Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Don, you have NEVER actually participated in real adult discussion on these topics. You outright dismiss strong evidence that contradicts your position, while insulting the person providing it. That is NOT "participating in real adult discussion." That is acting like a child. It's akin to covering your ears and yelling, "Nyah nyah nyah I can't hear you!!!"

But I thank you for that. It's remarkably entertaining.
I think I just found another candidate for the ignore list.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
You should just start a blog and turn comments off. That is pretty much what you are doing.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:11 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
I think CD should have a "Conspiracy Theories" forum. It could be a subset of the "Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal" forum. It'd fit right in and keep the theorists out of the POC forum where people value discussion, reason and logic.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:25 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
The persistence of this "theory" has me willing to consider that a substantial segment of the population is in fact being dusted with stupid spray.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
D9 - it was a serious question. I would appreciate a serious answer. Where are the plans for the cloud buster? All Wiki has is some pictures. What type of energy are they collecting or projecting; acoustic, electromagnetic, gravitomagnetic. What principals are they based on?
As I stated several times now, this thread is about the documentary. Your questions are not in reference to the documentary and they are not genuine... Look up the answers yourself ans start your own thread.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You should just start a blog and turn comments off. That is pretty much what you are doing.
Why? ... because I won't let you or your yahoo cohorts spam the thread in a lame attempt to derail it. Life sucks sometimes

Old 08-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I think CD should have a "Conspiracy Theories" forum. It could be a subset of the "Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal" forum. It'd fit right in and keep the theorists out of the POC forum where people value discussion, reason and logic.
The name of this forum is Politics and other controversies ...

So if you can't spin the conversation you want to pick up your ball and go home?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:17 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Why not just have gov't agents moderate the forum and approve of the topics - it'd probably look about the same as it does now, but at least we could quit pretending that we have free speech and open discussions. You could just delete any posts you don't like or approve of - the key to happiness for lefties.
Moving a controversial topic won't keep it from being controversial.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
They aren't real. No sense in wasting your time and energy with these shills. Just post your findings, they speak for themselves.
Yes, of course, we all know that aircraft can cruise at altitudes of 30 miles or higher, because Don "the aviation expert" 9 said so, so it must be true in spite of the fact it is not true.

And the books and peer-reviewed scientific journals which all prove that the presence of aluminum and other metals in the atmosphere is perfectly normal, and that those metals were present in the atmosphere before airplanes started flying, and that some of the journal articles were written in the early 1900s don't really exist -- they're just figments of people's imaginations.

So the quack masquerading as a scientist in the video is right, and the whole world is wrong.

Got it.

Weeping for the Future...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Solar-radiation management (SRM) would involve releasing megatonnes of light-scattering aerosol particles in the upper atmosphere to reduce Earth’s absorption of solar energy, thereby cooling the planet. Another technique would be to release particles of sea salt to make low-altitude clouds reflect more solar energy back into space.
More fantasizing.

I have already proven beyond any reasonable doubt that it is presently impossible to release "megatonnes of light-scattering aerosol particles" in the upper atmosphere.

There are no aircraft on Planet Earth capable of operating above the Troposhere -- about 11 miles or 60,000 feet.

The idea of releasing "particles of sea salt to make low-altitude clouds reflect more solar energy" is equally preposterous. However, that does not involve the use of aircraft. The mechanisms to put sea-salt spray in the atmosphere are all land-based/sea-based, and do not rely on aircraft.

Quote:
The only think I have asked is for people to watch the documentary and to limit discussions to the documentary. BTW, you said you would watch the documentary so did you?

Again, I don't need to prove anything, it's not about me, the documentary stands on it's own merits.
But it doesn't. Numerous people have provided evidence that many of the documentaries claims are blatantly false, for example the claim that there should be no Aluminum particles in the atmosphere has been debunked by several postors using different sources....

....so far, the silence from you is deafening.

The fact that you cannot or will not provide evidence to contradict our evidence speaks volumes, and proves this is all nonsense.

Scientifically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You watch far too much TV.

What branch did you serve in again?
It would appear he served in the TV branch: 7th Home Entertainment Division (Rearward), 1st Comedy Battalion, BS (Bravo Sitcom) Company, Couch Potato Platoon, Special Television Squad watching re-runs of Combat!, Rat Patrol, I Dream of Jeannie, Hogan's Heroes, McHale's Navy, CPO Sharkey and Get Smart!

Speculating...

Mircea

Old 08-28-2012, 02:31 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
The name of this forum is Politics and other controversies ...

So if you can't spin the conversation you want to pick up your ball and go home?
People have repeatedly debunked the video. You continue to do 2 things: either put them on ignore or refuse to respond to their posts and point them back to the BS in the video. Since you refuse to debate the facts or offer any discussion, this thread doesn't belong in a forum that values debate and discussion. It belongs in a forum where people agree with each other over things as nonsensical as the video you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies