Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the GOP platform banning all abortions in all cases?
Yes 14 17.72%
No 64 81.01%
Not sure 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I haven't heard anything about this. Everything I've heard any Republican or conservative talking about lately is the economy.
Really? You haven't heard anything about abortion from any Republicans lately? That's amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,290 posts, read 15,262,527 times
Quote:
Um, its DNA makes it very human the second conception occurs.
So, this fingernail that I just bit off is a human?

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
The main difference is... republican candidates don't follow the GOP platform as diligently as the democrats follow theirs.
In other words, the GOP platform is conservative - pandering to their base as you said - but most GOP candidates are
moderate when it comes to social issues. Romney is a perfect example.

Which is why I am no loger a Republican. I've had enough of RINOs. To me the word "Conservative" means Constitutionally and fiscally. While I tend to agree with most socially conservative positions they do not necessarily pass Constitutional muster when it comes to the protection of individual liberty and therefore that power is not enumerated to the federal government; but rather, to the states and the individual.

When in doubt, err on the side of life, the foundation upon which liberty is built.

8,806 posts, read 6,092,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Do you really believe that the adoption agencies that exist in this country could handle an additional 1.5 million unwanted children each year? They can't handle the ones they have now.
*sigh* Please do some research before you spout off on this topic. Please link me to a site stating there are 1.5M children aborted each year due to rape. And please link me to a site stating adoption agencies are overloaded. Get a clue and then come back and talk to me about adoption.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:17 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,207,047 times
Quote:
*sigh* Please do some research before you spout off on this topic. Please link me to a site stating there are 1.5M children aborted each year due to rape. And please link me to a site stating adoption agencies are overloaded. Get a clue and then come back and talk to me about adoption.
It was an estimate based on what I read earlier in the day. For a fact check, here we go:

Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics

Quote:
In 2008, approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from an estimated 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S. (AGI).
As for adoptions:

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/adopted0708.pdf

Quote:
[LEFT][/LEFT]
[SIZE=3]In 2007 and 2008, approximately 136,000 children were adopted annually in the United States. [/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]This represents a 6-percent increase in adoptions since 2000 and a 15-percent increase since 1990 (Flango & Flango, 1995).
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
And you want to add over a million babies to that system each year? Who is going to pay for the 47,000 pregnant rape victims to bring their unwanted babies to term each year so they can be adopted out? Who is going to enforce laws to prevent illegal child trafficking and selling of so many more babies when law enforcement budgets are already being cut by the Republican house?

The long and short of it is that if the Republicans are going to hang their hat on the abortion issue going into the fall election, they've already lost the election.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,343,822 times

Social conservatives used to have a home in the Democratic party
[that's why the social conservative south used to be solidly Democrat]
until the Democrats became too liberal.

GOP candidates are abandoning social conservatives and are becoming
socially liberal as well [candidates don't reflect the conservative platform.]

I see this as a sign that soon there will not be any more elections.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,343,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Which is why I am no loger a Republican. I've had enough of RINOs. To me the word "Conservative" means Constitutionally and fiscally. While I tend to agree with most socially conservative positions they do not necessarily pass Constitutional muster when it comes to the protection of individual liberty and therefore that power is not enumerated to the federal government; but rather, to the states and the individual.

You and I are on entirely different wavelengths.

I am a social conservative because I love and obey God's commandments.

As for the ungodly US constitution, it can go to hell.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 PM

305 posts, read 653,321 times
Considering girls even younger than 10 have gotten pregnant and had those babies I cannot under any circumstance ever imagine any angle whatsoever where I would not only find such a law cruel and inhumane, but deeply unethical and immoral,too. To me it is akin to lawfully sanctioned childhood sexual abuse to force children to give birth, never-mind what I think about adults, but quite honestly this makes me nauseous.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,729,480 times
Quote:

So this means you won't be elected -- EVER -- for any political office in the United States?

EXCELLENT.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,207,047 times
Quote:

Wow, that's about as un-American and Taliban-like as I've heard in a long while. Congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies