Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,282,104 times

Advertisements

This is what pisses me off about today's political discourse. If my side does it, its just sarcasm or a joke, if the other side does it, it's a hugely offensive insult that speaks volumes about the person and the party they represent.

Let's get something straight, I am a registered Republican. I have only voted once for a democrat in my 40 years on earth. I think Obama is an ineffectual leader who needs to be replaced by a conservative choice. But these kind of idiotic statements by the self appointed mouthpieces of our party do not help us.

If we are not willing to call out people who display abject stupidity on our side, we can't get all upset when the other side refuses to do so, either (insert Biden or Linda Wasserman here).

The refusal to do so makes us all hypocrites.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:17 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,765,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I want Obama out of there as much as anybody else, but mind-numbing BS like this just really annoys me. It just gives fodder to the democrats to paint all conservatives as right wing loons.

Rush Limbaugh: Isaac Hurricane, Tropical Storm A Conspiracy Against Republicans - Business Insider
Naturally, he said nothing of the kind.

Can't you folks come up with more believable lies?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
I want Obama out of there as much as anybody else, but mind-numbing BS like this just really annoys me. It just gives fodder to the democrats to paint all conservatives as right wing loons.

Rush Limbaugh: Isaac Hurricane, Tropical Storm A Conspiracy Against Republicans - Business Insider
Of-course it is, he got the Hurricaine machine from Dubya when he took office, you silly people

Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,822,558 times
LMFAO, you lefties make me laugh, you can't even take satire, LMFAO, Rush gets paid millions to joke about everything that can make him more money and you idiots want to promote him to being the head of the GOP, LMFAO, you Libs are just hilarious. Go on back to watching your NPR and MSNBC and stop watching those who are above your understanding. LMFAO

Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,467,279 times
Quote:
This is what pisses me off about today's political discourse. If my side does it, its just sarcasm or a joke, if the other side does it, it's a hugely offensive insult that speaks volumes about the person and the party they represent.

Let's get something straight, I am a registered Republican. I have only voted once for a democrat in my 40 years on earth. I think Obama is an ineffectual leader who needs to be replaced by a conservative choice. But these kind of idiotic statements by the self appointed mouthpieces of our party do not help us.

If we are not willing to call out people who display abject stupidity on our side, we can't get all upset when the other side refuses to do so, either (insert Biden or Linda Wasserman here).

The refusal to do so makes us all hypocrites.
If Obama does win this November, you and every other sane Republican need to do your party and our country a favor and cast these idiots into political oblivion where they belong. I'd be thrilled to go up against a real, plausible opposition party in 2016, no matter who wins this election.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
LMFAO, you lefties make me laugh, you can't even take satire, LMFAO, Rush gets paid millions to joke about everything that can make him more money and you idiots want to promote him to being the head of the GOP, LMFAO, you Libs are just hilarious. Go on back to watching your NPR and MSNBC and stop watching those who are above your understanding. LMFAO
Darn, and I thought my post before yours was funny on more than one level and evenly distributed. Oh, well, I tried

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-27-2012 at 08:03 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 PM

57,067 posts, read 26,024,198 times
I am just hoping no hurricane decends on the DNC, you just know the evangelicals would deem it an act of god towards the sinners.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
We are reality based. You are alternate reality based. You don't understand the reasons for the difference. We do.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Default Limbaugh thinks hurricane Issac is an Obama conspiracy

Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,160,107 times
He's been saying crazy things about the Hurricane Isaac all week long. This is just another loony statement. Whether it's tongue in cheek or not, it's loony and outrageous. I really don't see how any can take this guy for anything more than a clown

Limbaugh: Obama 'Hopeful' Hurricane Will Hit Tampa During GOP Convention - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.