Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hate to burst your bubble but I have never been, and I do not know anyone that has, asked for their college transcripts, all I have even been asked for where I got my degree, they can check whether or not it is real and that is all they need. Never been asked what my GPA was either, guess they don;t really care what I did 30 years ago but are very interested in what I have done lately.

Now if you are going to be someone that can raise taxes on ALL Americans I would say releasing your own tax records, as is custom, would be something that would be of great interest to all voters.
Apply for a position in education and they will want your transcripts attached to that application.
Doesn't matter that have a BS degree and have been working in industry 20+ years, they seem to treat anyone who applies as a first time hire out of college. Yes, they want transcripts with GPA numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Since you think that the American people are the President's employer, why don't you go to the White House and demand to see whatever records you want to see. Let us know how that works out for you.
I am demanding - and if my demands are not met I will vote to fire the president - just as my employer could do if I did not provide information that they wished to see as a condition of employment.

There is no need for me to personally go to the White House - the corporate will of the people has already been made known.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Apply for a position in education and they will want your transcripts attached to that application.
Doesn't matter that have a BS degree and have been working in industry 20+ years, they seem to treat anyone who applies as a first time hire out of college. Yes, they want transcripts with GPA numbers.
Hmmm, not my field and that would make sense since it is a related field. That said, I highly doubt Harrier is an educator of any sort and I have heard of no other sector that does this.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I hate to break this to you but you are living a fantasy.
The President does not serve the people; he serves the elite class and world banking interests who control the White House along with the rest of government.
In reality, there is no accountability to the people by government; because the people are simply peasants who are deceived into thinking they have some say in their lives.
Do you really think your vote matters? Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?
IMO campaigns matter more so than an individual vote.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The following was posted in another thread(now closed) as an argument as to why President Obama is not required to make his college transcripts public.

The problem with that reasoning is that being POTUS is quite unlike any other job. When a president is elected - that person is hired to do a job - and the hiring personnel are you and I.

It is true that only an individual can release their own transcripts - but an employer can require them as a hiring precondition. As the people who make the hiring decision - we as voters can request that a candidate release their records if they wish to get our vote.

Also - since he voters are the public - as well as those who hire the president - releasing the transcripts to the public would not be an issue.
I have no desire to see his transcripts but I sure would like to see his enrollment forms from Occidental. I care not what grades he got that would be all his transcripts would show, but I sure would like to see what nationality he signed up as.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I consider transcripts, tax returns, and health records to be private information. I'm a lot more interested in their political philosophies and current positions on the issues.
So you don't agree with the Democrats about Romney's tax returns. I guess you must not be as much of a leaner as sometimes appears to be the case.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble but I have never been, and I do not know anyone that has, asked for their college transcripts, all I have even been asked for where I got my degree, they can check whether or not it is real and that is all they need. Never been asked what my GPA was either, guess they don;t really care what I did 30 years ago but are very interested in what I have done lately.

Now if you are going to be someone that can raise taxes on ALL Americans I would say releasing your own tax records, as is custom, would be something that would be of great interest to all voters.
So you don't think an employer should be concerned about the nation you use as your home when you enroll? Of course, you don't know that transcripts and enrollment forms aren't the same thing. Since I was born in this nation and my Army records indicate such I guess no school I worked for bothered to go back any further than that.

I really care about Obama's enrollment forms at Occidental and since he said that when a man hides anything about his past he must have something to hide I think he may well have something to hide. We gave him a pass not the BC and after coming up with one that didn't work he finally came up with the one that all you people talk about and although I don't seem to be convinced that Arpaio is wrong about some things on it I would much rather see those enrollment forms. If he lied about his nationality on them to get money he performed an act of fraud and is a criminal. We need those things before he is coronated that one final time, I think.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I've been asked for my transcripts.
Well yeah, but you aren't over 50 yet either. Times change and some people don't know that.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
By whom? I have worked for most of the major Telecom and Defense Manufacturers and not one has ever asked for my transcripts, heck even getting my Top Secret Clearance required me to provide them.
You just let the cat out of the bag, it seems. Maybe you didn't mean what you said, though.

My Top Secret in the Army in the middle 50s didn't ask me for anything, but the FBI people were in my high school town and college town. I really don't know what they asked of people, though.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:21 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So you don't agree with the Democrats about Romney's tax returns. I guess you must not be as much of a leaner as sometimes appears to be the case.

I'm more left than most democrats, and I don't agree with them on Romney's tax returns.

If he releases them and there's something fraudulent on there, then yes, pursue that line of thought. Until then, it's a non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies