Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times

Advertisements

^^^^^Hawkeye2009 does it again---nicely done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
You are factually incorrect, unemployment improved with the stimulus. A stimulus is nothing more than a push toward recovery, it's not a cure.
You must be an intellectual. Am I right?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
You're re-proving your ignorance with each post. Your reply is gibberish and not at all factual.

I laid out some basic economics and said the success of the stimulus was subjective. I guess I need to use smaller words.
You gave nothing but your opinion, and havent at all disputed anything I stated. Tell me again your qualifications and why you think you're more qualified than even Keynesian economists which say Obama didnt understand the policies he was pushing forward.

Furthermore, please explain to me how those who bought treasuries to finance the debt, was able to keep their money and spend it twice. I'd love to know how people can spend their money twice without any negative ramifications..

Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
100% wrong. One cannot accurately say what would have happened if the stimulus did not occur, or if it was doubled, because there are far too many variables to factor in.
You finally got one right, but one thing we do know, is YOU CANT SPEND THE SAME MONEY TWICE, something that would HAVE TO HAPPEN, in order for the stimulus to not remove money from the economy.

Again, WHERE DID THE MONEY COME FROM TO SPEND?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
You are factually incorrect, unemployment improved with the stimulus. A stimulus is nothing more than a push toward recovery, it's not a cure.
Yeah, at $250K per job, thats an improvement..

Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You must be an intellectual. Am I right?

I have no idea why that comment is topical, relevant or even an issue.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You finally got one right, but one thing we do know, is YOU CANT SPEND THE SAME MONEY TWICE, something that would HAVE TO HAPPEN, in order for the stimulus to not remove money from the economy.

Don't be silly... It came from the liberal money tree....

Old 08-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:

Debt and the US Treasury. China. Pick one.

You cannot claim with any certainty that x money invested HERE would have been spent dollar for dollar THERE. You directly refute your own "we cannot know what would have happened" argument.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah, at $250K per job, thats an improvement..
That is a subjective judgment.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Debt and the US Treasury. China. Pick one.
Debt, isnt created without removing money from the economy
US Treasury debt is sold, and thus removes money from the economy
China, buys those US Treasuries, and thus removes it from their economy.

Anyway you put it, it REMOVES MONEY FROM THE ECONOMY..
Quote:
You cannot claim with any certainty that x money invested HERE would have been spent dollar for dollar THERE. You directly refute your own "we cannot know what would have happened" argument.
What do you think they would have done with that money if not buying US debt? Even if they stuck it in the bank it would have been reloaned out to the economy, how the hell do you think banks earn a profit?
Quote:
That is a subjective judgment.
No, its a factual one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies