Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am just curious what our Dem posters will do if they should lose the Senate, lose seats in the house and lose the oval office. Just a what if. Would you re-evaluate where you stand with the american electorate? Would you move to Canada? What exactly would you do?
Is this question for real? Politics is just politics---you win some, you lose some but we always go back to fighting for what we believe in. I've been following politics since Eisenhower and I haven't been tempted to move to Canada yet. One of the great things about America is our peaceful transfer of power every 4 or 8 years. We need the yin and yang of the political world to keep us from falling pry to the extremists. It's what our Founding Fathers wanted for us when they set up our system of government. When we can't fight about the things we care about any longer THEN I'll start thinking about moving to Canada. In the meantime, what we are going through now isn't that much different than in the past. There have always been mud slinging and corruption and good people trying to fight for what THEY think is right for the country. We just have the internet now to spread the crap quicker and farther.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 08-22-2012 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

What did the Repubs do when The Executive and Legislative branches had the Democrat majority? Run for the border?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Six of one, half dozen of the other so it really doesn't matter a bit.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
But would you re-examine your political stance on some issues in order to achive a better outcome in the future?
The election of Romney would secure a better outcome in the future.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
If they lose it all they will only have to wait. The pendulim always swings.
It swings because the winning party quickly forgets why they were elected and gets right to work on their own wish list instead of working on what people elected them to do.
After that , the pendulum will swing back come the next election.
Saw it here in NH during the 2010 midterms. Voters took away the power after it was abused.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,504 times
I am leaving the country and going to Tj Mexico Wait I'm going there on thursday after the election even if President Obama wins.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Although I am registered Democrat, I really don't think there is much difference between the two parties.

This is the one and only thing I can agree with the Ron Paul supporters.

Both parties are heavily influenced and indebted to huge international corporations.

What will I do about it? Have a good laugh about crazy politicians freely spending hundreds of millions of dollars for some temporary elected seat, only to find out that the real power lies with big business, special interest lobby groups, and financial institutions.

And then, before you know it, elections in 2014 and 2016 will be here. The pendulum always swings back and forth.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
I am just curious what our Dem posters will do if they should lose the Senate, lose seats in the house and lose the oval office. Just a what if. Would you re-evaluate where you stand with the american electorate? Would you move to Canada? What exactly would you do?
I have no idea, but I can tell you what we won't do and wouldn't even think of doing. We wouldn't go grabbing our guns for a "second amendment solution". See those of us on the left have this quaint idea that in elections the people speak no matter what side wins

Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 PM

What I would do but I can't, filibuster. Filibuster everything proposed by the Senate Republicans. Also, (well this I can do) anytime any stupid cons starts yammering and yapping this bull**** about how "the people have spoken" (bull**** because the cons think it only applies when Republicans win) bitchslap them royally by bringing up the fact that the people spoke in 2006 and again in 2008 and the rightwing didn't think it mattered then

Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
but would you re-examine your political stance on some issues in order to achive a better outcome in the future?
no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies