Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
No, just honesty.

As opposed to the fake absolute conviction of the pro-aborts whose conclusions are never tentative and always predetermined.

The pro-life movement has nothing to lose no matter what the truth of the matter is. Abortion is wrong no matter how the child is conceived. The pro-aborts, on the other hand, rely heavily on the propaganda value of rape pregnancies and must have "studies" to inflate the problem.
"Very likely" is conjecture. "May have conflated" is conjecture.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Ok, I read some of the Popular Science link and found that we have at least 1/20th of rapes result in pregnancy. i can handle the 5% but don't see that it is as significant as the report says. Actually I doubt it is an underestimation as the "researcher" said. Hell, I don't know but I question Popular Science getting involved that soon in this one. Yep, that is an example of my bumper sticker that says "I don't' believe the liberal media." I do wonder why that publication got involved less than a week after the man opened his mouth.

found that 5 percent of rapes in females of reproductive age resulted in pregnancy, amounting to an estimated 32,101 rape-related pregnancies per year in the U.S. Even that astounding number was a "significant underestimation,

Did you notice the number of times that Discovery News said that information was coming from blogs? Check that out since blogs tend to write things that uphold their agendas no matter which side they are on.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
... your opinion that rape does not result in pregnancy. If this is how you sleep at night, then knock yourself out.
"your opinion that rape does not result in pregnancy". I'd like to know how you sleep at night while telling such lies all day.

Par for the course with you and the fanatical right-to-kill lobby. Lie, obfuscate, and avoid rational argument. Pretend there's "years of research" to support your position. Link to multiple articles referencing the same hopelessly flawed research as proof. Insult anyone who disagrees. That sums up the majority of responses in this thread.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will have to comment on some of what you say in defense of what Obama said.

In defending him everybody talks about roads, fire departments, schools, bridges, etc. Now go ahead and try to defend him but the US government does none of those things. Oh yes they did kick in some of the price of the Interstate highway system but forced the states to pay for about half of it. The US does not and never has run any schools. the states and local governments do that. I am sure the US didn't hire that great teacher of pay him, either. No, the federal government did none of those things and that is what Obama wants us to think. No matter how you interpret his words they didn't provide most of those things. They may have kicked in some money but they didn't do any of those things like you are trying to say.

OK, I will give you the internet, up to a point. However, when you talk about computers you have to admit that most businesses of the bigger type were using computers long before the internet came into being. For instance, my brother got to go to his office twice a week on Saturday because he was the regional manager for the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company just to check on the computers they used. That was in the day of the big framework computers and long before the Inernet since it was in 1967. Corporations used computers long before the PC days you know.

You are using Democrat talking points to try to defend what Obama said when no matter what he meant he was stretching the truth. We are not ever going to be the tools of the government since they are to be the tool of the people. Yes, he will make a grab at that kind of power but I think that even Democrats like on this forum will awaken when that happens. Maybe there are enough people here who are dependent on the federal government to play the game but I don't believe it.
When did state government become non-government? What difference does it make which branch or entity set the wheels in motion or laid the foundation that enabled people to further build upon it?

What good would any computer be without the education system that trained computer technicians and scientists?

This is basically the stuff the Obama was stating when he was so ludicrously misquoted and his statment was blown so ridiculously out of proportion.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Look at the post above yours, 'K?
I did and found that too much of their info was coming from blogs. You need to look at what the Discovery News admitted about blogs. Yes, they did throw in Popular Science, one of the better known medical publications in the nation. Popular printed one study in that article although Discovery News said they had lots of them.

Hey, Kat, you know that when blogs are involved they tend to print what upholds their agenda or is it just the right leaners who do that?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Can't get pregnant when raped? That would be news to my friend, who got pregnant by her rapist, and she was a virgin when she was raped. She gladly aborted the fetus when she found out.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Common sense dictates that if this was a possibility, there would be no legislation necessary to force rape victims to have the child...no? What pregnanacy? What child?
Doncha know, all women are liars.
None has ever been raped.

Here's a little ditty that the raging grannies sang on the topic: .
There's a bit of swearing at the end.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, since your wife was given the CHOICE and made the wrong decision, you want to ban it for everyone else?

You're not a woman, you'll never have to experience an unwanted pregnancy, you'll never have to make that choice so please, get your opinions out of my uterus.

The way you talk about rape is disgusting. I've known rape victims and you demean all of their experiences by the way you talk. My own sister was raped. My best friend lost her virginity to rape. Men like you make the experience seem like it's no big deal and that the women should just 'get over it'. Shame on you.
How often do the abortionists tell women that they may end up like my first wife? I will say never but then surely the Obama government wouldn't give money to Planned Parenthood to finance abortions unless they told all women that.

I can promise you that when that woman was placed in a position of dealing with 13 year old pregnant, mostly minority kids, she talked all of them into carrying to term and then adopting the babies out. The kids were always happier doing it that way, she thought, but then she was a psychologist so she may not have been able to determine things like that. I am sure that there are more women in this nation who are against abortion than for it so maybe someone like me needs to get his opinions in your uterus.

My second wife and I discussed at length the fact that neither of us agreed with abortion on call. Our second pregnancy came when she was 35 and I was 52. Lots of chances of a less than desirable baby. We got her checked about the beginning of the second trimester and had agreed that if he was going to be less than normal we would have the abortion. Her mother had lived most of her life with a much less than normal child and I didn't want my wife to have to go through that and she didn't want to go here either.

Now as to rape, I can't accept anything to do with that. If I came upon one of those taking place I would throw caution to the winds and attempt to kill the rapist. That might be funny because I am a very old man but next to what I see in gaiety I detest the thought of rape in all its parts. I won't read what I said that set you off about rape but rest assured that I consider rape to be the worst crime of those on people's bodies. I am not against severe punishment of rapists up to castration before death. I am surely not against abortion in cases of rape, either. I guess that makes me part Democrat, huh?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When did state government become non-government? What difference does it make which branch or entity set the wheels in motion or laid the foundation that enabled people to further build upon it?

What good would any computer be without the education system that trained computer technicians and scientists?

This is basically the stuff the Obama was stating when he was so ludicrously misquoted and his statment was blown so ridiculously out of proportion.
Obama didn't manage to say all you are howling about now and that bothers me. I think that all of your crap has been developed by the left after the fact more than what he intended before the fact. Of course, you people want to make him look better than he did that day and you can't do it with crap like you just posted.

Anybody who doesn't understand that he meant federal government only just hasn't managed to awaken to how he thinks. I do hope you awaken before it is too late and the states are no longer governments but nothing but regional branches of the federal government. That is where he wants us to go.

Government hasn't yet built any single small business although businessmen do use the streets and roads that go by their businesses. We would never have developed what he talked about in that speech if we had had what he wants for government while the developing was going on.

You leaners will have to see the point someday and I just hope it isn't after it is too late.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Can't get pregnant when raped? That would be news to my friend, who got pregnant by her rapist, and she was a virgin when she was raped. She gladly aborted the fetus when she found out.
I would certainly have been behind her all the way on that abortion since rape is one of the very few times I agree with abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies