Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 PM

8,888 posts, read 5,368,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Certainly. But after 2000 not much was done to prevent it.... Bush owns the wars, economic downturn and debt that happened under his watch up until Obama was inaugurated, to which Obama owns it after that.
My sister is in great danger of losing her home, and I'm sure it's all Bush's fault. Yep, he demanded she and her husband buy a home they couldn't afford.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's BO's fault .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
My sister is in great danger of losing her home, and I'm sure it's all Bush's fault. Yep, he demanded she and her husband buy a home they couldn't afford.

Not everything is due to the government. Banking institutions make their own decisions too.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Since you asked so politely... No.
So you can't. That's what I thought.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nothing Bush did approaches what Democrats did as soon as they gained control of Congress in 2007.

In the years before Pelosi and Reid took control, Bush deficits were $157 bn , $377 bn, $412 bn, $318 bn, $248 bn and $160 bn.

After Democrats took control, the deficits increased to $458 bn, then exceeded a trillion dollars every year thereafter and all while refusing to pass a budget.

Trying to blame the Democrat's spending on Bush or even Congressional Republicans is absolutely effin' hilarious!
Bush haters and reality never meet.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Not everything is due to the government. Banking institutions make their own decisions too.
Absolutely, that mean old bank snatched her up and beat her until she signed that form.

It is also the state of Florida's fault.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So what do you think Florida would have liked to elect, sir?
That one's already been decided.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 PM

185 posts, read 159,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Put another way, is Bush responsible for our national debt being this high by getting us into two unfunded wars and cutting taxes at the same time? Sounds like a form of voodoo economics to me, but I sometimes speculate on what direction this country would have gone with 8 years of Gore rather than George W. "I'm a war president! I'm a war president! I'm a war president!" Bush.
To quote your opening post:
"Would We Have Averted a 16 Trillion-Dollar National Debt If Bush Had Never Been "Elected"

Its hard to say for sure, however given the fact the precedent was started by Reagan's administration and by the GOP( the party of fiscal responsibility), it made it easier and justifiable for Bush and Cheney to run deficits. Yet in an odd way, it allows for Obama and crew to add nitro boosters to Bush's accelerator. He came in with the bandwagon that he was different from Bush and was going to 'fix' things...

Old 08-25-2012, 10:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post

I know plenty of Cons in here would say no one forced her to buy a home she couldn't afford, it was just made easier to afford more than what she could afford thanks to both parties and the failure to create a program that monitored everything and to make sure junk loans were being prevented.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Put another way, is Bush responsible for our national debt being this high by getting us into two unfunded wars and cutting taxes at the same time? Sounds like a form of voodoo economics to me, but I sometimes speculate on what direction this country would have gone with 8 years of Gore rather than George W. "I'm a war president! I'm a war president! I'm a war president!" Bush.
You are a poor soul. One of the Bush wars has been declared over and Obama declared Afghanistan to be hi war when he sent many thousands less troops to make the big push to end that one. Actually you are sounding like you have been affected by some of the Democrat crap they throw around.

Anyway, Bush had about $5 trillion of debt added on in 8 years and Obama has added on all of $5 trillion in 3 1/2 years. I don't think you are seeing beyond all the Obama campaign crap at all. You do know that he has been on the campaign trail for over 1 1/2 years now, don't you?

Oh well, I can't get past your erected lib shield in front of you brain so have at it.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It would have been something with Gore also. Obama could have stopped the reckless spending but he didn't. We weren't 16 trillion in debt when Bush left.

Bush will go down as a failed president but there is no reason to believe that the financial mess wouldn't have been as bad if not worse under Gore. Gore would have still undertook some sort of war policy.
Gore would have instigated Cap and Trade and all the green crap before Obama came along, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies