Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which President Radically Changed America More?
Abraham Lincoln 31 33.33%
Theodore Roosevelt 5 5.38%
Franklin Roosevelt 33 35.48%
Lyndon Johnson 7 7.53%
Richard Nixon 1 1.08%
Barak Obama 16 17.20%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

which of course would include, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosvelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson and believe it or not, Richard Nixon. So, if you believe that Obama is attempting to radically change American society in comparison the transformative administrations previously listed, here's your chance to support your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Any questions about Obama and his plans for America can be answered by reading or listening to him narrate his DREAMS FROM MY FATHER. Hitler laid out his plans in MEIN KAMPF but very few paid any attention to what he was saying. The pattern is repeating with Obama. Check it out from any library before November 2012.
GL2

Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Any questions about Obama and his plans for America can be answered by reading or listening to him narrate his DREAMS FROM MY FATHER. Hitler laid out his plans in MEIN KAMPF but very few paid any attention to what he was saying. The pattern is repeating with Obama. Check it out from any library before November 2012.
GL2
Well I'll give you this, you have evoked Reductio ad Hitlerum much faster than even Godwin would have predicted.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
Honestly, I don't see many differences. Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush, Obama administrations were fairly consistent in their policies. 100% consistency in Foreign policy is absolutely JAW-DROPPING, "globalization", neo Imperialism, astronomical military budgets and global military reach, making world safe for the transnational investments etc. are non negotiable, republicans or democrats. In domestic policy, Carter kicked off the era of dismantling feeble "edifice" of social democracy in the USA (a fluke bastard child of Great Depression and WWII), every president ever since worked tirelessly to promote different aspects of a Banana Republic vision for America.

Nothing personal, but if somebody starts another rant about evil radical Obama destroying and reshaping America I suspect strong talk radio toxicosis of some kind.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
GL2
Did you really just compare Obama to Hitler? Wow. I guess I should have seen that one coming based on your s/n.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM

The most "radical" thing Obama administration did is concocting a weird health care scheme that would transfer trillions of taxpayer$ dollars to the private health care concerns in exchange for dubious extension of health care coverage. That what makes a "Marxist" in America today. Pathetic, isn't it? "Marxist" Obama didn't have balls (vision and desire) to replicate much cheaper socialized health care schemes that the rest of the industrialized world enjoys, that would undermine Banana Republic project for America. Consistency, see my post above. Transfer of public funds to the (already obscenely rich) private hands is as American as apple pie.

Luckily it doesn't take much effort for prepaid talk radio clowns to convince eager audience that the sky is falling due to the "radical" in White House. I don't really think that this media clown fest is because of Obama personally. It's just as official American politics reminds me more and more single party politics of USSR (soviets did have elections) because of the ideological convergence of Republicans and Democrats. As official parties become more and more indistinguishable it takes more and more of media hoopla to convince plebians that their participation in the power legitimation circus matters. It takes more and more PR efforts to blow up fairly insignificant differences between Democrats and Republicans (or Romney or Obama) to a battle of good and evil of cosmic proportions.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
What am I missing? Sure there is the health care bill. What else is that far outside of the typical Washington status quo? Honestly, the health care bill isn't even what he wanted. It is a sellout to the GOP based on Romney's health reforms when Gov of MA, by giving the money to private corporations instead of running a single payer system. Of course, that won't stop Romney from blasting it.

Besides, even those who oppose the Health Care Reform will admit that major changes are needed in the health care system. They just don't agree that the current reform is making the best changes.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:13 PM

The most radical president in the US history is Abraham Lincoln for the obvious reason. Democracy (including phoney democracy of today) is good only for settling fairly insignificant differences within society and that is why it works . If something that really matters is at stake, no way, now how people would settle that issue in the voting booths, it doesn't work that way. Abraham Lincoln opened Absolute State chapter of American history, odd southern ideas about state being a secondary thing to obey, protect and worship were defeated on the battle field. Lincoln made Second Corporate Revolution of the late 19th century possible (that was more radical revolution than the first one), Lincoln (in the long run) made Global American Empire possible .

Comparing "radical" Obama to Lincoln is beyond ridiculous.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 PM

609 posts, read 2,243,830 times
Don't you think what Bush did was more radical in that he started so many wars and we are yet to uncover the "weapons of mass destruction".

Don't let the propaganda cloud your ability to think independently.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
I'll avoid commenting on the ambiguous phrase, "radically attempting to change America". However, Obama is certainly the least progressive of the six presidents you've listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies