Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I find it interesting that you can't see this for what it is. What happened to 'nations should police themselves' - which we heard all during the Bush years? At least there was a 9/11 as the backdrop for what Bush did (whether you agree with it or not).

I don't believe there was an overwhelming desire to remove Mubarak by the people. I think those protestors were bused in from other countries.
Really, and how many Egyptians do you personally know who informed you of that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
If one paid them well enough... revolution is cheaper than all out war.

Also... I've seen scenes on American TV news of supposed "protests" in Russia
where the signs and symbols show a different kind of "message" than the western
news would have Americans believe.

One can always tell the "real" anti-Putin protesters... they carry signs in English
and use perverted symbols Americans can understand.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

But don't dismiss the people who disagree with you as uninformed or mindless. Because, we aren't. And by the way, I can read those signs in Russian, too.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Didn't they have an election in Egypt? If Egyptians are so stupid as to vote for islamists, who are we to say they shouldn't have? It's their country and they will pay the price for such a stupid choice...

If it were up to me, I would return Egypt to its sophisticated state 3000 years ago, long before Islam was born Same goes for Iran...

Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Believe whatever you want to believe.

But don't dismiss the people who disagree with you as uninformed or mindless. Because, we aren't. And by the way, I can read those signs in Russian, too.

Do you know what these flags these "protesters" are carrying symbolize ?

Demonstrations Erupt in Russian Cities | HMH Current Events

Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 PM

I won't keep you guessing... the Russian imperial flag is a symbol for Russian nationalists/monarchists.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:33 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Really, and how many Egyptians do you personally know who informed you of that one.
Probably the same amount that informed you guys about their support for the MB.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
Do you know what these flags these "protesters" are carrying symbolize ?

Demonstrations Erupt in Russian Cities | HMH Current Events

I can't really make out the symbol in its entirety. What I do see suggests the Imperial Coat of Arms for Russia.

I must say, that you seem to be going completely off-topic here. I don't know what Russian protesters have to do with Egypt and the fictional islamist dictatorship.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

I can't really make out the symbol in its entirety. What I do see suggests the Imperial Coat of Arms for Russia.

I must say, that you seem to be going completely off-topic here. I don't know what Russian protesters have to do with Egypt and the fictional islamist dictatorship.

I brought Russian "protesters" carrying nationalist/tsarist flags up to show you how the western media is deceptive.

But that should hardly be news to anyone who is paying attention.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I have to know someone to have an opinion?

I read that awhile ago somewhere - I will look it up.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:08 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
From pg. 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Mar. 2011 - Obama administration approved $40billion in private arms sales to countries including Libya and Egypt

The U.S. government approved $40billion in private arms sales to countries including Libya and Egypt in 2009 - before they both dissolved into unrest this year - the State Department reported.

The figures show $458,000 in tear gas sales licensed to Egypt, where there were numerous reports that U.S.-supplied crowd-control gas suppressed democracy protesters in Cairo.

Tear gas sold in 2009?? Yep - this was the plan from the beginning.

Egyptian Police Using U.S.-Made Tear Gas Against Demonstrators

Egyptian riot police are firing tear gas canisters bearing the label "Made in U.S.A" against street demonstrations in Cairo, according to protesters who provided ABC News with pictures of the canisters.

According to the canister labels, the tear gas is produced by Combined Systems International of Jamestown, Pennsylvania.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies