Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 PM

436 posts, read 755,799 times

Advertisements

Hate to break this to you, but da guberment is going broke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
1) Social Security didn't exist until 1935. How did the nation manage without it for 159 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yes, it was know as the depression. People were starving.
There was a depression for 159 years? You really need to work on your math and history skills

Or maybe, your reading skills. You really have to read the whole sentence.

I don't understand why you can't answer one easy question.
DO YOU THINK THESE PROGRAMS IN THEIR CURRENT INCARNATION ARE SUSTAINABLE?
IF YOU HAVE TO, SPECULATE, PLEASE DO SO?
YES or NO?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:13 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Thumb View Post
As someone who is not a native-English speaker, and learning English as his third language, I am having trouble understanding your statements. What the hell is da guberment?
da guberment is the proper pronunciation of the Federal Government of the United States which is best described in the Epithet of a slow witted moron, gimp who is on the leach of Mistress Financier who savagely beats him and denies him sex.

Quote:
I understand that government spending would be harmless, if they spent it wisely activating idle resources. The problem is they do not. They pee it away. You have never worked for the government have you? And that is the problem. And I am not against a credit monetary system.
So did the banks. So now what?

Quote:
What the? It isn't. But according to your logic, all of this is sustainable, right? Debt does not matter.
The national debt isn't the main problem. It is a sponge of wealth preservation for the wealthy who can buy future taxing rights true, but the private credit squeeze, asset bloating, da guberment and big business collusion, rent seeking, money monopoly crap is a tad worse. So is ZIRP BTW.

With all the screaming about dollar devaluations the question I have asked, probably around a 100 times this year, is if this is so important why zero interest rate policy? Does anyone here think that deficts are weaking the currency more than dollar carry trade an zero interest rates? I also continue to point out that the 27 trillion bubble baked da guberment debt into the cake. It cannot be avoided with assets in negative equity and wage stagnation. How do you have balanced budgets, mortgage, deleveraging and no depression? How? Someone tell me.

Quote:
Still can't answer the easy question I see. Speculate. Go ahead.
What question? How big can the Fed balance sheet get? To infinity.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Hate to break this to you, but da guberment is going broke.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
There was a depression for 159 years? You really need to work on your math and history skills
Kids and free land. Hows that? Got a plan to replace home on the range and 10 strapping boys? Ever look at British capitalism in the 19th century when 12 year olds worked 16 hours and died in their 30s?. That occurred in Britain because they had landed gentry kinda like we are getting. It will be a Dickens's history pal. Lets see a nostalgia for that.

Quote:
Or maybe, your reading skills. You really have to read the whole sentence.

I don't understand why you can't answer one easy question.
DO YOU THINK THESE PROGRAMS IN THEIR CURRENT INCARNATION ARE SUSTAINABLE?
IF YOU HAVE TO, SPECULATE, PLEASE DO SO?
YES or NO?
What programs? The M1A1 Abrams Harvester? The Rent seeker country club and FIRE monopoly? The sleep and own minerals made by god program? The Afghanistan pipe line protection program. The I planted my flag first on this coast line plan? The sugar protection cartel program? The ADM and Cargill cartel care project? The subsidized corn slurry? The concerned for millionaires in the West and under market price water society? Pray to the cooperate lobbyist drive?

you gotta be specific.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
da guberment is the proper pronunciation of the Federal Government of the United States which is best described in the Epithet of a slow witted moron, gimp who is on the leach of Mistress Financier who savagely beats him and denies him sex.
Sorry, I've only been learning English for the last decade (and still learning). I have never heard the government referred to as "da guberment".

Quote:
So did the banks. So now what?
Maybe we create budgets so they don't pee the money away. Usually if you create a budget, it helps stop the urination. You really haven't worked in government, have you.

Quote:
The national debt isn't the main problem. It is a sponge of wealth preservation for the wealthy who can buy future taxing rights true, but the private credit squeeze, asset bloating, da guberment and big business collusion, rent seeking, money monopoly crap is a tad worse. So is ZIRP BTW.
Funny how you use, "The national debt isn't the main problem". Why don't you just admit that it is A problem. Ok, there are a lot of other **** that is broken. We get that.

Quote:
Does anyone here think that deficts are weaking the currency more than dollar carry trade an zero interest rates? I also continue to point out that the 27 trillion bubble baked da guberment debt into the cake. It cannot be avoided with assets in negative equity and wage stagnation. How do you have balanced budgets, mortgage, deleveraging and no depression? How? Someone tell me.
YOU CANNOT! NO ONE IS ARGUING THIS!
That doesn't mean we should not be concerned with debt. That doesn't mean we should not be concerned with government peeing money away.
I give up.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I've only been learning English for the last decade (and still learning). I have never heard the government referred to as "da guberment".

Maybe we create budgets so they don't pee the money away. Usually if you create a budget, it helps stop the urination. You really haven't worked in government, have you.

Funny how you use, "The national debt isn't the main problem". Why don't you just admit that it is A problem. Ok, there are a lot of other **** that is broken. We get that.

YOU CANNOT! NO ONE IS ARGUING THIS!
That doesn't mean we should not be concerned with debt. That doesn't mean we should not be concerned with government peeing money away.
I give up.

Did you read the part about government debt being the new specie of the money supply? Do you understand that without a national debt all money would exist being borrowed from a bank(even this is false at the extreme)?

You cannot possibly understand any economic concepts until you understand that debt = money. Credit money, like we have, is purchasing things with someone's debt. The only way to pay down the national debt is for you and I to borrow money from a bank, at interest, and pay it down. That sound good to you? Lets all go to the bank and get into hock? To pay down bank credit the only way to do it is with da guberment debt. There is no other way. If da guberment does not increase debt, we cannot reduce private debt.

However even this is false since bank credit is recirculated government obligations. Bank credit cannot exist with out da guberment debt because that is what it is loaning out. Its the new gold coin. The real news you missed is we defaulted already in 1971.

I am for small government and private enterprise so you should ask yourself a very serious question. Why would someone like me, nothing like the typical bleeding heart liberal, be against paying off the national debt(besides being mathematically impossible)? You really have to wonder wouldn't you?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:55 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
All the money the US Govt owes is in $US, which the government controls. This is known as debt in sovereign currency.

Weimer Germany owed massive reparations to France and Britain which had to be paid in Francs and Pounds. When they couldn't pay those debts in foreign currencies, those countries stepped in and seized a certain area of land rich in natural resources. The subsequent lack of resources, less than economic demand, resulted in massive inflation of the local currency.

Zimbabwe had a similar experience. They owed some debt in foreign currencies. In their case, Zimbabwe took over privately owned farm land but weren't able to operate it efficiently to produce enough food for the populace. This lead to importing foreign food which they had to pay for with more, mostly borrowed, foreign currency. Again, a mismatch between domestically produced resources and demand drove massive inflation.

This will never happen in the USA in my, or your, lifetime.

American debt is a shelter for the rest of the world. Our credit got downgraded and our rates STILL went down. People actually buy US treasuries at 0% yield.

Some day, it will have to be paid off. Some day, the heat death of the universe will also happen. But these are problems that are a ways off, and balancing the budget is not even top of the list of things that need to be done.

Currently it is the best time for the US to borrow money there ever has been. If the government can borrow at 0% and create >0% in economic growth, it's a no-brainer.
Coolness, then let's stop payments on the interest on the debt....... yippee

Old 08-24-2012, 03:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
All the money the US Govt owes is in $US, which the government controls. This is known as debt in sovereign currency.

Weimer Germany owed massive reparations to France and Britain which had to be paid in Francs and Pounds. When they couldn't pay those debts in foreign currencies, those countries stepped in and seized a certain area of land rich in natural resources. The subsequent lack of resources, less than economic demand, resulted in massive inflation of the local currency.

Zimbabwe had a similar experience. They owed some debt in foreign currencies. In their case, Zimbabwe took over privately owned farm land but weren't able to operate it efficiently to produce enough food for the populace. This lead to importing foreign food which they had to pay for with more, mostly borrowed, foreign currency. Again, a mismatch between domestically produced resources and demand drove massive inflation.

This will never happen in the USA in my, or your, lifetime.

American debt is a shelter for the rest of the world. Our credit got downgraded and our rates STILL went down. People actually buy US treasuries at 0% yield.

Some day, it will have to be paid off. Some day, the heat death of the universe will also happen. But these are problems that are a ways off, and balancing the budget is not even top of the list of things that need to be done.

Currently it is the best time for the US to borrow money there ever has been. If the government can borrow at 0% and create >0% in economic growth, it's a no-brainer.
It also quickly lead to leadership who knew war was a way of returnig those lands plus gaining even moreI think the german example and what they were willig to do i a civil western country shows just what can happen when things start meanig basic survival with a economy..

Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Yes that's fine, I'm all for the government saving in good years. That does not invalidate the other half, which is spending in bad years. We are in bad years, ergo we spend.
Wrong because we cant spend without taking money out of the economy first..
Quote:
Stop trying to find a logic problem where there isn't one.
Well dont say something so stupid if you dont want people to find logical problems with your position
Quote:
I addressed Zimbabwe in the OP. Entirely different situation.
Not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies