U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,893 posts, read 13,028,885 times
Reputation: 9155

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Also, why would you take the time to post so many quotes of fancyfeast to only have a response of a laughing smilie. That's kind of weird to go to all that trouble. If you don't know how to respond then you shouldn't do anything
All that trouble? Do you not know how to use the forum features?

And since you asked, it's obvious by my multiquotes where the hair obsession lies: With the accuser.



Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,877 posts, read 31,777,363 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Well, apparently a number of those who dislike her so much, as you do, are quite concerned with her hair and her name, etc. I believe Rush was the first to start to attack her because of her hair. I think that is enormously stupid, which is why I made an issue of their "concerns."

What do you mean "massages" the truth? Is it not true that the REpublican platform calls for making abortions, in all cases, including rape and incest, illegal? I don't see how that is "massaging" the truth.
She gets on one talking point on every interview and continues with that one thing to answer anything asked of her. She massages the truth very hard, sometimes, and never backs off throughout the interview.

I mentioned her hair since it has never been curled before and sure looked like the curls were attached to her real hair, to me. I can't stand her normal "do" but the curls were even worse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,877 posts, read 31,777,363 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I thought it was me, but I certainly have never had a problem with comprehension. What was so radically different in what she said was written as compared to what was written?



These are the fools that started the bogus "you didn't build that" BS about Obama. Talk about out of context.
What were the words Obama spouted when he did his thing? Was he off teleprompter for just a bit then?

Seriously what were his words?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
 
8,560 posts, read 6,139,649 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
She gets on one talking point on every interview and continues with that one thing to answer anything asked of her. She massages the truth very hard, sometimes, and never backs off throughout the interview.

I mentioned her hair since it has never been curled before and sure looked like the curls were attached to her real hair, to me. I can't stand her normal "do" but the curls were even worse.
Her "normal do" is curly hair!!! That's why the ringlets you saw will actually hold when set by hair stylist......because her hair is naturally curly. I'm sure she is responding to Rush's brutal attacks on her appearance and her hair by having someone "style" her hair as opposed to just being her natural self!

You have mentioned Wasserman-Schultz's appearance almost every time you comment on anything she does, and that certainly includes your many comments about her hair.

Now, explain what "massages the truth" means to you. Truth is the truth. The truth is that the Republican platform is to make all abortions, regardless of cause or danger to the mother, illegal, period. That is the truth. That was what was being pointed out in the email, the difference between the Democratic position on women's reproductive rights and the Republican's position on that issue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 PM
 
8,560 posts, read 6,139,649 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What were the words Obama spouted when he did his thing? Was he off teleprompter for just a bit then?

Seriously what were his words?

You tell us. I don't know what you're talking about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
 
8,560 posts, read 6,139,649 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
All that trouble? Do you not know how to use the forum features?

And since you asked, it's obvious by my multiquotes where the hair obsession lies: With the accuser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do ever wonder if Schultz wears a wig? This one looks so much like that.
At least roysoldboy and Rush seem pretty obsessed with her hair. Of course you don't think roys came up with this hair thing all by himself, do you. Certainly someone who claims to be so intelligent and well informed as you do would have known about this Rush/internet buzz re Wasserman-Schultz's hair. Maybe your self-assessment is a bit OFF.

"By the way, people are telling me that Blabs was on MSNBC today, Debbie Wasserman Schultz. What they're telling me is that they ironed the curls out of her hair, and they darkened it a bit. It's a total makeover, apparently, of Debbie Wasserman Schultz in the aftermath of the Hilary Rosen controversy. So it looks like Debbie Wasserman Schultz's curly hair is another casualty of the war on women, waged by CNN.

Pearls of Wisdom - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Limbaugh Keeps Up Right-Wing Media's Obsession With Debbie Wasserman Schultz's Hair

Limbaugh Keeps Up Right-Wing Media's Obsession With Debbie Wasserman Schultz's Hair | Media Matters for America

"Normally, the Pulp would never consider a politician's hairstyle news, but U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Weston) is a special case. For some reason, the internet hates her hair. Her tightly spiraled, dyed-blond curls have been called "angry perm" and "nappy," and Rush Limbaugh once accused her of using mayonnaise on her tresses"

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Gets New Hairdo; Internet Goes Nuts - Broward/Palm Beach - News - The Daily Pulp


In May, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said the “Blabbermouth” congresswoman uses a domestic mayonnaise in her hair. “She’s doing something to her hair,” he said. “Looks like mayonnaise, I don’t know what.”
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,877 posts, read 31,777,363 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Her "normal do" is curly hair!!! That's why the ringlets you saw will actually hold when set by hair stylist......because her hair is naturally curly. I'm sure she is responding to Rush's brutal attacks on her appearance and her hair by having someone "style" her hair as opposed to just being her natural self!

You have mentioned Wasserman-Schultz's appearance almost every time you comment on anything she does, and that certainly includes your many comments about her hair.

Now, explain what "massages the truth" means to you. Truth is the truth. The truth is that the Republican platform is to make all abortions, regardless of cause or danger to the mother, illegal, period. That is the truth. That was what was being pointed out in the email, the difference between the Democratic position on women's reproductive rights and the Republican's position on that issue.
The Dems keep saying that the GOP people want to stop abortion no matter what the cause and In doing some reading about the subject I find that is only the words of the Dems. The GOP say that they want to keep abortion in cases of rape and life saving needs.

Wasserman-Schultz massages the truth all the time in that she says things that are partially true but have lots of falsehoods in them. You know what that means, I am sure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,877 posts, read 31,777,363 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You tell us. I don't know what you're talking about.
I will only tell you four of his words, "You didn't build that". Lefties have been going wild trying to explain what those words mean and using context as their excuse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM
 
8,560 posts, read 6,139,649 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Dems keep saying that the GOP people want to stop abortion no matter what the cause and In doing some reading about the subject I find that is only the words of the Dems. The GOP say that they want to keep abortion in cases of rape and life saving needs.

Wasserman-Schultz massages the truth all the time in that she says things that are partially true but have lots of falsehoods in them. You know what that means, I am sure.
Have you read the Republican platform regarding abortion? It seems to me that is where you will find that the Republicans support the criminalization of abortion for any reason, including rape and incest.

As for Wasserman-Schultz, I might agree with you about the falsehoods if you could point them out when you see/hear them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
 
8,560 posts, read 6,139,649 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will only tell you four of his words, "You didn't build that". Lefties have been going wild trying to explain what those words mean and using context as their excuse.
"You didn't build that" means that the President wants abortion for any reason to be illegal? I admit I'm confused here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top