members do, but they know of the controversial moves that Bush had from 9/11 to Iraq War to the Financial Crisis. So with that said, we (Democrats) didn't hate Bush as much as Republicans hate Obama although nothing he has done has truly affected any of our daily lives.

Now back to the orignal topic; I don't care about data given from any website, bureau, etc. From what I've seen with my own eyes, Democrats and Republicans are equally generous.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
An a$$hole who gives money to charity is still an $$hole, he's just an a$$hole who gives money to charity. Giving money to charity doesn't mean you a better person, especially if these "charities" are politically motivated.

Does giving money to the NRA count??

Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
That list looks almost identical to high teen pregnancy rates and low IQ rates and poverty rates.
Also, red states are consistent in picking the wrong person for President. They are the best in the nation at doing that.

If red states suddenly disappeared, this country would leap forward two centuries in terms of pure greateness, enlightenment, progression, and human potential for all. Diseases like Cancer and Alzheimer's would be a thing of the past. We'd be on Jupiter by now. Racial equality would be substantive and as accepted in this society as eating pizza.

Red states are more charitable? They're also more accepting of racial intolerance. Not good.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 809 times
I'm a democrat that actually voted for Obama, and now I can't stand him. So I'm voting Republican for the first time ever!! Obama is a moron, and a disgrace and huge embarassment to this country!And I'm not the only one that feels this way, thousands of others do too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies