Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Tell me again how the Iranians are the savages?

Shas spiritual leader calls on Jews to pray for annihilation of Iran - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

This party hold 4 cabinet posts in the ruling government.

"In the past, the Baghdad-born Yosef has stirred controversy by likening Palestinians to snakes, calling for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to "perish from this world" and describing non-Jews as "born only to serve us".

Exact quote:

“When we say ‘may our enemies be struck down’ on Rosh Hashana, it shall be directed at Iran, the evil ones who threaten Israel. God shall strike them down and kill them,”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 03:15 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
The Iranians have called for similar strikes from God for Israel. In the case of the Iranians, the religious zealots rule the country. In the case of the Israelis, the religious zealots only wield influence over the rulers of the country.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The Iranians have called for similar strikes from God for Israel. In the case of the Iranians, the religious zealots rule the country. In the case of the Israelis, the religious zealots only wield influence over the rulers of the country.
Please supply a credible link to the Iranian government threatening to strike Israel. While I've heard of them claiming they wouild live to see the destruction of Israel, that's not exactly the same as claiming they will strike.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Oh look a Padcrasher post.

We could all write one.

Step 1: Start with an inflammatory story designed to portary Israelis as Worst People EVER.

Step 2: Make excuses for Islamic extremism.

Step 3: Compare Israelis / Jews to Nazis / Thugs / Racists / Savages

Step 4: Accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being an Israeli Firster with no loyalty to the United States.

Repeat over and over and over again until many people ignore you.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:37 PM

385 posts, read 358,109 times
"In world war 2, over 60 million people lost their lives, they were all human beings, why is it that only a select group of those that were killed have become so prominent and important?"

Iran's leader Ahmadinejad

I think he raises a reasonable question.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:38 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please supply a credible link to the Iranian government threatening to strike Israel. While I've heard of them claiming they wouild live to see the destruction of Israel, that's not exactly the same as claiming they will strike.
I did not realize that a call to pray for a strike is official Israeli policy. I'll be sure to understand that next time a Jewish Rabbi calls for prayers.

Rhetoric on both sides is intense and you can't say that innocent, little Iran is one of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:40 PM

385 posts, read 358,109 times
Quote:
I did not realize that a call to pray for a strike is official Israeli policy. I'll be sure to understand that next time a Jewish Rabbi calls for prayers.

Rhetoric on both sides is intense and you can't say that innocent, little Iran is one of the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Iran has no interest in pacifying the globalists so they will probably be run over when it suits them best.

They probably aren't going to do it before the 2012 election because of the huge oil price spike that could come from war.

If the globalists secure Syria, they can create a oil pipeline which will lessen the effect on oil price in case of war with Iran.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Untrue.

The threats from Israel come almost weekly. I could literally list dozens of these threats from leaders in their government over the last year.

Additionally, the story about the Iranian PM saying, years ago, they would wipe Israel off the map is bogus.

AND

He's not the head of the country either.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:44 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

I think all the countries in the region are full of crap and US interests would best be served by telling them so and removing itself from the region.

BTW, my apologies, rereading your post I see you said they've called for strikes by God. I do however often see allegations that they have threatened to strike without God's assistance and have yet to see a credible link to that. Khrushchev once threatened to bury us, by the logic of the current war drum beaters we should have attacked for mere words, fortunately there was more common sense in government at the time.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Of course, when a Iranian PM (not the real leader of the country) gives a partisan speech to supporters, years ago, mildly boasting to the audience in Farsi that the "brutal israeli regime would be erased from pages of time". That vague statement is blown out of proportion, his denials of him being misquoted ignored. He's saying he wishes to live in peace with Israel ignored.

Then you come here trying to minimize what a Israeli ruling coalition party's spiritual leader feels free to say.

Are you seriously saying that this guy will lose support for his statement? ....LOL

Did he lose support for saying I should serve his interest because I'm was born a non-jew?

He feels free to say these things because Israeli society is, in general, sympathetic to him.

Last edited by padcrasher; 08-26-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies