Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True - but the point of this thread is to remind people that they hired the man and they have the power to fire him as well.

If they want to make showing certain documents a pre-condition of employment - they may do so.
Absolutely, and there is no arguing that particular point. However, I think it's ridiculous to make private documents a requirement to reveal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just let the cat out of the bag, it seems. Maybe you didn't mean what you said, though.

My Top Secret in the Army in the middle 50s didn't ask me for anything, but the FBI people were in my high school town and college town. I really don't know what they asked of people, though.
LOL. It was a mis-speak (typing one thing while thinking another), I never had to show them for my clearance either. My first TS was done by the NSA because I was born outside the US and had relatives that had been in a communist country, that was common in the cold war days. I know about their investigation because some people that I kept in touch with did say they had been by and asked questions, the questions were more on what they thought of my character and so on, they all said the men had ZERO sense of humor, which if you ever met one you know is true. Good to know you are paying attention.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I know that under old British political structure that a Prime Minister is the first servant to the people..That he or she is an employee of the people and a servant to the Crown...Not sure about a President though. I would say that the job of a President is to preside over the governmental assembly. The second part of the meaning would be to sit in front..to guard or protect that assembly...His capacity could be in the protection of the government from foreign force or influence...Or to protect the assembly from domestic threat...That does not really make him an employee of the people, nor a servant of the people.

The representatives who are elected by the people are the employees of the people..The glitch may lay in the fact that the president may have the power to block the people from having power over their employees..who are the assembly..I just wonder how it works...Does the assembly request of their presiding guard ...the President..to block the will of the people...if they see fit? It's a strange system...it was more clear under the old British system..The Crown would instruct the Prime Minister...Now with out a King or Queen..who has ultimate power? OR has the system become so convoluted and complex that projection of power is restrained to the point of static?
As long as we still have our Constitution of the United States of America you can find the powers and duties of the President listed in Article 2, sections 2 and 3 of the document. I hope we don't lose the document but do know that many want to do away with it especially concerning the powers and duties of the President.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
However, I think it's ridiculous to make private documents a requirement to reveal.
Your opinion is noted.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Nothing.

Since you think that the American people are the President's employer, why don't you go to the White House and demand to see whatever records you want to see. Let us know how that works out for you.
What if Harrier's name shows up on the President's "kill list"? Do you think he can get in.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, that is a very radical view, and would create total chaos.
Is it really radical to want to see his enrollment records at Occidental? I don't think they are part of his transcript and many don't realize that. Have I ever seen you arguing about those records? I didn't think so.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Too bad that like the modern CEO, the ones who "employ" him no longer have the slightest control over what he does.
Have you read Article II, sections 2 and 3 lately? You don't sound like you have or you think he has killed the Constitution already. Which is it?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it really radical to want to see his enrollment records at Occidental? I don't think they are part of his transcript and many don't realize that. Have I ever seen you arguing about those records? I didn't think so.
Not radical, but it is none of our business.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Hang in there, kid. You are right except that you used transcript when you should have said enrollment forms at Occidental. The leaners avoid that topic every time because they fear there may be something in there that may open him up.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Apply for a position in education and they will want your transcripts attached to that application.
Doesn't matter that have a BS degree and have been working in industry 20+ years, they seem to treat anyone who applies as a first time hire out of college. Yes, they want transcripts with GPA numbers.
Two of us have tried to tell him that but since I am one of them he won't believe you either. I know from having been a principal that we had to have proof that we took certain classes in order to teach them but none of the leaners will believe that.

Hell, one school forced me to teach Algebra to freshmen one year although all I had on the transcript was one couse of College Algebra and one that involved statistics. Illegal as hell, but they got by with it, one year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies