Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I saw it in Greenville last Saturday afternoon. It is interesting if you care about our nation's shifting political climate, but not really earth-shattering. If you believe Obama was born outside the USA and is Muslim, then you probably won't like this movie. I almost left early because the videography was quite shaky and my stomach didn't care for that. The theater was at least 75% full for the 12:10pm show. The audience appeared to be at least 90% over the age of 50 and I didn't see any young people under 30 years old in attendance.
Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for, I appreciate it.

GVSteve, will you be okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I saw it in Greenville last Saturday afternoon. It is interesting if you care about our nation's shifting political climate, but not really earth-shattering. If you believe Obama was born outside the USA and is Muslim, then you probably won't like this movie. I almost left early because the videography was quite shaky and my stomach didn't care for that. The theater was at least 75% full for the 12:10pm show. The audience appeared to be at least 90% over the age of 50 and I didn't see any young people under 30 years old in attendance (no surprise).
I just tried to rep you, it said that I couldn't, had to spread some around first; sorry.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,467 times
This thread has the potential to get really ugly, really quickly.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
This thread has the potential to get really ugly, really quickly.
Why? Self control, respect for differing opinions and civility can go a long way in keeping peace.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I haven't seen it. Do you think it will have an impact on the election?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Here's an interesting review (not from a local though)

Obama’s America: 2016 Review – Want a “conservative” in 2012, “radical” Obama your best choice

Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I haven't seen it. Do you think it will have an impact on the election?
I think any significant impact on the election will be determined not by how many people have seen this movie, but rather by who has seen it and where they live. Liberal voters will still hate it, conservative voters will still love it, but open-minded moderate voters may see something about Obama's political ideology that they had previously ignored. I doubt it will have much of an impact in South Carolina.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I read that link, and I disagree with the last paragraph:

The film concludes by asking the audience to consider, given all that D’Souza has now told them, what America will be like in 2016 if Obama is re-elected. Well, for all of Obama’s anti-colonial and Marxist influences, we actually already know what America will look like in 2016 if Obama is re-elected. President Obama wants to preserve Medicare and Social Security, invest in education and infrastructure, and reduce the deficit by cutting some military spending and raising some taxes on the wealthiest 1%. The real question is: what will America be like in 2016 if Romney is elected? The Republican Party has been so radicalized by the Tea Party that it no longer resembles the GOP of Reagan or Bush. In fact, if you want to vote for a “conservative” in 2012, the “radical” Obama is probably your best choice.

But Art, I thank you for participating in this thread in a civil manner; no name calling, snide comments or personal attacks.We can agree politically and not hate each other See Philly, it's possible.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I think any significant impact on the election will be determined not by how many people have seen this movie, but rather by who has seen it and where they live. Liberal voters will still hate it, conservative voters will still love it, but open-minded moderate voters may see something about Obama's political ideology that they had previously ignored. I doubt it will have much of an impact in South Carolina.
Well put. We haven't been to the theaters since before our oldest was born, she's gonna be 5 in Nov. Still not sure if I'll go, as I readily concede that it is preaching to the choir.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I read that link, and I disagree with the last paragraph:

[b]The film concludes by asking the audience to consider, given all that
So what did you think of the film's conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies