Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Again, this has nothing to do with the ATF agent working one job after retiring another. Please stop deflecting from the thread topic! This BATFE agent is being paid full time (not retirement) on extended leave to work the private sector.
I'm not deflecting. Is he on vacation time? It is possible to save up years of vacation and personal leave days. Like my friend did. Two years worth. If the BATFA allows, he is within his right to take his vacation all at once and do whatever he wants.

Did he take a leave of absence to work another job? You are correct if this is so. His boss needs firing, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm not deflecting. Is he on vacation time? It is possible to save up years of vacation and personal leave days. Like my friend did. Two years worth. If the BATFA allows, he is within his right to take his vacation all at once and do whatever he wants.

Did he take a leave of absence to work another job? You are correct if this is so. His boss needs firing, too.
No he is on a near to punishment layoff and getting full pay while also being allowed to work elsewhere. Double dipping..... The BATFE is trying t buy him time to collect his Govt pension, which he can't if he get canned the hard way, which he should be. And then go to work for anyone willing to hire basic barrel scum.

Me i want all the BATFE to burn in flames for selling guns to the drug cartels in mexico and try to blame it all on ma and pa gun shops.

There is nothing in the CONS to even need a BATFE in the first place the whole thing is anti CONS and always has been since day!

And this is just one BATFE Crook getting away with double dipping Murder. and Yes his Boss needs firing too, that's Obama

Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,112 times
Paid leave? Who is the theif that devised this whole idea.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
I'm not deflecting. Is he on vacation time? It is possible to save up years of vacation and personal leave days. Like my friend did. Two years worth. If the BATFA allows, he is within his right to take his vacation all at once and do whatever he wants........ .
Wow!

Clue: Please read the actual article from the OP or watch the linked video before commenting.

This was not vacation time, not personal days. This was paid leave from BATFE, 4-5 months worth while not only paying his full time salary but also adding to his BATFE pension.

ATF official also holding private-sector job, Congress members say - The Washington Post

Quote:
The lawmakers said the ATF apparently approved allowing McMahon to remain on paid leave for four or five months while working for the investment bank in order to reach retirement eligibility.

“ATF has essentially facilitated McMahon’s early retirement and ability to double dip for nearly half a year by receiving two full-time paychecks — one from the taxpayer and one from the private sector,” Issa and Grassley wrote.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
I think this is common in government work. I know it is in the military. Retire and go to work for the private contractor who was running the department for the military.

A friend who was a school teacher had 2 years worth of vacation and sick days. He did not work but collected 2 years salary before retiring. In private, DH could only carry over 2 weeks vacation, no personal days. It was use it or lose it.
I'm sure it is fairly common at all levels, nooks, and crannies of gov't. There was a story about a WSU 'green jobs' guy in a local paper about two yrs ago. He retired from his job as 'green energy' director at WSU, started collecting his pension, and was rehired to the same job after 1 month of 'retirement.' He was drawing 2 gov't salaries AND 2 gov't pensions, all at once. Only reason it came out was that the guy decided to run for the Washington state legislature. No doubt it is the tip of the iceberg.

Candidate Jake Fey draws retirement and pay from job at WSU | Government / Politics - The News Tribune

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma news-tribune
Jake Fey’s annual compensation

$20,595 Pension from Washington State.
$48,534 Pension from Tacoma.
$135,799 2009 salary as director of Washington State
University Energy Program.
$41,947 Salary as Tacoma City Council member.
So next time your taxes are raised, remember that the money goes to help, as Pres. Obama might put it, "the wealthiest of Americans," i.e. people like Jake Fey.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
ATF official also holding private-sector job, Congress members say - The Washington Post

Just think, if this is the stuff that actually came out, how bad is the stuff that Obama/Holder are trying to keep sealed? Corruption
Its not just Obama and Holder, the ATF is a stupid police agency all together.

There should be no federal police force.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

A good point.

People forget that only 100 years ago we had no FBI, ATF, DEA, etc. I think there were US Marshalls but I'm not sure. When the FBI was created (around 1920) there were grave reservations in Congress about a federal police force. At first the FBI were not even allowed to carry guns; they were supposed to enlist the help of local police if they needed to make an arrest.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:18 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
The governor of my state qualified for a retirement pension due to his years of service. He gets it as well as his salary for being governor. The rules permit it.

My point is although most reasonable people think this is ATF guy is outrageous, we allowed some fool to write these rules. I don't think any boss would risk his own pension to get some guy a few months so he can qualify for his own. If he is breaking the rules or the law it is the job of Congress to monitor this stuff.

We can **** and moan about this case all we want, but until congress changes the employment rules or runs a few folks off, this stuff will continue to happen. The need to fire the guy who signed off on it and write some new employment rules. Same as everybody getting upset about FLOTUSA trips. Tell her she gets x a year. That will stop this xxxx.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The governor of my state qualified for a retirement pension due to his years of service. He gets it as well as his salary for being governor. The rules permit it.

My point is although most reasonable people think this is ATF guy is outrageous, we allowed some fool to write these rules. I don't think any boss would risk his own pension to get some guy a few months so he can qualify for his own. If he is breaking the rules or the law it is the job of Congress to monitor this stuff.

We can **** and moan about this case all we want, but until congress changes the employment rules or runs a few folks off, this stuff will continue to happen. The need to fire the guy who signed off on it and write some new employment rules. Same as everybody getting upset about FLOTUSA trips. Tell her she gets x a year. That will stop this xxxx.
We could also shrink government down to a size such that it can be drowned in a bathtub. No massive bureaucracies, no (or at least few) double dippers. Problem solved.

The BATF is a perfect example. Why do we need federal employees to hand out guns to drug gangs? Eliminate the BATF, and we have eliminated any BATF double dippers.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Worse still there are more than one federal police forces. ATF, FBI, US Marshal, Secret Service, IRS, and the NSA. There are more still. OH yeah lets name a couple more. Border patrol,I guess they are part of DHS. FAA, FCC,DEA, EPA I could just about fill a page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies