Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Thread title says it all. I am truly pro-life. I believe that the pre-born baby is precious and of value, regardless of the way it was conceived. How is murdering the pre-born bay going to take away the pain of the heinous act of rape? It's not the baby's fault. Plus there are thousands of people in America that are the result of rape, are you willing to say that they are not as special/worthy/precious as other people?

*Note* This thread is for pro-lifers who make exceptions for rape and incest, NOT pro-abortion people.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM

74 posts, read 150,268 times
I understand your point however, is it fair to the unborn child and the Mother to put them through further pain and suffering of delivering this child just to put it up for adoption and have more emotional scars from that loss or if they keep the child for the child to possibly be treated terribly and abused physically and mentally because of how they were conceived?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
*Note* This thread is for pro-lifers who make exceptions for rape and incest, NOT pro-abortion people.
Somehow, I don't see this making much of a difference....

Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfette13 View Post
I understand your point however, is it fair to the unborn child and the Mother to put them through further pain and suffering of delivering this child just to put it up for adoption and have more emotional scars from that loss or if they keep the child for the child to possibly be treated terribly and abused physically and mentally because of how they were conceived?
So the answer is to kill it? If you are pro-life, you believe that abortion is a human rights issue and all pre-born children are precious and innocent. How does the way the baby was conceived change that? Rape is a vile, heinous act. So is murder.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:27 AM

74 posts, read 150,268 times
Quote:
So the answer is to kill it? If you are pro-life, you believe that abortion is a human rights issue and all pre-born children are precious and innocent. How does the way the baby was conceived change that? Rape is a vile, heinous act. So is murder.

I am not going to argue my opinion with someone who does not agree. ASSUME what you want I have stated what I stated and I am done.

Thank you in advance and I wish the best life your deserve.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
I don't think it should be illegal in any case (except maybe cases involving fetuses in the third trimester, unless there is a good chance either the mother or baby will die or have a serious handicap should the mother decide to carry it to full term).

I think it's especially wrong along moral lines to wait until after the embryo has developed into a fetus before getting the abortion. This means everyone, including victims of rape or incest.

But I don't place the blame on the woman immediately. The system should be set up to make it possible for women to get abortions as early as possible. I don't assume that it is, however.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfette13 View Post
I am not going to argue my opinion with someone who does not agree. ASSUME what you want I have stated what I stated and I am done.

Thank you in advance and I wish the best life your deserve.
I'm sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my point. I just wanted to make you think. I used to call myself pro-life with the exception of rape and incest, but as I thought about that, I realized that position made me pro-choice, not pro-life. If I believe that all pre-born babies are precious and innocent, the way that they were conceived is irrelevant.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
And lots of pro life people pretty strongly think the mother must die if that what it takes to save the unborn baby in the event of a difficult pregnancy. But why should pro life people stand for that? It could result in two, not one life being taken. Why should the mother deserve death over trying to have a baby?

On a man wanting a woman to give birth to a baby that was a result of a rape, what a disgusting thing to force a woman to go through. It's about as disgusting as being a rapist.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. I am truly pro-life. I believe that the pre-born baby is precious and of value, regardless of the way it was conceived. How is murdering the pre-born bay going to take away the pain of the heinous act of rape? It's not the baby's fault. Plus there are thousands of people in America that are the result of rape, are you willing to say that they are not as special/worthy/precious as other people?

Yes, let's force a daughter who was repeatedly victimized by her father to bear his baby. Or the woman who was raped to have her rapist's baby. That sounds good.

I am not pro-abortion. But I despise people who say they are "truly pro-life" when they have no feelings at all for the VICTIMS whom they would FORCE to carry a fetus conceived through an illegal act for 9 months and then give birth. I say, let these victims have an abortion when the "baby" isn't a baby at all, but a few cells. How anyone could consider that "murder" is beyond me.

My experience has been that most people who are anti-abortion are also anti-birth control, anti-sex-ed (other than teaching abstinence -- yeah, that works well), etc. Aaagggh.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Do you know that in 31 states men who "father" children via rape are legally able to assert the same custody and visitation rights as other fathers? If a woman chooses not to abort the baby or give it up for adoption, do you think this is right? It's all fine to say you don't support abortion under those circumstances, but do you really know the full implications of the alternatives? I'm going to guess NO.

Raped, pregnant and ordeal not over - CNN.com

http://georgetownlawjournal.org/file...-3/Prewitt.PDF

Legal Voice - Parental Rights of Rapists

Quote:
Pffft!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies