Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times

Advertisements

We don't know what is going on in the mind's of the owners. They may feel like the whole world is going to Hell, and they want no part of Gay weddings. And they may be perfectly happy with that choice.

On hiring Gay folks...this one young woman came to an interview, and we all liked her...she was hired, did an excellent job. She came to the company Christmas party with a female friend, fine. She lives with her, fine. I really don't care. She requested benefits for her "partner", fine, go to HR...then, her performance appraisal...she had some things to improve on, like most people. Rather than accept constructive information as a tool for self improvement, she goes all "lesbian" and states her appraisal is "unfair", because she is gay.

Really...get over yourself. That is what annoys me about gay folks....they take everything as "discrimination".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 02:36 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
We don't know what is going on in the mind's of the owners. They may feel like the whole world is going to Hell, and they want no part of Gay weddings. And they may be perfectly happy with that choice.

On hiring Gay folks...this one young woman came to an interview, and we all liked her...she was hired, did an excellent job. She came to the company Christmas party with a female friend, fine. She lives with her, fine. I really don't care. She requested benefits for her "partner", fine, go to HR...then, her performance appraisal...she had some things to improve on, like most people. Rather than accept constructive information as a tool for self improvement, she goes all "lesbian" and states her appraisal is "unfair", because she is gay.

Really...get over yourself. That is what annoys me about gay folks....they take everything as "discrimination".
Perfectly put!

Old 09-02-2012, 02:40 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I have already made my point. Refer to my original post. For some unknown reason, you started asking me about my small business. I answered your question, although clearly your inquiries have nothing to do with the OP. Try to stay on topic.
Your reply, NT, simply confirms my position. You answered some things...but not in any way that made any sense.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Refused to pay? They agreed to pay! They made the deal because they undoubtedly got advice from their lawyers that they would be found to have violated the law and would be at risk of greater damages if they went forward.

maybe they should have gotten a different lawyer. have them countersue the lesbian couple for violation of their own civil rights.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
maybe they should have gotten a different lawyer. have them countersue the lesbian couple for violation of their own civil rights.
Actually, any suit should be against the state.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, any suit should be against the state.

so sue them too, but countersue the lesbian couple for violating the businesses civil rights.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,991 times
Quote:
so sue them too, but countersue the lesbian couple for violating the businesses civil rights.
Do you realize how much money i woukd cost? Well beyond 30 grand they spend settling the suit. Government is the biggest bully in the world.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:26 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
They would be laughed out of court...They broke the law, not the couple, so they had no case.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:45 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,605,527 times
I interviewed a man for a job once. Somehow, it came out in the interview that he was a homosexual. It wasn't obvious to me so I was a bit surprised. This was for an outside sales position. He was a good candidate, but I told him that I had earned the wrath of the homosexual activist community in town for refusing to print literature for them, and that the position would require that his "orientation" not be disclosed to prospects, existing customers, or employees. He told me he respected my views but that he wouldn't feel comfortable working in this environment. We shook hands, parted ways, and remained on friendly terms, as we ran into each other in the business community from time to time.

It's amazing what reasonable people can accomplish without hatred or acrimony.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:11 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I interviewed a man for a job once. Somehow, it came out in the interview that he was a homosexual. It wasn't obvious to me so I was a bit surprised. This was for an outside sales position. He was a good candidate, but I told him that I had earned the wrath of the homosexual activist community in town for refusing to print literature for them, and that the position would require that his "orientation" not be disclosed to prospects, existing customers, or employees. He told me he respected my views but that he wouldn't feel comfortable working in this environment. We shook hands, parted ways, and remained on friendly terms, as we ran into each other in the business community from time to time.

It's amazing what reasonable people can accomplish without hatred or acrimony.
Yes, that gay man was reasonable, as most of them are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies