Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 01:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Abortion is murder, regardless if the one being murdered can feel it. Is it not murder, if a person is shot to death while under anesthesia? Man, you guys have not thought out your position at all.
The person under anesthesia is different than a developing fetus at certain points - you are just running away and are the one who has not thought it through.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Read the thread before posting blind. All of your canards have been debunked; several times.
No they haven't, that's ANOTHER LIE...boy! Your lies are stacking up

It's YOUR blathering that's been debunked in a zillion other abortion threads.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The person under anesthesia is different than a developing fetus at certain points - you are just running away and are the one who has not thought it through.
Explain how.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:33 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Explain how.
for example

1. viable outside the womb
  2. possesses a brain and central nervous system

Old 08-25-2012, 01:34 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
for example

1. viable outside the womb
  2. possesses a brain and central nervous system
What do you mean by "viable outside the womb"?
2. Pre-born baby's have a brain and a central nervous system.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:35 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Abortion is murder, regardless if the one being murdered can feel it.
Abortion is not murder regardless of your emotional rhetoric.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:36 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
2. Pre-born baby's have a brain and a central nervous system.
Do I understand correctly that you started an anti-choice thread and you do not understand the concept of viable outside the womb?

For real?

Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. I am truly pro-life. I believe that the pre-born baby is precious and of value, regardless of the way it was conceived. How is murdering the pre-born bay going to take away the pain of the heinous act of rape? It's not the baby's fault. Plus there are thousands of people in America that are the result of rape, are you willing to say that they are not as special/worthy/precious as other people?

*Note* This thread is for pro-lifers who make exceptions for rape and incest, NOT pro-abortion people.
So if there was a 9 or 10 year old girl who got raped by her father and ends up pregnant and her body is in no condition to carry a kid full-term, you would deny her an abortion even though there is a great chance that labor may kill her AND the child?

I mostly am against abortion but I'm also against further punishing a woman who suffered a horrific act like forcible rape or incest through no fault of her own.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Explain how.
You want me to explain embryology to you? Let me put it this way - Is there a difference between the newborn child and the first time a sperm and egg unite? If so then you are the one who has to find the consistent factor that is present througout the pregnacy that would justify your pro life stance - otherwise there is, at some point in this pregancy, justification for an abortion depending on the language we use to define life, humans, etc. Please explain this factor? I have not seen any consistency in logic when you use these terms.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Read Roe V. Wade, the court already determined this.

But since you are lazy: A point where the fetus can live (with help) separate of the mother. Many states have placed viability at 20-24 weeks. Even science has proven (though with low success rates) that viability of a fetus can start as early as 20 weeks (only 17% survival rate, but modern medicine has a way of beating the odds).

A fetus at 8 weeks is not viable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies