U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 PM

630 posts, read 735,385 times

Advertisements

The GOP platform is not Mitt Romneys platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Have you read the Republican platform regarding abortion? It seems to me that is where you will find that the Republicans support the criminalization of abortion for any reason, including rape and incest.

As for Wasserman-Schultz, I might agree with you about the falsehoods if you could point them out when you see/hear them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 PM

44,877 posts, read 31,777,363 times
Quote:
At least roysoldboy and Rush seem pretty obsessed with her hair. Of course you don't think roys came up with this hair thing all by himself, do you. Certainly someone who claims to be so intelligent and well informed as you do would have known about this Rush/internet buzz re Wasserman-Schultz's hair. Maybe your self-assessment is a bit OFF.

"By the way, people are telling me that Blabs was on MSNBC today, Debbie Wasserman Schultz. What they're telling me is that they ironed the curls out of her hair, and they darkened it a bit. It's a total makeover, apparently, of Debbie Wasserman Schultz in the aftermath of the Hilary Rosen controversy. So it looks like Debbie Wasserman Schultz's curly hair is another casualty of the war on women, waged by CNN.

Pearls of Wisdom - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Limbaugh Keeps Up Right-Wing Media's Obsession With Debbie Wasserman Schultz's Hair

Limbaugh Keeps Up Right-Wing Media's Obsession With Debbie Wasserman Schultz's Hair | Media Matters for America

"Normally, the Pulp would never consider a politician's hairstyle news, but U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Weston) is a special case. For some reason, the internet hates her hair. Her tightly spiraled, dyed-blond curls have been called "angry perm" and "nappy," and Rush Limbaugh once accused her of using mayonnaise on her tresses"

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Gets New Hairdo; Internet Goes Nuts - Broward/Palm Beach - News - The Daily Pulp

In May, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said the “Blabbermouth” congresswoman uses a domestic mayonnaise in her hair. “She’s doing something to her hair,” he said. “Looks like mayonnaise, I don’t know what.”
I hate to say this, but I was not pleased with that hair long before Limbaugh said anything. I do not like that still wet look on any woman and surely not on her. Maybe I need to mention her voice as so many here do when they talk about Palin. Hell, the other day one of our posters mentioned Megyn Kelly's voice and I love that. Schultz's voice really rasps on my ears, though. it is hard to sit through an interview with her.

I must say that her hair Friday looked like hell but what I was on Fox News Sunday the other day was even worse. I really thought it looked like the curls were fastened on which would suggest a wig. i don't think you watched her on Fox News Sunday. Am I wrong?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:45 PM

9,698 posts, read 4,759,345 times
The more I hear from DWS, the more I don't like her. It's like her agenda is to show that Dems can play as dirty as Republicans. Obama had issues w/ her from the start and I think this is why.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 PM

27,620 posts, read 20,033,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What were the words Obama spouted when he did his thing? Was he off teleprompter for just a bit then?

Seriously what were his words?
After all this time and all of the hoopla surrounding this bogus attack, you have not seen or bothered to google the actual quote...in context? Seriously?

You Didn’t Build That,’ Uncut and Unedited

There’s no question Obama inartfully phrased those two sentences, but it’s clear from the context what the president was talking about. He spoke of government — including government-funded education, infrastructure and research — assisting businesses to make what he called “this unbelievable American system that we have.”

In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

There is no way that anyone that has at least a 5th grade reading level, could fail to comprehend what Obama was actually saying.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM

630 posts, read 735,385 times
I think what Akin said was also

"inartfully phrased"

Dont you?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,139,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I hate to say this, but I was not pleased with that hair long before Limbaugh said anything. I do not like that still wet look on any woman and surely not on her. Maybe I need to mention her voice as so many here do when they talk about Palin. Hell, the other day one of our posters mentioned Megyn Kelly's voice and I love that. Schultz's voice really rasps on my ears, though. it is hard to sit through an interview with her.

I must say that her hair Friday looked like hell but what I was on Fox News Sunday the other day was even worse. I really thought it looked like the curls were fastened on which would suggest a wig. i don't think you watched her on Fox News Sunday. Am I wrong?
I saw your video you posted with Anderson Cooper and saw the curls. I liked it, thought it was very pretty. No, I didn't watch Fox News on Sunday. Actually, I never watch Fox News, only the videos from Fox posted here.

Bottom line is that Wasserman-Schultz's hair has nothing whatsoever to do with her political positions, and it's just plain old fashioned gender bias and male chauvinism to demean this woman because of her hair. It's really very petty as well. However, if, as you say, you are 79 I can understand that you were taught male chauvinism from the time of your birth and it's pretty hard to "undo" that kind of conditioning. At your age, seems you may have seen a little girl from the old days named Shirley Temple when you went to movies as a boy. Did you think her hair was awful?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post

"inartfully phrased"

Dont you?
No. It was just stupid.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The more I hear from DWS, the more I don't like her. It's like her agenda is to show that Dems can play as dirty as Republicans. Obama had issues w/ her from the start and I think this is why.
But these guys are attacking her because of her hair style.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I saw your video you posted with Anderson Cooper and saw the curls. I liked it, thought it was very pretty. No, I didn't watch Fox News on Sunday. Actually, I never watch Fox News, only the videos from Fox posted here.

Bottom line is that Wasserman-Schultz's hair has nothing whatsoever to do with her political positions, and it's just plain old fashioned gender bias and male chauvinism to demean this woman because of her hair. It's really very petty as well. However, if, as you say, you are 79 I can understand that you were taught male chauvinism from the time of your birth and it's pretty hard to "undo" that kind of conditioning. At your age, seems you may have seen a little girl from the old days named Shirley Temple when you went to movies as a boy. Did you think her hair was awful?
Women in NYC pay upwards of $200 for a perm to get hair like that. I love that look, but you are correct, it is sooooo inconsequential to the issues at hand.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post

"inartfully phrased"

Dont you?
Akin said what he meant. His views are the views of the radical right wing. The proof is in the legislation. Apples and oranges. Obama meant what he said, but others distorted it and very purposely took it out of context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies