Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And one certainly wouldn't suggest that nuns aren't Christian.
I would suggest that Catholics such as Nancy Pelosi are not Christians.

When Liberals call themselves Christians and at the same time kill babies, they are only putting their God second.

Not buying the Christian In Name Only crap from Democrats.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:19 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Merely uninformed?

That's very generous of you, rayne.
I'm trying to be, actually. Sort of self-censoring...but also trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have my moments.

Quote:
I think the assertion that the left doesn't believe in hell is an assertion that no one on the left is a Christian. And that, in the case of this poster, is clearly a slam.

There are many, many liberals who are Christian. I suspect that many of those nuns currently embattled with the Pope over their roles are liberals. And one certainly wouldn't suggest that nuns aren't Christian.
Yes, it was definitely a religiously-based insinuation. But again, there is nothing they won't harp on to perpetuate the "us vs. them" theme.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

When Liberals call themselves Christians and at the same time kill babies, they are only putting their God second.

It sounds like you live in a world where there aren't any Christians at all.

Because if Christians have to believe this and believe that, and do this and do that, eventually no one comes up to snuff.

Exclusivity is not a Christian value. Christ would shake his head at you.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

Well what on earth do you do when confronted with a Pro-Choice, Christian Republican?

Your head must positively explode.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Her 'rhetoric'? Please tell me what, specifically, you found over-the-top.
I find that condemning women just because they happen to not agree with your pet cause is over the top.

Rape is horrible - but saying that one should go to hell just because they think that classifying it officially as a war crime would be mere symbolism is rather an extreme position, IMO.

Besides - i don't think that their were many detractors in the first place.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I find that condemning women just because they happen to not agree with your pet cause is over the top.
I think characterizing the defense of women around the world from brutal rape, mutilation, starvation and death as a "pet cause" is over the top.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Show me where Pelosi, or any other Democrat, has said they are in favor of killing babies.
She is "pro-choice" right? That means she thinks that people should have the right to choose to kill a baby.

Those who don't think that killing babies should be encouraged are known as being pro-life.

Why anyone wouldn't want to be pro-life is beyond me.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You literalists will be the death of us all...

Saying "special place in hell" is a statement of admonishment and exasperation, not actually condemning women to hell.

Or can you not tell the difference?

Old 08-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
You literalists will be the death of us all...

Saying "special place in hell" is a statement of admonishment and exasperation, not actually condemning women to hell.

Or can you not tell the difference?
Couldn't she have just said something like - "I think that we should do all that we can to assist the victims of rape and I hope that I have your support"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies