Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Haha. Considering the source, I take that as a compliment.
You're welcome. I am reminded of the quote from whomever I can't remember:" Thank God for my enemies. I'd hate to have friends like that."

Last edited by Bideshi; 08-22-2012 at 01:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Most likely "we" (the people of CA) would vote overwhelmingly to keep Roe v Wade intact... so would you be able to accept that?
I would accept it in the sense that I would acknowledge it as state law. I certainly would not agree with the law - and I would actively seek to change it.

That is exactly my stance on gay marriage laws - also.

I support states rights - and support the federal government only exercizing the powers it is limited to as enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

The tenth amendment makes it clear that the federal government should stay out of abortion and gay marriage issues - which is why I opposed DOMA and oppose Roe v Wade.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL! That's sure telling off Harrier.
I understand that the OP acts like a petulant child, but telling off wasn't my intention.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:32 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You're welcome. I am reminded of the quote from whoever I can't remember:" Thank God for my enemies. I'd hate to have friends like that."
I have no real enemies, as I actually practice what I preach in terms of liberty, tolerance, and choice.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I understand that the OP acts like a petulant child, but telling off wasn't my intention.
I don't need a haircut either.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't need a haircut either.
Oh, you won't like it either. Your choice and rights over your own body will be removed. But apparently you're fine with other people making decisions for others...

Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
But apparently you're fine with other people making decisions for others...
No - that would be you - since you support a person making a decison for another person whether they can live or not.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - that would be you - since you support a person making a decison for another person whether they can live or not.
Yep... that is called giving other women the CHOICE, and allowing them to make that decision for themselves. Get it now? We're not making a choice for anyone else, but completely and totally putting that into their hands alone - which is something you are clearly not capable of doing.

P.S. I won't even discuss the fact that a fetus (esp in the stage where abortion is legal) isn't a "person," since we've already covered that in the 5,000 other abortion threads.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Yep... that is called giving other women the CHOICE, and allowing them to make that decision for themselves. Get it now? We're not making a choice for anyone else, but completely and totally putting that into their hands alone - which is something you are clearly not capable of doing.

P.S. I won't even discuss the fact that a fetus (esp in the stage where abortion is legal) isn't a "person," since we've already covered that in the 5,000 other abortion threads.
You've covered it but it's still not true. Abortion is murder. A woman that chooses to murder her child is a murderer.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You've covered it but it's still not true. Abortion is murder. A woman that chooses to murder her child is a murderer.
Can you prove that in court? Nope, didn't think so.

Since I've often heard that liberals argue with their hearts, while conservatives argue with their brains - why do you all insist on using emotional lines like "abortion is murder" or the tired old "abortion stops a beating heart," while ignoring the facts? Fact, murder is defined as follows:

1. Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

So spare us the catch-phrases, and try explaining scientifically how a first-trimester fetus is capable of life outside the womb... then maybe we can talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies