Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

Oh here we go, yer gonna get all horsey on me now and tell me about the pale riders, and lions, tigers and bears.

Step away from the soap box....

(To you: I live in EST and am a little banged up so i am off fer shut eye)
You can go on all night for all I care but thisn' heya' chil has gotta get down.....

It's been interesting.

Here's something sweet, cute and cuddly that will help you sleep

http://www.russiablog.org/putins-tiger-cub.jpg

Last edited by king's highway; 08-24-2012 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Romney is open to sending US troops to Syria !

Check out the news article's headline typo [at least I think it's a typo !?]

" ... Mitt Romney said Friday that he would send U.S. troops to Syria if needed to prevent the spread of chemical weapons. "

Romney open to sending US troops to Syria if needed to halt nuclear weapons | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

Romney is open to sending US troops to Syria !

Check out the news article's headline typo [at least I think it's a typo !?]

" ... Mitt Romney said Friday that he would send U.S. troops to Syria if needed to prevent the spread of chemical weapons. "

Romney open to sending US troops to Syria if needed to halt nuclear weapons | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Yup, he will continue where Obama leaves off. Romney is itchin to start somethin with China. We're just getting more of the same.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Yup, he will continue where Obama leaves off. Romney is itchin to start somethin with China.
We're just getting more of the same.

Reminds me of something Napoleon said:

" Let China Sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world. "

But it was Russia who sent his troops packing and defeated Napoleon.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Yup, he will continue where Obama leaves off. Romney is itchin to start somethin with China. We're just getting more of the same.
Umm pretty sure China has to worry about the agreement that India-Russia have since India is the #1 buyer of Russia Arms along with France I mean china would have to worry about the Sukhoi Su-30MKII, MIG-29K and Dassualt Rafale and the 2 seat Sukhoi PAk-FA- T-50 in the future along SK and Japan Ready to go after NK.

In fact China and the philippines are kind of going at it and Russia is arming the philippines with new ***-130 light fighters and S-300 SA and those big tank mounted AA flak cannons.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:56 AM

The US/Turkey-backed rebels have been targeting Armenian Christians living in Syria.

This New York Times article mentions the newly created US/Turkey joint working group
that met in Turkey recently to discuss their plans for a post-Assad Syria... so clearly,
NATO's Turkey would be a key figure in the US planned future of Syria and probably
the region... which should be very disconcerting to Armenia which shares a border
with Turkey and to Russia whose troops patrol the Turkey/Armenian border.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/wo...s-suburbs.html

This is interesting... and the plot thickens... [supposedly] a "terrorist" Armenian group is threatening Turkey.

But this news site is Azerbaijan which is not exactly a friend to Armenia.

Armenian terrorist group threatens Turkey over Syria - Trend.Az

Western media accuses Armenia of conspiring with Iran

Exclusive: Iran looks to Armenia to skirt bank sanctions | Reuters

I suspect someone wants Armenia brought into this conflict... and with Armenia comes its ally, Russia,
who has a military base in Armenia... unless... Russia wants to abandon that too.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 AM

Meanwhile back in little satan, yesterday a Knesset speaker called for an immediate attack on Iran.
He's tired of rhetoric, he wants action now.

Israel: Knesset speaker calls for intervention against Iran - Politics - ANSAMed.it

Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile back at the Kremlin... Vladimir Putin is on the warpath against Russian "nationalists" who are
"taking advantage of democratic freedoms to gain influence in a country with a fragile mix of ethnic groups. "

Someone might think ' Michael ' was referring to the American Balkan States.

Russia must counter nationalist threat, Putin says | Reuters

Of course this story was picked up by the Turkish media today

If nationalists controlled Russia, that would be a problem for US/Turkey/NATO designs on the region and the world.

Putin Warns Against Ignoring Nationalism, 25 August 2012 Saturday 11:6

Wow... here's another one on the same Turkish news site... also published today.

Putin Warns of Rising 'Nationalism', 25 August 2012 Saturday 9:51

US/Turkey/NATO is really counting on a weak Vladimir Putin to stand down so they can continue their destructive dirty work.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:34 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:

The US/Turkey-backed rebels have been targeting Armenian Christians living in Syria.

This New York Times article mentions the newly created US/Turkey joint working group
that met in Turkey recently to discuss their plans for a post-Assad Syria... so clearly,
NATO's Turkey would be a key figure in the US planned future of Syria and probably
the region... which should be very disconcerting to Armenia which shares a border
with Turkey and to Russia whose troops patrol the Turkey/Armenian border.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/wo...s-suburbs.html

This is interesting... and the plot thickens... [supposedly] a "terrorist" Armenian group is threatening Turkey.

But this news site is Azerbaijan which is not exactly a friend to Armenia.

Armenian terrorist group threatens Turkey over Syria - Trend.Az

Western media accuses Armenia of conspiring with Iran

Exclusive: Iran looks to Armenia to skirt bank sanctions | Reuters

I suspect someone wants Armenia brought into this conflict... and with Armenia comes its ally, Russia,
who has a military base in Armenia... unless... Russia wants to abandon that too.

Knowing nothing about Armenia, I looked it up. They have had a rough history, but have emerged as a strong little nation, at peace. Doesn't sound like that will last. I'm sure they are getting a lot of pressure to disengage from their friendship with Iran.

Quote:
As it enters the 21st century, Armenia faces many hardships. It has made a full switch to a market economy and as of 2012, is the 39th most economically free nation in the world.[56] Its relations with Europe, the Middle East, and the Commonwealth of Independent States have allowed Armenia to increase trade. Gas, oil, and other supplies come through two vital routes: Iran and Georgia. Armenia maintains cordial relations with both countries.
uh oh, the globalists aren't going to like this.

Quote:
Despite the availability of abundant renewable energy sources in Armenia (especially hydroelectric and wind power) the Armenian Government is working toward building a new Nuclear Power Plant at Medzamor near Yerevan.[58
wiki

Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:

uh oh, the globalists aren't going to like this.

Quote:
Despite the availability of abundant renewable energy sources in Armenia (especially hydroelectric and wind power)
the Armenian Government is working toward building a new Nuclear Power Plant at Medzamor near Yerevan.

wiki

I don't like it ether... nuclear power plants are dirty nuclear time bombs.

It was the US-backed Shah of Iran who began building the US-approved Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran.

After Iran's Islamic revolution, building on Bushehr was stopped because nuclear power was considered to be "unIslamic."
And, rightfully so, because nuclear power... in peacetime or in war... is evil and destructive to God's earth.

Later... Iran changed its mind and finished building Bushehr... Islam seems to be keeping up with modern perverted times.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies