U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 PM

29,074 posts, read 12,674,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Same demographic pandering Rosa Greenburg does in reverse. Her maiden name is Rosa DeLauro, and her district is heavily Italian.
Why is it pandering when a women uses her maiden name. Besides her married name is Schultz which is another Jewish name. She is Jewish and proud of it and there is nothing wrong with that. Making fun of her ethnic says a lot about the people who do that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 PM

37,265 posts, read 24,391,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, I saw the video. I wasn't impressed. Your assertion that Anderson Cooper "leans left" was more interesting.

No issues with her misquoting the LA Times in a fundraising E-mail?

That all good in your world?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 PM

37,265 posts, read 24,391,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He was just trying to help her out, coaching her on how NOT to look like such an obvious liar.

Debbie Wasserperson Schultz has basically becaome the sacrificial lamb of the Democrat Party. Her mouthings are so obviously false and disingenuous, that the liberals in media have decided they can scold her publicly, and so cover their @sses for the next few months against charges of bias.

"I'm not biased! Why, did you see how I opposed DWS back in August? That PROVES I'm balanced and impartial, I criticize both sides! The fact that I've let all other liberal lies go, while making up nonsensical "attacks" against conservatives for things they didn't even do, is irrelevant."

Well, that about sums it up.

Owe you a rep.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:51 PM

18,667 posts, read 19,131,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is it pandering when a women uses her maiden name. Besides her married name is Schultz which is another Jewish name. She is Jewish and proud of it and there is nothing wrong with that. Making fun of her ethnic says a lot about the people who do that.
It's pandering of DeLauro to HIDE her married name. She is not doing what Wasserman-Schultz is doing, she is dropping her married name. I guess Rosa's ashamed of Jewish people per your sentence.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,139,973 times
Quote:
Absolutely.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 PM

3,398 posts, read 4,869,351 times
Is there really any worry that a women's rights to get an abortion will be taken away? I think there is as much chance of that as taking away the right for women to vote. I don't think it will happen. Even if a president leaned as far right as you can get he would be a fool to try to take this right away and it would cost him dearly politically. It is so much not a threat to ever happen that we do not need to talk about it. Why don't we talk about out rights that are really on the chopping block instead?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It's pandering of DeLauro to HIDE her married name. She is not doing what Wasserman-Schultz is doing, she is dropping her married name. I guess Rosa's ashamed of Jewish people per your sentence.

Sorry, but I have no idea who this person is and how it relates to the thread.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:00 PM

18,667 posts, read 19,131,812 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I have no idea who this person is and how it relates to the thread.

Long-time Congresswomen Rosa DeLauro.

Married to Stanley Greenberg, Bill Clinton's main pollster.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 PM

13,893 posts, read 13,029,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Obviously you have never seen, met, or know any woman with naturally curly hair. Wasserman-Schultz has naturally curly hair. Those curls you see in her hair, well, she was born with them. Why do you make fun of that? Do you think she should go against nature and have her hair straightened to please other people? Do women out there in the middle of nowhere Kansas all have straight hair? No women with curly hair?
Quote:
geeeezzus. What's your problem with her hair? No, she does not wear a wig. That is her real, natural hair; she was born with naturally curly hair. I asked before if there were not women with naturally curly hair out there in the middle of nowhere Kansas.........guess you just answered my question. Seems that you don't venture very far outside your little town or you would have seen women with hair like Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

I listened to the link. I thought Wasserman-Schultz made sense and I understood exactly what she was talking about. And she is right. Romney does apparently support the Republican platform, or is that something you can refute? Has Romney come out publicly and said he does not support the Republican platform, and did he say it AFTER the Dem email went out?
Quote:
Geeezzz, yet another one who has never seen a woman with naturally curly hair!! You guys are just pathetic.
Quote:
Blatantly evading the question. You make all these snarky remarks, then refuse to "own" them when you are called on it. Maybe you should answer questions related to your own snark factor in your posts if you're so willing to put it out there.
Quote:
Uhhh....79 years old going on 15?
Quote:
Absolutely.

Quote:
Why does it amuse you that she kept her maiden name. I know a lot of women who do. How about she's just proud of her name and heritage. Why are you making fun of a Jewish name anyway.
I can see the Wasserman thing flew right over your head.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I can see the Wasserman thing flew right over your head.

Doesn't matter....insults are insults. And that was your intention wasn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies