U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were the Chick-fil-A protests a complete failure?
Yes 61 74.39%
No 21 25.61%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:13 PM

8,562 posts, read 11,798,407 times

Advertisements

Was the Chick-fil-A protests a complete failure?
It seems like all the various groups and political officials who protested against Chick-fil-A or did not allow them in their cities (like mayors from Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.) so that Chick-fil-A could lose business seems to have backfired. Business seems to be booming for Chic-fil-A despite the controversy. Now looking back at it can we now say that the Chick-fil-A protests were a complete failure?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 05:16 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,092,185 times
Basically.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:20 PM

6,236 posts, read 9,028,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Was the Chick-fil-A protests a complete failure?
It seems like all the various groups and political officials who protested against Chick-fil-A or did not allow them in their cities (like mayors from Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.) so that Chick-fil-A could lose business seems to have backfired. Business seems to be booming for Chic-fil-A despite the controversy. Now looking back at it can we now say that the Chick-fil-A protests were a complete failure?
The Chick Fil-A protests were a complete joke--for both sides...and everyone got all caught up in the latest culture war sideshow. Perhaps Gays and Evangelicals could accomplish their goals much more meaningfully than by politicizing a chicken sandwich.

Rediculous and stupid.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:22 PM

8,348 posts, read 6,624,127 times
I'll repeat what I said:

No, it wasn't a failure.

Considering how it's still going on.

That's the thing. The boycotts weren't meant to be a one or two day issue, it's a lifetime thing. On the other side of the coin, those of us who boycott CFA, fully support those who still choose to eat there, although I understand the counter-protest was in response to the stupidity of cities banning CFAs from opening.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,149,490 times
You're exaggerating the goals of protestors. A few in government spouted off some claim about stopping them from building, but quickly backed off the next day.

The World is moving forward. If you want to purposely buy chick filet products to stick it to the gays, or punch the hippies, go for it.

Your kind is going the way of the dinosaur.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 PM

26,684 posts, read 27,112,864 times
No, they weren't a complete failure. Anything that gets people thinking about freedom and liberty is a good thing. The protests made people think about the fact that Chick-fil-A is well within its rights to speak out against same-sex marriage, and that same-sex marriage supporters are well within their rights to speak up in favor of it. It really was a win-win, when you look at it that way.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:31 PM

13,893 posts, read 12,771,034 times
Yes, the boycott/protest was a failure. I say that because many, many people went to CFA for the first time and will go back because the food is good. It's a huge win for CFA. Far more people protested the protesters and will now be repeat customers.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:33 PM

8,348 posts, read 6,624,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, the boycott/protest was a failure. I say that because many, many people went to CFA for the first time and will go back because the food is good. It's a huge win for CFA. Far more people protested the protesters and will now be repeat customers.
And the protest was never about stopping everyone from going to CFA.

It was never about putting CFA out of business.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM

200 posts, read 154,819 times
Of course it was a complete failure. The whole anti-gay is a complete failure. Life has a liberal bias towards inclusion, not exclusion.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:36 PM

9,368 posts, read 24,064,438 times
I love Chik-Fil-A. When I did fast food, that was my place. Every time we traveled, we went to CFA- I know which exits to take on the interstate on the way out of FL- LOL! But now I won't go there anymore.

The founder of the company has the right to speak out against what he opposes. I realize the franchise owners may not share his beliefs, but, IMO, they knew or should have known his leanings before buying into the franchise.

So, yes, I think the protest worked. I knew that CFA was a Christian-based company, but when the owner got in the hate game publicly, my family stopped eating at their restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies