Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 10:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
I don't think Vermont is in his jurisdiction.
Vermont is god's blind spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 10:44 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What you ignore is that under natural law people have property rights in their person. Slavery was a gross violation of natural law.
But the Bible regulates slavery and says it's OK. So it's a Natural Law!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Vermont is god's blind spot.
So YOUR version of God creates gay people for the sole purpose of being abused by society and if a society doesn't abuse them then he gets angry?

pretty sick. if anybody would ever WANT to worship that version of God i'd have to kinda slowly walk away from them and then after awhile start running and not look back out of fear.

does that God also cut babies with a knife slowly for kicks?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Religious freedom, means nothing in this nation.

The right of religion and being able to express your 1st amendment, has been replaced with the right from religion, and silence all religion, except the chosen one... aka, King George.
What does a business of public accommodation - a rental hall - have to do with religious freedom and one's right to practice religion?

Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
So YOUR version of God creates gay people for the sole purpose of being abused by society and if a society doesn't abuse them then he gets angry?

pretty sick.
Quote:
if anybody would ever WANT to worship that version of God i'd have to kinda slowly walk away from them and then after awhile start running and not look back out of fear.
does that God also cut babies with a knife slowly for kicks?
I think thats what hes hoping for.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:24 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
=Jaymax;25806929]I find prejudice, bigotry and discrimination offensive. Don't you?
Ahhhh, JayMax has spoken from her enlightened pulpit! LOL

*drinks a beer* I know you are not talking to me...but I want to answer this one. That is to say/ask...what in the bleeding hell do you mean by "predjudice, bigotry, and discrimination" being "offensive?

That phraseology is just one of those super-emotive that mean nothing more than Humpty Dumpty in Lewis Carrolls" "Through the Looking Glass; Alice in Wonderland". when the character just defines words according to the "meaning" being nothing more nor less than what "he" wants it to mean.

Sometimes "discrimination" and "predjudice" are quite human and quite rational. You -- as well as the rest of the human race -- practice it every day of your life by choosing who you associate with, and what kind of judgements you make on others. Tell me I am wrong.

Sorry to spill sweet Southern tea on you, JM, but having read many of your posts, you seem (like many on the activist leftist gay arena are) about the most "bigoted" and "intolerant" of all.

You dare call out others for "bigotry" and "discrimination" and whatever the hell, but have no "tolerance" -- in turn -- at all -- for those who just might...just might...have a different world/moral vision than you do.

*animated falsetto voice* Oh lordy mercy me, jayymax "find(s) prejudice, bigotry and discrimination offensive" And, by the tone and content, seemingly presumes others need a self-delivered lesson on the subject.

For some reason it never seems to occur that the said definition might mean different things to different people. But of course, that is gay/left "tolerance for you!

Good gawd amighty...where do you people come from? And why do not practice the tolerance you all make a public point to so self-righteously preach?

Last edited by TexasReb; 08-26-2012 at 01:13 PM..

Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
They have no one to blame but themselves.
The Wildflower Inn has the two wonderful lesbians to blame. There was absolutely no need to sue this fine family owned establishment other than to be vindictive, vengeful, and hateful. The two “darlings” already had their precious wedding reception at a homosexual friendly establishment where they should have gone in the first place. Instead of letting it go these vindictive homosexual bullies intentionally and deliberately took it upon themselves to punish the Wildflower Inn for having beliefs they don’t like and if they could put them out of business they would happily do so.

Thanks to these little “darlings” nobody can have a wedding reception there anymore. They obviously are savoring their victory and proud of what they accomplished.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:21 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
wanting to stay at a hotel makes you a bully?
Needlessly taking punitive action and financially punishing the Wildflower Inn makes them bullies. They should have taken their business elsewhere to a homosexual friendly establishment, which is what they wound up doing, and let it go at that. The Wildflower Inn did not have to be sued.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,755 times
It would be much more logical to just ban all same-sex marriages in the first place, then no-one would have to worry about being sued/fined etc..

Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Religious freedom, means nothing in this nation.

The right of religion and being able to express your 1st amendment, has been replaced with the right from religion, and silence all religion, except the chosen one... aka, King George.
Apparently too many people don't know what the meaning of Freedom of Religion is. The business owners are not being denied the right to practice their religion. They are, however, using their business in a manner that is in violation of state law.

Freedom of Religion does not give you free reign to break Federal and State law. Otherwise, everybody could just make up their own religion that says, "Stealing is a tenant of my religion, and therefore the State is denying me my first amendment rights by not allowing me to be a thief".

You people just hate the law when it rules in favor of something you hate (gays). Has nothing to do with Freedom of Religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies