Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:47 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times

Advertisements

This is outrageous!! This goes to show you how FAR left the Democrats have gone. Their hatred for the USA in incredible.

Those are probably the MoveOn.org, DailyKos, and Media Matter crowd.

Read for yourself:

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War

Thursday, October 04, 2007

By Dana Blanton
AP

Oct. 4: A U.S. soldier gives candy to an Iraqi boy in western Baghdad, Iraq.

NEW YORK — Nearly one out of every five Democrats thinks the world will be better off if America loses the war in Iraq, according to the FOX News Opinion Dynamics Poll released Thursday.

The percentage of Democrats (19 percent) who believe that is nearly four times the number of Republicans (5 percent) who gave the same answer. Seven percent of independents said the world would be better off if the U.S. lost the war.

Click here for results of the poll.(pdf): http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...prayer_web.pdf

Overall, 11 percent of Americans think the world would be "better off" if the U.S. lost the war, and 73 percent disagree.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 25 to Sept. 26. The poll has a 3-point margin of error.

Praying for Peace

Large majorities of Americans say they have said a prayer for soldiers serving in Iraq and for the war to end, while just over half say they have prayed for President Bush.

Most people — 87 percent — say they have said a prayer for the troops, and another 77 percent have prayed for the war in Iraq to end. A much smaller 54 percent majority of Americans say they have prayed for the president.

Among groups, Democrats (80 percent) and Republicans (76 percent) are about equally likely to say they have prayed for the war to end, and women (80 percent) are only slightly more likely than men (73 percent) to have done so.

Republicans (74 percent) are twice as likely as Democrats (37 percent) to have included the president in their prayers, while just over half (52 percent) of independents have prayed for Bush.

Appealing to a higher authority on behalf of the president does not appear to be influenced by gender, as about as many men (51 percent) as women (56 percent) say they have prayed for Bush.

"It’s interesting to see the parallel between overall voter sentiment toward the president and the relatively reduced likelihood to pray for him," says Ernest Paicopolos, principal of Opinion Dynamics. "It’s also striking to see a more than 30-point gap between prayer for the troops and prayer for the commander-in-chief of those same troops."

In general, more Republicans (64 percent) than Democrats (53 percent) and independents (48 percent) say they pray every day. Southerners (66 percent) are 20 percentage points more likely than those living in the Northeast (46 percent) to pray daily.

Overall, a 56 percent majority of Americans says they pray every day, including 64 percent of women and 47 percent of men.

Another 17 percent say they pray several times a week and 7 percent several times a month. Few Americans — 7

FOXNews.com - FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War - Polls | AP Polls | Gallup Poll | Opinion Polls

Oct. 4: A U.S. soldier gives candy to an Iraqi boy in western Baghdad, Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Default A bad day in the American Death Toll is a great day for these Democrats!

That one of 5 is in the Democrat Political Leadership. Democrat politicians want Bush to lose in Iraq to make themselves look good. Sadly, these Democrat Leaders are more concerned about their party than America itself.

They do not care that American kids are dying in this war. These Democrats (Far-Left) even want more to die. Disgracefully, to these Lefties, the more American kids who die, the worse Bush will look...

A bad day in the American Death Toll is a great day for these Democrats!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
That one of 5 is in the Democrat Political Leadership. Democrat politicians want Bush to lose in Iraq to make themselves look good. Sadly, these Democrat Leaders are more concerned about their party than America itself.

They do not care that American kids are dying in this war. These Democrats (Far-Left) even want more to die. Disgracefully, to these Lefties, the more American kids who die, the worse Bush will look...

Isn't that sad? People are happy when US troops die, all to further political ambitions..... It disgusts me.

I have a co-worker who always said that everytime they had reports of dead soldiers on the front page of Yahoo news, that Democrats in DC were all smiling.

But this polls shows something else: regular folks (not in the Dem leadership in DC) are happy that the US is losing soldiers and would be very happy if the USA lost in Iraq.

I think they want Iran to take over the whole region and then blame the GOP for it. >_<

Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
This is so vague, and why are prayers mixed into the survey??? Are these a bunch of random questions thrown together? Who were they asked to?

More importantly - it is not specified what "Lose in Iraq" means. If it means that we begin pulling out troops immediately, then I guess I'm one of those Democrats that wants the U.S. to lose. If it means that all of our troops are exterminated in Iraq, then no, I am definitely not pro-losing.

See how vague it is? What does it mean?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:30 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,122 times
Going to fox on what democrats think, is like asking NYT to give what republicans think. It's a rediculously bias story. However, there are those that want us to lose on both sides. Numbers inflated, imo, but still possible.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

Welcome to Bizarro World. Where Democrats (and many Republicans) that are trying to get our troops out of an Arab Civil War home to safety are being accused of wanting the troops killed.

Where Bush the Decider - who has let this go on now for 5 years, without providing them adequate armored vehicle protection the entire time they were over there (causing an estimated 1000 additional American deaths) - and who has allowed our wounded vets to rot without proper care once they get back, is praised as the good shepard leading the flock.

And oh by the way if Fox is tracking this, I pray for the troops and also pray for Bush's eternal soul.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 PM

520 posts, read 1,853,373 times
I think the US would be better off if we weren't in Iraq. Win, lose, or draw. This is going nowhere.

Support our troops. Bring them home.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:23 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Keen insights, jabogitiu, vague, probably incorrect, and so out of context.

I hear drums when I go to sleep these warm autumn evenings from the right hand of my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
This is so vague, and why are prayers mixed into the survey??? Are these a bunch of random questions thrown together? Who were they asked to?

More importantly - it is not specified what "Lose in Iraq" means. If it means that we begin pulling out troops immediately, then I guess I'm one of those Democrats that wants the U.S. to lose. If it means that all of our troops are exterminated in Iraq, then no, I am definitely not pro-losing.

See how vague it is? What does it mean?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
just out of curiousity: how do we win?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
I would say it's higher than 1 in 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies