Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times

Advertisements

I consider people who protest at womans clinics right up there with the Westboro group. We as woman have right to healthcare and have a right NOT to be harrased while getting it.

A wonderful quote by Berry Goldwater:

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

Amazing how prescient he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 06:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
I have said repeatedly, if the anti choicers want to change a womans mind, offer to pay ALL related expenses of the pregnancy, make sure the woman will not lose her job due to time off, pay for any lost wages, adopt the child, and support the child until the age of majority.

Put your money, and life, where your mouth is. Give her a real option.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Picketers at clininics and Dr's offices have personal issues and too much time on their hands. Fact. Plus they are too lazy to any real work that could help someone who already exists.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
For those of you who wish to picket abortion clinics -

You will obviously have no objection to a group of pro-choicers legally picketing you.

In your home, or your workplace, or where you like to relax, or even your doctors office where your business is supposed to be PRIVATE?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have said repeatedly, if the anti choicers want to change a womans mind, offer to pay ALL related expenses of the pregnancy, make sure the woman will not lose her job due to time off, pay for any lost wages, adopt the child, and support the child until the age of majority.
But, but, but how would that punish the mother for having sex to begin with???

Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I consider people who protest at womans clinics right up there with the Westboro group. We as woman have right to healthcare and have a right NOT to be harrased while getting it.

A wonderful quote by Berry Goldwater:

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

Amazing how prescient he was.
The Republican Party has been hijacked for sure. The only people that can support these radical stances and agendas are extremists that otherwise would be shunned by society. This hijacking has given them a platform on which to espouse their Bible thumping, archaic and misogynistic views and agenda.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:09 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Republican Party has been hijacked for sure. The only people that can support these radical stances and agendas are extremists that otherwise would be shunned by society. This hijacking has given them a platform on which to espouse their Bible thumping, archaic and misogynistic views and agenda.
WWMPD? What Would Marguerite Perrin Do?

SPARTA Remix: SHE'S NOT A CHRISTIAN!! - YouTube

Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Ah, I still love the whole debate about abortions by people who can never have one (men) and people who have never been in the position where the decision to have one was needed...

Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
For those of you who wish to picket abortion clinics -

You will obviously have no objection to a group of pro-choicers legally picketing you.

In your home, or your workplace, or where you like to relax, or even your doctors office where your business is supposed to be PRIVATE?

I am not murdering babies in my home or workplace. If I was, I would fully expect my "privacy" to be interupted by the police, and rightly so. Abortion is murder.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've had to deal with protesters while getting my annual pap exam when I went through a period where I was uninsured due to a previously existing condition. 2% of all of Planned Parenthood's services are abortions. When you protest, you are likely to scare off some of the other 98% who are there for cancer screening, pelvic exams, birth control, reproductive health concerns, or might even be looking for resources about adoption and prenatal care.
I took my brothers ex girlfriend to her very first gyno appt at a PP a few years back. There were protesters there and she was scared enough as it is (contrary to popular belief, getting a cold, plastic/metal contraption stuck in your vagina and expanded while a qtip gets poked around internally ISN'T the party one would think it is!) and having random people yell 'BABY KILLER' and such at her wasn't exactly helping. Honestly, if it weren't for me she never would have gone at all and it's a woman's HEALTH issue to get yearly exams!

These people aren't helping anyone, they're doing nothing but try to guilt and shame women. While I absolutely believe in the 1st amendment and fully support these idiots protesting, they definitely are scaring women away from being in charge of their health. How is that being pro life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies