Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So true. So what, then is your opinion of withholding critical medication from a pregnant 16-year old Dominican girl stricken with cancer?
Why do you keep asking me a question about a story that I have not read? I'm not going to give an opinion based on your spin of the incident - I will get the facts and analyze them - like any intelligent newsreader should do.

If you want to talk about that - then start a thread - this thread is about protesting legally at an abortion clinic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
4. Pray quietly during your visit if you are protesting due to religious beliefs.

Read more: How to Protest Legally at an Abortion Clinic | eHow.com How to Protest Legally at an Abortion Clinic | eHow.com
One thing our republic most certainly needs is more prayer.

People should pray even if they aren't protesting due to religious beliefs - I never even heard of any religious based objections to abortion until this year - its pretty much a general moral issue to me.

Murder is wrong.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
One thing our republic most certainly needs is more prayer.

People should pray even if they aren't protesting due to religious beliefs - I never even heard of any religious based objections to abortion until this year - its pretty much a general moral issue to me.

Murder is wrong.
Haven't you heard how deeply passionate Catholics are against abortion?

But you can't pray away abortion any more than you can pray away being gay.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But you can't pray away abortion any more than you can pray away being gay.
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"
- Matthew 19:26

Old 08-23-2012, 01:28 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,135 times
Looks as if the the US is a small fish in a big ocean, if you look at it world-wide. Do the math. Looking globally, protesting abortion in the US is like protesting the smog in Los Angeles but doing it by marching around in Dubuque, IA.
How about the protestors go to the countries where it is the worst, and protest there? Bigger 'bang-for-the-buck'. Just leave next-of-kin information, and don't expect the US to come bail you out.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"
- Matthew 19:26
Quoting scripture makes your position less religion-based. "Oh, oh, for me this is strictly moral." Only everything that is immoral about abortion, is only immoral in patriarchal societies who draw their authority from religion. And use their authority to force women into second-class citizenship.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Quoting scripture makes your position less religion-based. "Oh, oh, for me this is strictly moral." Only everything that is immoral about abortion, is only immoral in patriarchal societies who draw their authority from religion. And use their authority to force women into second-class citizenship.
I only learned that there are Biblically based objections to abortion this year - and I have not yet taken the time to investigate them.

I was making the poiint that for many people - such as myself - religion plays no part in their objection to abortion - it is just wrong.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
I only learned that there are Biblically based objections to abortion this year - and I have not yet taken the time to investigate them.

I was making the poiint that for many people - such as myself - religion plays no part in their objection to abortion - it is just wrong.
Then don't get an abortion, or get a woman pregnant. THAT is your choice. THAT is the only choice YOU get to make regarding abortion.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then don't get an abortion, or get a woman pregnant. THAT is your choice. THAT is the only choice YOU get to make regarding abortion.
If you want to object to a serial killer running loose - then don't kill anyone or become a murder victim - but leave the serial killer alone. That is the only choice that YOU get to make.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
How to Protest Legally at an Abortion Clinic | eHow.com

Because abortion stops a beating heart - and peaceful protest is protected by the First Amendment.
Better still, you could stay home and quit worrying about things you cannot change...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies