Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The thread didn't get any traction before, because it's all hot air:

DNC prayers - snopes.com

My favorite posts from the above link:

The official schedule has no mention of this organization or a jummah.
http://www.demconvention.com/speaker...-and-councils/
Schedule - 2012 Democratic National Convention | 2012 Democratic National Convention

Considering Timothy Dolan's past comments in regards to Gay and Lesbian unions and his connection to paying off priests suspected of child abuse, it's better he stays away

I took a look at the Charlotte in 2012 site. According to the site, Charlottein2012 is "a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by the city of Charlotte to fulfill obligations of the master contract with the Democratic National Convention Committee. In addition to those obligations, Charlotte in 2012 works to engage the citizens of Charlotte and the Carolinas through business and civic opportunities, ensure that the Convention leaves a positive lasting legacy, and tell Charlotte and the region's story to the nation and the world."

From this, it appears that Charlottein2012 is not an arm of the DNC and certainly not under the control of Obama. Furthermore, the Jumah prayer on Friday is not part of the convention; it is a pre-convention event, just as Carolinafest2012 is a para-convention event that is also free and open to the public. Only Carolinafest2012 takes place during the convention while the prayer takes place two to three days before the convention.

Therefore I, for one, must conclude that the allegation that Obama has arranged to "allow 20,000 followers of Islam start the DNC with a jummah prayer" is false.

So... in other words, a group NOT associated or controlled by the DNC - Carolinafest - is either hosting or promoting a Muslim prayer in conjunction with other cultural events taking place prior to and during the convention.

All your quotes are from a message board! lol

Do you always take anonymous message board posts as the gospel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Only Tuesday and you are looking stupid again. You are pretty consistent about posting CRAP THAT IS TOTALLY FALSE. i I doubt you will get any support from any one that Snopes is an Obama machine.
Snopes has no idea what the truth is and that IS fact. What does that screenshot of the webpage say? Did you read it? Of course not. Keep dreaming comrade.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
All your quotes are from a message board! lol

Do you always take anonymous message board posts as the gospel?
Yes they do. I posted the actual screen shot of the Charlotte in 2012 website and it says right there that the prayer is "At the Democratic National Convention".

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I doubt you will get any support from any one that Snopes is an Obama machine.
Are you not aware of the connection between George Soros and Snopes?

Last edited by Bideshi; 08-28-2012 at 08:10 AM..

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?
The Catholic cardinal (maybe because Ryan is Catholic) is doing the opening prayer at RNC, and wanted to do DNC as well, so it does not surprise me they turned him down. I guess they'll find someone else. No, the DNC opening prayer is not a muslim prayer.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Yeah, just believe what another poster put up with absolutely no facts, but biased snopes? Yeah, ok. Read my last post, what does that website say?
It's not even snopes, it's a message board on snopes. She's quoting random anonymous posters as if they were authorities.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Democratic National Convention to Host Islamic Jumah Prayers with Jibril Hough, Siraj Wahhaj | Video | TheBlaze.com

The Democratic National Committee is raising a number of eyebrows after choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention, though it denied a Catholic cardinal’s request to say a prayer at the same event.

Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?
The screenshot you posted says it's happening on August 31st, correct? How is it that this is happening as part of - or "at" - the Convention when it's taking place 3 days before the Convention starts? (the Convention runs from September 3-7)

Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The screenshot you posted says it's happening on August 31st, correct? How is it that this is happening as part of the Convention when it's taking place 3 days before the convention starts? (the convention runs from September 3-7.
They want to make it sound like the DNC is opening with a muslim prayer, while in reality the muslims are doing their thing five days before the event. This is coming from Glenn Beck, so what do you expect?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
This is not an event sponsored by the DNC. It is part of a two day event sponsored be the BIMA.
Jumah At The DNC – Bureau of Indigenous Muslim Affairs

Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
What does that say under summary? "At the DNC Convention"? Snopes is Obama's lie cover.
Hey genius, THIS is the DNC site for the convention, where "Muslim Prayer" is not on the menu:

2012 Democratic National Convention - The official website of the Democratic National Convention | 2012 Democratic National Convention

However, you and others CAN join their "faith caucus" if you care so much:

Faith Caucus - 2012 Democratic National Convention | 2012 Democratic National Convention

THIS SITE: Charlotte in 2012: ABOUT

is organized and operated as follows:

The Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by the city of Charlotte to fulfill obligations of the master contract with the Democratic National Convention Committee. In addition to those obligations, Charlotte in 2012 works to engage the citizens of Charlotte and the Carolinas through business and civic opportunities, ensure that the Convention leaves a positive lasting legacy, and tell Charlotte and the region's story to the nation and the world.

Your beef is thus with the City of Charlotte and this "non profit, non-partisan" group that is organizing tons of events, including an ALABAMA GOSPEL BRUNCH, a FOOTBALL EVENT, and NASCAR EVENTS.... in addition to Islamic whatevertheheck:

http://charlottein2012.com/events/

As for your "Jumah prayer," if you actually spent time doing a little leg work that involved more than sifting through your favorite right wing blogs, you would notice this "event" is taking place at a PARK, the Friday before the convention even starts!

I learned this information from reading Snopes. Which has a message board filled with far more intelligent people than the ones that populate THIS board. I'm sorry if their intelligence makes you believe they are "liberal" or "biased".....but I'm sure you run into that a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies