Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What are you saying?? Suffer from what the lack of junk food that her and her husband enjoy while preaching to the rest of us?? Sometimes bad habits that need to be broken start in your own house first.
Why do you think she is preaching to anyone? I'm sure you do exactly what she does minus anyone who listens. That's the only difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 10:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why do you think she is preaching to anyone? I'm sure you do exactly what she does minus anyone who listens. That's the only difference.
If I was telling others to stay away from junk food I wouldn't be seen many times doing what I asked others to not do. I'm not the one out their telling restaurants to stop adding salt, then going and eating burgers and fries at a fast food restaurant.

The government doesn't need to tell me to watch my weight and don't eat unhealthy, I had a mother who taught me. Besides it's only brain work to see when one is getting fat to get up and move and don't eat unhealthy foods. Do you really need the First Lady telling you how to lose weight...I'd rather she be promoting cheaper foods in the market so we could all afford vegetables and healthy meat. Do you know what it cost to grow a garden, the space needed, the time to care for it?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLz. I love it when people give unrealistic expectations to other people then look down at them for it.
So Physicians are wrong and Michelle Obama is right...........your on a roll tonight!! By the way your pic/post has nothing to do with hate, has everything to do with I know how to take care of myself if you need nanny government your in a world of hurt.

Last edited by wildflower82; 08-23-2012 at 10:21 PM..

Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
She is the first lady, she doesn't set policy. How can anyone slam her for championing good nutrition?
Great comment Magnolia. For a lot of these people who take jabs at the First Lady they are just bitter and looking for anything negative to say about her.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Was there this much disdain for Laura Bush or do the anti Obama folks just keeping lowering the bar?
Exactly.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
If I was telling others to stay away from junk food I wouldn't be seen many times doing what I asked others to not do. I'm not the one out their telling restaurants to stop adding salt, then going and eating burgers and fries at a fast food restaurant.

The government doesn't need to tell me to watch my weight and don't eat unhealthy, I had a mother who taught me. Besides it's only brain work to see when one is getting fat to get up and move and don't eat unhealthy foods. Do you really need the First Lady telling you how to lose weight...I'd rather she be promoting cheaper foods in the market so we could all afford vegetables and healthy meat. Do you know what it cost to grow a garden, the space needed, the time to care for it?
She isn't and hasn't "told you" to do anything. Your interpretation of "talking good sense" is warped. You know eating too many sweets are bad for you and you would tell anyone it was and you'd be right, but you might still get that Death By Chocolate dessert you see on the menu sometimes and it doesn't make you a horrible person. And you can't deny that we as a country have some friggin bad food habits that are encouraged by advertising $$ so what's the problem with someone talking good sense?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM

I see this is another thread where people expect Michelle Obama to never be seen eating a high-fat, high-calorie or high-sugar item just because she encourages others to not over-indulge in those things. Earth-to-some of you, just because she eats a "treat" every once and a while doesn't mean she isn't in the position to promote a healthy diet.

It shows how immature and closed-minded some of you are to think that the wife of the President wouldn't take part in an effort to thin our waistlines. Also, common sense would tell you that Michelle Obama does live a healthy lifestyle. There tends to be a correlation of health, physical activity and people who are in her position. She has the resources (dietician, fitness area, and busy schedule) that promotes a healthy lifestyle. Do you all actually think she just sits in the White House and eats ding-dongs and pizza all day? No, but I know she does enjoy a donut, slice of pepperoni pizza or a glass of soda when she feels it is OK to.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,098,568 times
Quote:
So Physicians are wrong and Michelle Obama is right...........your on a roll tonight!! By the way your pic/post has nothing to do with hate, has everything to do with I know how to take care of myself if you need nanny government your in a world of hurt.
Oh yes let's simplify it that much. In real life I doubt you'll find many physicians who feel a diet can be practiced 100%.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
She isn't and hasn't "told you" to do anything. Your interpretation of "talking good sense" is warped. You know eating too many sweets are bad for you and you would tell anyone it was and you'd be right, but you might still get that Death By Chocolate dessert you see on the menu sometimes and it doesn't make you a horrible person. And you can't deny that we as a country have some friggin bad food habits that are encouraged by advertising $$ so what's the problem with someone talking good sense?
Then why have doctors had to ask them to not have pics of them eating fatty foods, you'd think when they know pics will be taken they'd eat subway or not ice cream and fast food restaurants. I don't care what they eat, she can't ask others to stay away from fries and then eat them in public herself. Or scold the Olympian for splurging at McDonald's even if it was some what of a joke, like the girl needed to diet.

What don't you get, she can't say eat healthy and then go out in public eating where she says we shouldn't eat. It's like sitting in front of your child saying, "your fat you can't have an ice cream cone" while you have an ice cream cone in your hand and want them to eat veggies.

Don't you think parents ought to tell their children and adults ought to know better? People need to take control of their not wait for the First Lady to tell you what to do. Why isn't she promoting more PE in school since this program has pretty much be done away with, no coke/snack machines??

Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Oh yes let's simplify it that much. In real life I doubt you'll find many physicians who feel a diet can be practiced 100%.
Why not........isn't diet and exercise a part of life or just complaining and needing someone to hold your hand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies