Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You listen to Rachel Maddow, you watch Megyn Kelly.
[MOD CUT]
It's all in the eye/ear of the beholder/listener. Not their fault, it's your fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's all in the eye/ear of the beholder/listener. Not their fault, it's your fault.
Of course it is.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
May I ask how many seconds a day you hear Kelly? Ok, I just asked you and bet the truthful answer is 0 but will take your word for the answer. I guess you don't watch her show much since you see only politics there but I don't know how much time you spend reading Media Matters about her, either.
If i'm just skipping through channels and Megyn Kelly is on, i'll watch her if it looks like she's covering an interesting topic. But never more than a few minutes.

I watch political shows no more than an hour a day. That's all i can take, and even that's too much. I just don't find them to be all that interesting, nor enlightening. It's mostly just partisan garbage with a built in echo chamber. If i did watch political hacks talking all day, i'd much rather listen to people that i don't agree with routinely. But to tune into a channel for hours a day just to hear someone basically reinforce what you already believe is pathetic. That's why i don't get how Conservatives can listen to Limbaugh for a few hours everyday. Brain dead nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
She's one of my favorite Fox News personalities. She smart, sharp, on top of everything and she doesn't hesitate to tell someone when they are wrong and why.
Yea, i mean she's good at what she does. I don't think she's special, but she does appear to be sharp....and she gets to the bottom of a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have to disagree with another conservative, and on the same thread. I love to listen to Palin and really do like her voice, too. Oh well, God didn't give us all the same ears.
I don't see how anyone can get past a sentence of Sarah Palin's without turning the channel. She's hella annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Much better than Hillary's voice.
Hillary Clinton doesn't talk enough to annoy anyone unless you just can't stand her for other reasons. She's hardly what i'd call an annoying voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She, and her fellow bimbo's on FOX, are emblematic of the Dumbing Down of America.

You listen to Rachel Maddow, you watch Megyn Kelly.
[MOD CUT]
I agree, although i'm not one of those males that finds Rachel Maddow unattractive....not one bit. She's so smart that it would make up for any aesthetic shortcomings anyway. But still, i find her to be physically attractive when she wants to look like a girl.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree, although i'm not one of those males that finds Rachel Maddow unattractive....not one bit. She's so smart that it would make up for any aesthetic shortcomings anyway. But still, i find her to be physically attractive when she wants to look like a girl.
Of course she is attractive, that is a given. But she is super smart, as well, and combine that with her political knowledge and most FOX watchers would run scared after hearing her deconstruct what FOX is busy constructing.

Of course, it is just easier for that group to attempt to malign her for her lifestyle choices, as if that matters.

Oh wait, we are talking about the FOX crowd, right?

Nevermind then....

Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Megyn Kelly and Sarah Palin seem similar. Hot, mouthy broads. Good to see the GOP going for such feisty woman. I tend to be attracted to such women. They keep me in line. Even though I like neither of those two, I'll say it is good that women can weigh in on things these days. It is ok to be a loud mouthed, blowhard woman, just like you can be loud mouthed, blowhard guy (good Lord, look at Rush, Hannity, Savage, Liddy,etc.,etc.). They are annoying in any case, but at least conservative women are not told to stay home and shut up.

So, progress, of a sort.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Newsflash: It's impossible to be jealous of someone you aren't competing with.

You're sounding like a 13 year old liberal virgin prepubescent. For Pete's sake, sit back and look at what you've posted to this thread. We get that you'd like to do her. Control yourself!
Wow. The dingbat babe has really set you off. Do you get road rage in your recliner?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You can always turn down the sound and just stare at her.
Actually, that's probably good advice for most of the shows on Fox News.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
They are annoying in any case, but at least conservative women are not told to stay home and shut up.

So, progress, of a sort.
Are you kidding? These conservative women are reading a script, pushing a pre arranged ideology. If they do have an original thought of their own, it better be within allowable guidelines.

I'm sorry, but that is not my definition of progress. I can't say the rest of the media is much better, that's why I rely on alternative media sources who don't have an ideology in play, and if they do, it's justice, truth, and civil rights first and foremost.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Her HOTTIE lib counterpart is Rachel Maddow.....BOW WOW.... BOW WOW..... BOW WOW....lol
Rachel Madcow looks like what Keith Olbermann would look like if Keith Olbermann was a man.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
on Fox News while she's on vacation, or wherever she is.

I am hard core to the right and watch a LOT of Fox News, but when her noon show comes on, I switch to MSNBC. Her hideous, shrill, snippy voice makes me sick and wakes the sleeping dog.

She's off today and my, oh, my, it's oh, so nice to not hear her yelling and screeching and having to switch channels.

Anyone else feel that way about her?
I don't like her either, but I rarely watch any tv during the daytime. I will watch Lou Dobbs, he always has a great, informative show, and Stossell on Thurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies