Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, because businesses wont pass those costs onto the consumer, right? Who the hell are you trying to fool? I dont think even you are dumb enough to believe that
Businesses can avoid the costs by doing their part to avoid them. The thing is once again you still cannot show where any of them are direct taxes levied on the middle-class. Until you guys can do some simple math without assuming what outcome you want I will continue to say your claim is garden food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Businesses can avoid the costs by doing their part to avoid them. The thing is once again you still cannot show where any of them are direct taxes levied on the middle-class. Until you guys can do some simple math without assuming what outcome you want I will continue to say your claim is garden food.
You mean like firing employees so you can get below the limits? And of course there is no cost involved to legislate to avoid costs right? Who are you trying to kid? You cant believe the crap you are posting.. If people could just avoid the costs then it wouldnt be a $600B generator for the government, would it?

Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Passsing the costs on to the businesses clientele = avoiding the cost? Are you serious?

Anytime a business has to raise prices due to government taxes or regulation it is costly - they are bound to lose money because people stop patronizing them. Its like I said before - the liberals don't live in the real world - I am astonished that you would even make such a claim - because it has no bearing on reality.

Ask all the businesses who either went out of business or left the state of California because of high taxes and overregulation if they were "avoiding the costs" by being forced to pass the costs on to their customers in order to stay profitable.

Really, unbeleivable - I have to pinch myself sometimes to be sure that I'm living on planet Earth and come to terms that their are actually people who think like you do.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Yes but how is this tied to the middle class....? So you guys are tying this together because businesses are passing the costs on to consumers....

Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yes but how is this tied to the middle class....? So you guys are tying this together because businesses are passing the costs on to consumers....
The middle class doesnt consume? All we heard about was moaning and groaning during the whole healthcare debate because health insurance companies were passing costs onto eveyone, and hospitals were passing costs of the uninsured onto the insured, but now its ok to pass the cost along and pretend it desnt exist?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
You mean like firing employees so you can get below the limits? And of course there is no cost involved to legislate to avoid costs right? Who are you trying to kid? You cant believe the crap you are posting.. If people could just avoid the costs then it wouldnt be a $600B generator for the government, would it?
No, by offering health insurance benefits per the law. You always look at how businesses can get around the law instead of them simply following it. It costs to run a business, and if things like offering health benefits to those working for then is beyond their means then they might not actually be fully prepared to actually run a business. I heard the same thing when it is suggested increasing minimum wage by a few cents, no one is going out of business for doing so, yet some love to claim they do. Just a thought, you do know who pays today for those without insurance don't you, you should since you do in hgher insurance premiums and hosiptal costs.
Just a thought, while we are discusing Obamacare, if you do not like it what would you replace it with? We all know the current system fails when compared to other systems around the world per cost of care, so what is you answer, what would Romney put in instead, since after all this system is his idea.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
Democrats (99.9999999% of them anyway) just don't know anything about the correlation between taxes, regulations and the ability to run a business and make a profit.

Bernanke's 'target inflation rate' is another tax on the middle class.

And of course, ObamaCare has tax increases built into it, which Williams, Sawyer, & Pelley continue to deny and/or flat-out ignore.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
No, by offering health insurance benefits per the law. You always look at how businesses can get around the law instead of them simply following it. It costs to run a business, and if things like offering health benefits to those working for then is beyond their means then they might not actually be fully prepared to actually run a business. I heard the same thing when it is suggested increasing minimum wage by a few cents, no one is going out of business for doing so, yet some love to claim they do. Just a thought, you do know who pays today for those without insurance don't you, you should since you do in hgher insurance premiums and hosiptal costs.
Just a thought, while we are discusing Obamacare, if you do not like it what would you replace it with? We all know the current system fails when compared to other systems around the world per cost of care, so what is you answer, what would Romney put in instead, since after all this system is his idea.
So let me see if I get this straight, if businesses increase their costs, in order to comply with the law, you somehow believe this will reduce the costs.. What world are you living in? And while you're there, tell me how the bill raises $600B if there is no increased cost.. Tell me where where this money will come from and how it can be paid for without increasing costs... Do you live with Santa Clause?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
The middle class doesnt consume? All we heard about was moaning and groaning during the whole healthcare debate because health insurance companies were passing costs onto eveyone, and hospitals were passing costs of the uninsured onto the insured, but now its ok to pass the cost along and pretend it desnt exist?
So then this thread is misleading because everyone will be shouldering the costs...

Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So then this thread is misleading because everyone will be shouldering the costs...
Not really misleading, since the middle class will indeed be bearing the blunt of the cost. The poor will get credits, the rich will find ways around them.. The middle class doesnt really have that luxury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies