Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,118,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Ew. Dolan should be firmly told off.

That's hardly any different then the treatment we get under the Catholic leadership or the Evangelicals or the Mormons.

Well I'm slain with your intelligence yeah.
Then you really don't understand the religion.
"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,716,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No lie. Right smack on the front of the BIMA flyer for the events is this:

"bima has been authorized by the democratic national convention (dnc) to conduct jumah prayer as well as host festivities and islamically related functions"

http://muslimbureau.com/wp-content/u...HURE-FINAL.pdf

And there's more than 3 events according to their flyer. On Saturday there's a "Color me Muslim" concert.
And the BIMA flyer is mistaken.

Happens with flyers all the time.

The DNC is in charge of the convention. The convention committee in Charlotte is charge of making sure the convention runs smoothly. The city is in charge of the city.

In this case, BIMA wanted to sponsor an event to coincide with the national convention. The DNC has nothing to do with independent events that are scheduled to coincide the the convention, it only has to do with the events within the convention. The city reviewed the application, and provided the necessary permits and licenses. BIMA submitted its events to the local media and to the convention committee to publicize those events. The convention committee, in its efforts to assure the smooth running of the convention, publishes schedules of events at the DNC, as well of events coinciding with the DNC that might be of interest to convention delegates. To that end, the convention committee included the BIMA events in the various schedules and lists of events and attractions. Neither the DNC nor the Charlotte convention committee would have anything to do with the design or wording of the BIMA brochure. They wouldn't have been given an opportunity to vet the brochure. And the people at BIMA could have understood their inclusion in the convention literature to be a form of authorization. "Permission" is often confused with "authorization", and BIMA might have confused the Charlotte convention committee with the DNC, because it is all very confusing.

But the Jumah events are not at the DNC, they are scheduled to coincide with the convention at another location in Charlotte, and are intended to complement the DNC events.

On the other hand, Cardinal Dolan's blessing is a DNC event, as it will occur at the convention, and will be part of the closing of the convention.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,860,122 times
Quote:
Oh yes I do. This notion that Christians who tell us that women can't get pregnant if they've been raped is no different than Muslims who deny women the right to be seen as human beings. All major religions are pretty much largely about controlling women. That includes Christianity and Islam and Judaism for that matter. Unfortunately we're still stuck with some very dumb old men who both run the world and are terrified of women.

The OP whined that the Cardinal was not allowed to speak. The Cardinal paid off pedophiles and then told us that it would morally wrong to ask his organization to provide birth control pills. How is he anything but a disgusting human being utterly unworthy of defense by anyone?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,716,568 times
Quote:
The local Nazarene church says the same thing. Which is why they compel the female members of the congregation to wear floor-length, long-sleeved, high-collared dresses at all times, and they are forbidden to cut their hair or to wear make-up, and they are counseled that their fathers or husbands are responsible for them and are therefore the final authority in their lives. If they want to work, they've got to get permission from their fathers or husbands. If they want to open a bank account, they must get permission from their fathers or husbands.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And the BIMA flyer is mistaken.

Happens with flyers all the time.

The DNC is in charge of the convention. The convention committee in Charlotte is charge of making sure the convention runs smoothly. The city is in charge of the city.

In this case, BIMA wanted to sponsor an event to coincide with the national convention. The DNC has nothing to do with independent events that are scheduled to coincide the the convention, it only has to do with the events within the convention. The city reviewed the application, and provided the necessary permits and licenses. BIMA submitted its events to the local media and to the convention committee to publicize those events. The convention committee, in its efforts to assure the smooth running of the convention, publishes schedules of events at the DNC, as well of events coinciding with the DNC that might be of interest to convention delegates. To that end, the convention committee included the BIMA events in the various schedules and lists of events and attractions. Neither the DNC nor the Charlotte convention committee would have anything to do with the design or wording of the BIMA brochure. They wouldn't have been given an opportunity to vet the brochure. And the people at BIMA could have understood their inclusion in the convention literature to be a form of authorization. "Permission" is often confused with "authorization", and BIMA might have confused the Charlotte convention committee with the DNC, because it is all very confusing.

But the Jumah events are not at the DNC, they are scheduled to coincide with the convention at another location in Charlotte, and are intended to complement the DNC events.

On the other hand, Cardinal Dolan's blessing is a DNC event, as it will occur at the convention, and will be part of the closing of the convention.
Ok, we'll take your word for it that BIMA made a mistake when they said the DNC authorized their events.

The DNC hasn't even come out with a statement saying they did NOT authorize them.
I think I'll wait for the DNC to refute that statement on their flyer vs your opinion.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,042,481 times
Quote:
Ok, we'll take your word for it that BIMA made a mistake when they said the DNC authorized their events.

The DNC hasn't even come out with a statement saying they did NOT authorize them.
I think I'll wait for the DNC to refute that statement on their flyer vs your opinion.
Show me one instance of this event mentioned on a DNC webpage or DNC statement.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 AM

28,396 posts, read 16,236,420 times
Quote:
Not even close. We're talking America here and current interpretation.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're trying to say, then.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Show me one instance of this event mentioned on a DNC webpage or DNC statement.
I'll wait for Wasserman Schultz to speak. The flyer says it all.
Wouldn't it be illegal to say the DNC authorized your events when they didn't ?
Hasn't this hit the MSM in a big way that the DNC is aware of what BIMA printed ?

Why the silence from the DNC ?

Lefties should be defending this, not pushing it away. They're all for tolerance to the Muslims in America.
And I find that very funny that they keep saying it's not part of the "official" DNC Convention.
They expect up to 20K Muslims and I'm sure the Dems want the Muslim vote so they won't say anything to rock the boat. The DNC folks will just keep their mouths shut because no matter which way they go on this they will lose votes if they come out with a statement.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,042,481 times
Quote:
I'll wait for Wasserman Schultz to speak. The flyer says it all.
Wouldn't it be illegal to say the DNC authorized your events when they didn't ?
Hasn't this hit the MSM in a big way that the DNC is aware of what BIMA printed ?

Why the silence from the DNC ?

Lefties should be defending this, not pushing it away. They're all for tolerance to the Muslims in America.
And I find that very funny that they keep saying it's not part of the "official" DNC Convention.
They expect up to 20K Muslims and I'm sure the Dems want the Muslim vote so they won't say anything to rock the boat. The DNC folks will just keep their mouths shut because no matter which way they go on this they will lose votes if they come out with a statement.
I take it from your lack of doing so, that means you can't.

And the "silence" is because it's a complete an utter non-issue. So they mistakenly referenced the DNC instead of the DNCC. Who cares (outside of rightwing nutters that is)?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I take it from your lack of doing so, that means you can't.

And the "silence" is because it's a complete an utter non-issue. So they mistakenly referenced the DNC instead of the DNCC. Who cares (outside of rightwing nutters that is)?
That's your opinion but that's not what the brochure says.
The FACT is that the brochure has DNC on it.

Everything else is speculation. And it seems many do care as the Dems can't yell loud enough to distance this from the Party itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies