Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,139,188 times

Advertisements

Let me preface this by saying that a two-party system can function correctly and serve its citizens only when there are two viable parties. If we reach the point I anticipate, we will all be in trouble.

The GOP not only has to count out nearly all black voters but are also essentially counting out any significant number of Hispanics. With the demographic changes in this country, how in the world can the GOP continue on this track? I'll tell you how, they can't afford to **** off the one constituency with whom their message resonates: Middle-aged white guys. If they take some kind of sensible position, a la Dubya, on immigration, they'll **** off the angry white guys. Now, combine the lack of any appeal to blacks and Hispanics and combine that with their consistent ability to irritate educated women, and you have a remarkably poor recipe for electoral success. Mind you, women are increasingly educated and taking spots previously occupied by men, who are becoming less common in colleges. Someone please tell me there is some grand plan here, beyond the geniuses who think Marco Rubio or Condi are going to change all this by being a candidate at some point.

These people are clueless. The funny thing is that there are some within the party, including Dubs and his brother, who knew this all along. Now you're stuck with it. Keep going with "Anchor babies!" "New Black Panthers with guns!" "The queers are coming!" "No abortions for rape/incest victims!" and all the other gems. You'll undoubtedly be winning national elections for election-after-election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 09:16 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,843,611 times
Business models don't make money nor go broke.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,507,100 times
I can't tell you on here what I think about the Democratic platform. I would be banned. Immoral trash comes to mind.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Business models don't make money nor go broke.
Borders disagrees with you. Best Buy might, as well.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I can't tell you on here what I think about the Democratic platform. I would be banned. Immoral trash comes to mind.
Precisely. This is exactly what I was saying, the GOP platform is created to appeal to angry, middle-aged white guys. I've already conceded the GOP has done a splendid job catering to you. The problem for your party is that there are going to be less and less of you in the future. How is it positioning itself to appeal to everyone else who is not an angry, middle-aged white guy?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,575,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You just proved the OP's point with your post. And calling other people "immoral trash" is hardly a sign of good morals.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,139,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Let me preface this by saying that a two-party system can function correctly and serve its citizens only when there are two viable parties. If we reach the point I anticipate, we will all be in trouble.

The GOP not only has to count out nearly all black voters but are also essentially counting out any significant number of Hispanics. With the demographic changes in this country, how in the world can the GOP continue on this track? I'll tell you how, they can't afford to **** off the one constituency with whom their message resonates: Middle-aged white guys. If they take some kind of sensible position, a la Dubya, on immigration, they'll **** off the angry white guys. Now, combine the lack of any appeal to blacks and Hispanics and combine that with their consistent ability to irritate educated women, and you have a remarkably poor recipe for electoral success. Mind you, women are increasingly educated and taking spots previously occupied by men, who are becoming less common in colleges. Someone please tell me there is some grand plan here, beyond the geniuses who think Marco Rubio or Condi are going to change all this by being a candidate at some point.

These people are clueless. The funny thing is that there are some within the party, including Dubs and his brother, who knew this all along. Now you're stuck with it. Keep going with "Anchor babies!" "New Black Panthers with guns!" "The queers are coming!" "No abortions for rape/incest victims!" and all the other gems. You'll undoubtedly be winning national elections for election-after-election.
Your title might suck in some libs but you talked about the GOP platform and then didn't mention one thing that is in it. Do you know what the main reason for having the conventions is this year. Why selection of a platform, of course. Now since the only thing the GOP has done in that area is have a committee work out a rough draft and they won't be voting on it till next week you have inserted all the Democrat talking points that you knew and claimed that they belonged to the GOP.

I will have to say that you know very little about politics other than what Obama campaigners have told you. Maybe you should study up on it soon, just for the hell of it.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,139,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You just proved the OP's point with your post. And calling other people "immoral trash" is hardly a sign of good morals.
I think you have misread a post and cut loose. The poster said the Democrat platform is immoral trash and said nothing about Democrats, individually. Keep trying to support your uninformed members and you will end up looking as stupid as they act.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,279,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

Good screed, but where is the part about the platform? I had my reply all ready, namely that platforms are just a way to keep the more anal retentive of party activists occupied. Platforms don't have much to do with actual legislation. But then when I read your screed, there was nothing about the GOP platform....

Old 08-25-2012, 10:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,575,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you have misread a post and cut loose. The poster said the Democrat platform is immoral trash and said nothing about Democrats, individually.
Split hairs all you like, Roy. People practicing good morals don't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Keep trying to support your uninformed members and you will end up looking as stupid as they act.
More conservative morals in action. Very nice, Roy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies