Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Everyone is prochioce, they just draw their own lines.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Because some of us have respect for those afflicted by crimes against nature.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Yes, let's force a daughter who was repeatedly victimized by her father to bear his baby. Or the woman who was raped to have her rapist's baby. That sounds good.

I am not pro-abortion. But I despise people who say they are "truly pro-life" when they have no feelings at all for the VICTIMS whom they would FORCE to carry a fetus conceived through an illegal act for 9 months and then give birth. I say, let these victims have an abortion when the "baby" isn't a baby at all, but a few cells. How anyone could consider that "murder" is beyond me.

My experience has been that most people who are anti-abortion are also anti-birth control, anti-sex-ed (other than teaching abstinence -- yeah, that works well), etc. Aaagggh.
Abortion is a human rights issue; nothing more, nothing less. Rape is a vile, heinous act and a rapist should be put away for life. But at the end of the day, the baby is still innocent. How is murdering the baby going to erase the pain of rape? Essentially what you're saying is that anyone who is the product of rape is not as precious/worthy/special as someone else. We are all precious, regardless of the way that we were conceived.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Do you know that in 31 states men who "father" children via rape are legally able to assert the same custody and visitation rights as other fathers? If a woman chooses not to abort the baby or give it up for adoption, do you think this is right? It's all fine to say you don't support abortion under those circumstances, but do you really know the full implications of the alternatives? I'm going to guess NO.

Raped, pregnant and ordeal not over - CNN.com

http://georgetownlawjournal.org/file...-3/Prewitt.PDF

Legal Voice - Parental Rights of Rapists

Pffft!
I'm sorry, but I don't know what that has to do with the thread topic?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Everyone is prochioce, they just draw their own lines.
Explain

Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Because some of us have respect for those afflicted by crimes against nature.
Yet, you have no respect for murdering an innocent pre-born baby that didn't choose the way it was conceived. See, I can play your game, but even better.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
I agree with the op, unless the life of the mother is in danger. I have no problem with people using the morning after pill.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Thread title says it all. I am truly pro-life. I believe that the pre-born baby is precious and of value, regardless of the way it was conceived. How is murdering the pre-born bay going to take away the pain of the heinous act of rape? It's not the baby's fault. Plus there are thousands of people in America that are the result of rape, are you willing to say that they are not as special/worthy/precious as other people?

*Note* This thread is for pro-lifers who make exceptions for rape and incest, NOT pro-abortion people.
I think people who feel that way are being sympathetic to a woman's desire to not give birth to something that is the result of a violent and disturbing act against her. I think the psychology is that she doesn't want to give birth to a baby that she conceived in such means, so, pro-lifers or pro-abortion people think that she should be able to not go through that. Also, I think that most pro-life people are definitely against the abortion of a baby when the baby was conceived because of the sexual irresponsibility of a woman and man. Basically, pro-lifers may think that a woman and man should not have an easy way out of their future responsibility with such easy means as abortion, but they don't have a problem with her aborting it when rape is involved.

I don't know how I feel. I do think abortion is killing a baby because it is life that has already been created. I can sympathize with someone who doesn't want to be reminded of their rape at random occassions as they raise their child. Do we often forget about things when it comes to our children because we love them, of course. However, those are situations when our children were NOT born through a violation of our body. Maybe we had a horrible boyfriend and we ended up pregnant by them, gave birth - but that is still a child that was born during a time when things were good between ourselves and that man that turned out to be a loser. We don't think, "I wish I didn't get pregnant by this loser," we think, "He sure turned out to be a loser, but I sure do love my baby!" You often here people talk about their ex's and say, "The only good thing he or she did for me was give me my child."

However, when it comes to rape and incest, the psychological reminders are just too deep for many people to want to give birth to that child. I would feel that there is some bad voodoo involved if I gave birth to a child that was conceived in such naturally wrong ways. The feng-shui of life for that child and mother would appear to be off-balance. At the same time though, like I said above, I do think it would be a very tough decision for me.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't know what that has to do with the thread topic?

So you have no problem with a RAPIST being legally entitled to shared custody and visitation of a child, a child that was conceived during the commission of a RAPE. The value of that child's life is worth less than a clump of emryonic cells? And let's not even talk about the woman being forced to have contact with her RAPIST for the rest of her life? Yup, great priorities!

Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. I am truly pro-life. I believe that the pre-born baby is precious and of value, regardless of the way it was conceived. How is murdering the pre-born bay going to take away the pain of the heinous act of rape? It's not the baby's fault. Plus there are thousands of people in America that are the result of rape, are you willing to say that they are not as special/worthy/precious as other people?

*Note* This thread is for pro-lifers who make exceptions for rape and incest, NOT pro-abortion people.
I consider myself pro-life/anti abortion, but I do think there are certain instances were the women should have the choice. 1. If the pregnancy puts the womens life in danger. 2. If the women has been raped and gets pregnant. 3. If its a case of child molestation or incest. 4. If the baby is going to be born with a severe birth defect or disease. But if a women just wants to use abortion as form of birth control then I'm against that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies