Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
The way I see it either you are a warrior or you are a pacifist.
Ok you plow I carry the sword.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Looking from China's perspective, the US already has the capability of striking China with many warheads and has a recent history of invading/occupying other nations for little/no reason.

Gee, WHY would China think about enhancing their military capability?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Slackjaw, I am just goophin man......... There is no way the commie rat bstards will nuke us or anyone else. Nukes no longer make sense. They are just too much over kill in a world with limited resources.

Back at the end of WW-2 no one got it....... We look back and say Oh Oh OMG look at what we did! But i have a few antique slides with my friggin family members just standin' out there watching the first test bombs go off. There are outdoors just miles from ground 0. Do you think if they really knew, they would just be standing in the GI fatigues?

If any Govt is fool enough to start slingin A bombs around we'er all gonna die...... The days of say 'we' launch one or two are long gone, history is all we have left to look back on and history will be all have to look forward to if we as a global people shoot the dammed things off.

Silly man kind will just have to make due with lesser weapons so long as he maintains silly notions of Borders, Money, Power and Greed.

When silly man stops that nonsense I will to, but in the mean time I will remain armed.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't believe that the next world war will start from an incident in the middle east. We must look to the China Sea for that. China is building a fairly impressive miltary to include nuclear armed warheads that can be launched from ICBM's and submarines. There is a fairly good chance that they will be able to hit the U.S. with nuclear warheads.

Of course, China says that they are for Defense rather than offense. I am sure that they will claim that when they launch them as well. They say they are building their defense to protect against U.S. aggression. They can't really believe that the U.S. would attack them. That is unless they were the aggressors against their neighbors. If they attack Japan or South Korea, then we will have another World War.

MissileThreat :: China’s Missile Advances Aimed at Thwarting U.S. Defenses, Analysts Say
I find that development a good thing. China is filling Russia's former role, so the US and China will keep each other at bay. The US has strayed so far from being a good example that I don't want that US dominance of world politics. Why shouldn't China do what the US has been doing for quite a while now? The old notion that the US is the good guy and everyone opposing it the bad guy is totally obsolete.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
I don't believe that the next world war will start from an incident in the middle east. We must look to the China Sea for that. China is building a fairly impressive miltary to include nuclear armed warheads that can be launched from ICBM's and submarines. There is a fairly good chance that they will be able to hit the U.S. with nuclear warheads.

Of course, China says that they are for Defense rather than offense. I am sure that they will claim that when they launch them as well. They say they are building their defense to protect against U.S. aggression. They can't really believe that the U.S. would attack them. That is unless they were the aggressors against their neighbors. If they attack Japan or South Korea, then we will have another World War.

MissileThreat :: China’s Missile Advances Aimed at Thwarting U.S. Defenses, Analysts Say
We're threatened more by Chinese imports. They've killed our pets, poisoned our children, and at every turn they have proven that their food exports are not to be trusted.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You started a thread talking about there being a good chance China could hit the US with nuclear weapons, when it is a fact that they already can and have been able to for years.

Then you are talking about a WW3 starting point over local territorial disputes, when nuclear weapons would have little use in such a scenario.

Then you are claiming that China has nuclear weapons to keep the US from intervening, as if in some regional conflict China would make a threat of nuclear attack on the US and in term be wiped out by a nuclear arsenal far larger and more capable.

Then you are talking about China being willing to lose millions in a war, apparently oblivious to China's lack of force projection capability. They couldn't get a million soldiers anywhere, this isn't a war on mainland China.

You can believe whatever you want but you are obviously very poorly informed on this and have as a result drawn some stupid conclusions.
China needs oil so they'll get it by threatening the US with nuclear weapons so they can take a Scarborough Shoal by force? Lol.

Pointless fear mongering thread with current international scary bad guy, China.
It is clear that you have a difficult time with reading comprehension. I never said that China would get oil by threatening the U.S. They could get the oil by taking Islands by force in the China Sea, which could draw the U.S. into a conflict. I made it more simple for you to understand.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:19 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
It is clear that you have a difficult time with reading comprehension. I never said that China would get oil by threatening the U.S.
Hah apparently you can't comprehend what you just wrote:

"They need oil. There are disputed islands that have it and they want it. No doubt they will fight for it. "

"The nuclear weapons are there to keep the U.S. from intervening in what they believe belongs to them. "

Sad I need to connect your own train of thought like that, but you clearly implied a threat of nuclear weapons to keep the US from intervening since China will fight for the disputed islands since they need oil. Kinda slow eh?

Quote:
They could get the oil by taking Islands by force in the China Sea, which could draw the U.S. into a conflict. I made it more simple for you to understand.
You didn't make it simple, you made yet another retarded thread filled with poor conclusions and outright incorrect facts. Congrats.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septuagenarian View Post
Sorry---I disagree that they will fight over oil or anything else unless they are attacked. And who would attack them?

Yes indeed, there is absolutely no way a large nation would EVER start a war with another sovereign nation over oil.....

Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Hah apparently you can't comprehend what you just wrote:

"They need oil. There are disputed islands that have it and they want it. No doubt they will fight for it. "

"The nuclear weapons are there to keep the U.S. from intervening in what they believe belongs to them. "

Sad I need to connect your own train of thought like that, but you clearly implied a threat of nuclear weapons to keep the US from intervening since China will fight for the disputed islands since they need oil. Kinda slow eh?

You didn't make it simple, you made yet another retarded thread filled with poor conclusions and outright incorrect facts. Congrats.
I Did not imply. You inferred. I can't help the way that your brain is wired. Not my problem.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
I Did not imply. You inferred. I can't help the way that your brain is wired. Not my problem.
Hah you are great at back pedaling, every play cornerback? Nah when you talked about China building new nuclear weapons to keep the US away those weapons aren't a threat. Nah. Lol.

Oh btw China has been able to hit the US with ICMBs for years. Since apparently you didn't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies