Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
ST. PETERSBURG — Two suspected protesters were arrested after they were found playing with a BB gun atop a downtown parking garage, authorities said.

They also found several items indicating the people were protesters, including antigovernment T-shirts and a backpack stuffed with a large machete, a pocketknife, tin snips and a pry tool, Puetz said.

The backpack belonged to Trevor Swanson, 19, of St. Petersburg, who is prohibited from having weapons because of a domestic violence injunction.

Police said the other man on the roof, Kyle Shaw, 21, had a BB gun in his waistband.

Authorities also found bandanas, black gloves and a putty that Swanson admitted was for securing a mask, police said.
Quote:
Oct. 6, 2011 - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi "God bless them for their spontaneity. It's independent, it's young, it's spontaneous, and it's focused. And it's going to be effective."
St. Petersburg sees first RNC-related arrests after men found on downtown rooftop with weapons - Tampa Bay Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 06:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
19 and 21 are pretty young to have such extreme political emotions if this was politically motivated.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
What does the Pelosi quote have to do with this incident, OP?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Let me get this straight.

A couple of Occupy-Wherever types are found playing in a garage with a BB gun, an you want us to believe that this is RNC-related violence with dangerous weapons???

I am starting to realize, that I underestimated just how desperate and disconnected the Liberals are getting as their November landslide loss approaches.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Let me get this straight.

A couple of Occupy-Wherever types are found playing in a garage with a BB gun, an you want us to believe that this is RNC-related violence with dangerous weapons???

I am starting to realize, that I underestimated just how desperate and disconnected the Liberals are getting as their November landslide loss approaches.
I believe MrClose is on your side. He's the one who attempted to inflate a silly incident involving 2 kids, a BB gun, and a parking garage in a city next to Tampa into the next domestic terrorism threat to the GOTP.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
19 and 21 are pretty young to have such extreme political emotions if this was politically motivated.
If we can send a 19 and 21 year old kids to war and kids even younger can shoot up schools, then they are old enough (and still foolish enough) to get extreme about politics. It's prudent to look into an incident involving a 19 and 21 year old who got themselves reported for having guns on a parking ramp in Florida. There is a terrorist alert in place for both the conventions involving infrastructure. What was the authorities suppose to do, just ignore them? It would have been a practice run for the real thing in a few days.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I believe MrClose is on your side. He's the one who attempted to inflate a silly incident involving 2 kids, a BB gun, and a parking garage in a city next to Tampa into the next domestic terrorism threat to the GOTP.
That's how paranoid some of these people are. Even when someone is on their side, they can't see it. They need meds.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If we can send a 19 and 21 year old kids to war and kids even younger can shoot up schools, then they are old enough (and still foolish enough) to get extreme about politics. It's prudent to look into an incident involving a 19 and 21 year old who got themselves reported for having guns on a parking ramp in Florida. There is a terrorist alert in place for both the conventions involving infrastructure. What was the authorities suppose to do, just ignore them? It would have been a practice run for the real thing in a few days.
But BB gun bullets can't go from St Pete to Tampa so how is this an RNC related event ?
Having a BB gun now gets you listed as a domestic terrorist ?

Why wasn't this just classified as criminal mischief ?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
After reading the article I suspect they were planning some type of robbery and got caught. Would have been stupid though to try and rob a place of business in Florida of all places with a BB gun. Here let me show you my gun Mr dumbass robber. Bang!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But BB gun bullets can't go from St Pete to Tampa so how is this an RNC related event ?
Having a BB gun now gets you listed as a domestic terrorist ?

Why wasn't this just classified as criminal mischief ?
You should probably tell the St. Petersburg powers that be about the range of a bb gun. Oh, wait! They seem to think a lot of the convention goers will be staying in their town and using their public transportation and conference rooms, etc.

2012 Republican National Convention (RNC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies