Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM
 
9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Reputation: 2225

Advertisements

Sounds like Obama's apology tour. Blame America.
America needs to change that policy" What policy? If Mexico would clean up it own house then there wouldn't be an issue would there. Don't blame the US for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:43 AM
 
29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Reputation: 12828
Maybe they should blame AG-Holder for working so hard to make the 90% lie come true. The USA is not Eric Holder and his corrupt BAFTE agents. Why hasn't Harry Reid allowed the contempt vote to come before the Senate?

As for the drugs, our government has traffiked drugs, the central banks launder the money. Many Americans choose to be mindless and drug addled addicts. Perhaps is society didn't prop them up with sicial safety hammocks there would be real consequences for those who choose to use drugs.

Mexico needs to look at its own government's role in the problem as well and the corruption which is rife throughout.

Obama was/is a drug user, no doubt he contributed to the problems as an individual drug user.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Reputation: 24863
We should completely legalize drug sales and encourage the Mexican Government to adopt a 2nd Amendmant of their own. The first would destroy the profits from smuggling and the second would allow the Mexican people to defend themselves from both the Federal Police and the Drug gangsters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 AM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sounds like Obama's apology tour. Blame America.
America needs to change that policy" What policy? If Mexico would clean up it own house then there wouldn't be an issue would there. Don't blame the US for everything.
With the exception of this administration and its talking heads, most everyone else realizes that the majority of guns in Mexico come from sources other than than illegal entry from the United States. Just more of the Mexican government's blaming someone else for its failures. Must have learned that from Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Reputation: 5932
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sounds like Obama's apology tour. Blame America.
America needs to change that policy" What policy? If Mexico would clean up it own house then there wouldn't be an issue would there. Don't blame the US for everything.
Hmmmmm, I agree that Mexico does need to work harder to clean up their mess, but so long as pot is illegal in the US the drug cartels will remain in place and I would point out that many of the guns they get are coming from this side of the border. I think your arguement has some major holes in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 AM
 
9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Reputation: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
With the exception of this administration and its talking heads, most everyone else realizes that the majority of guns in Mexico come from sources other than than illegal entry from the United States. Just more of the Mexican government's blaming someone else for its failures. Must have learned that from Obama.
Many Mexicans living in Mexico say the majority of guns are not coming from the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Reputation: 27720
Regulate gun trafficking ? ROFL..that would be a good direct question for Holder.

Pray tell though..which gun shops in the US sell grenades ? Or rocket launchers ?
And who sells submarines ?

So they want the very entity (USG) that is peddling guns and helping get them across the border to make stricter regulations about selling them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Reputation: 5932
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Regulate gun trafficking ? ROFL..that would be a good direct question for Holder.

Pray tell though..which gun shops in the US sell grenades ? Or rocket launchers ?
And who sells submarines ?

So they want the very entity (USG) that is peddling guns and helping get them across the border to make stricter regulations about selling them ?
Who sells M16s, M4s and M60s, we are the largest producers of guns worldwide. Don't act stupid the majority of weapns being used by the gangs are produced here in the USA and they are not buying most of them from legal sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Who sells M16s, M4s and M60s, we are the largest producers of guns worldwide. Don't act stupid the majority of weapns being used by the gangs are produced here in the USA and they are not buying most of them from legal sources.
And regulations will do nothing to stop that. The black market will just grow bigger with tougher restrictions.

Mexico's problems are it's own and they have let the cartels take control.
Did Columbia blame the US back in the 80's when we had the cocaine cartels running their drugs through South Florida ? Did the cartel problems in South Florida even resemble what the Mexican cartels do ?
Sure, bodies turned up in the Everglades, but they weren't finding warehouses of beheaded citizens back in Columbia were they ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Reputation: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Mexico's problems are it's own and they have let the cartels take control.
Did Columbia blame the US back in the 80's when we had the cocaine cartels running their drugs through South Florida ? Did the cartel problems in South Florida even resemble what the Mexican cartels do ?
Sure, bodies turned up in the Everglades, but they weren't finding warehouses of beheaded citizens back in Columbia were they ?
Um..... America craves drugs. Supply and demand. We are responsible for creating the demand. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top